Chapter 6

Friendship is Love

 boa2.jpg

(FLASHBACK cont.-still part of the letter)

Jessica's POV

     I was walking back to the dorm after the soccer game. As expected I had beat Donghae easily, and I was almost at the girls dorm when a large man bumped into me. I was going to yell at him when I realized it was the principal. He was wearing a very nice gray suit and his hair (or what was left of it) was carefully combed. He also had his reading glasses sitting on the tip of his milky white nose. It was easy to tell that he might have been very handsome at one time in his life, but that must have been a while back. Now he seemed to exude a fatherly aura with his gray hair speckled with black. Wrinkles had also appeared on his face- probably from having to deal with students like Donghae.

     "Oh I'm so sorry Professor Im! I should have been watching where I was going!" I bowed a few times before he stopped me.

     "Oh don't worry about it Jessica, and how many times must I tell you to just call me Uncle. You're like a daughter to me. There is no need to be so formal," Uncle smiled at me. My father was actually close with him, and I had actually become quite close with him myself in the last year. Donghae liked to make fun of me and called me the teacher's pet.

     Uncle was now looking at me strangely, and I realized that I probably looked hideous from sweating so much.

     "Um I was actually just coming back from playing soccer with Donghae. So..." I looked down not knowing what to say. It was kind of awkward standing there all stinky and gross talking to him.

    "Oh please don't tell me that my favorite student has become like all the other silly girls here who obsess over the notorious Lee Donghae." Uncle looked at me disapprovingly. I already knew that he didn't really approve of my best friend, but he didn't know Donghae the way I did. No one knew Donghae the way I did.

     "Come on Uncle you know he's only my best friend! He's really not that bad, and don't worry-I will never obsess over him like the other girls," I gave him a reassuring smile which he returned. I looked up and noticed that the sun was now up and shining. It made Uncle's bald spot shine a little and I giggled.

     "So, why are you so dressed up today hmmm? Any special occasion? A date maybe?" I raised my eyebrows twice and giggled again. I knew he was single since his wife past away a few years ago. I thought it was about time for him to get back in the game. Uncle's face turned red, and he seemed a bit shocked.

    "No, no of course not! Today is just a special day is all. Actually I think my bumping into you may actually be helpful." Uncle's face had lit up and he was smiling like he had just let go of a huge burden.

     "Why's that?" I asked hesitantly. 

     "Well actually, today my daughter will be joining the university as a freshman. She's a bit nervous as she doesn't know anyone here, and she doesn't want to get any extra attention for being the principal's daughter. So, since I actually trust you, I want you to give her a tour around the place. She needs a friend and you woould be perfect. You two will get along better than sisters." Uncle seemed genuinly relieved, and as much as I wanted to say no, I knew I couldn't. I slowly nodded my head yes. Well Donghae was going to be giving me crap for helping a teacher again.

     "Oh and keep her away from Donghae will you. Although I do trust her not to fall for a guy like him, I just want to be safe okay," He seemed a bit ashamed of having me bodyguard his daughter from one of his students, but I thought it was actually pretty funny. Jeez Donghae how many things did you do to get on the principal's hit list.

     "No problem. I'll keep her safe for you. Anyway, um I really need to shower so I'll just be going then I guess." I started to walk away as Uncle said bye. Then I remembered something pretty important that I should ask him.

    "Wait Uncle I don't even know your daughter's name!" I yelled to get his attention.

    "Oh yes, yes. Well her name is Im Yoona, and I know I have a few pictures of her in my wallet." He began looking for a picture and finally took something out.

     "Here she is. You can keep the picture if you want." He handed it to me.

   yoona+SNSD7.jpg

(the picture)

     Wow, how pretty. I didn't feel jealous since I didn't really concern myself with looking cute all of the time like other girls. But, I was seriously awestruck.

     "She's beautiful. I can't wait to meet her." I smiled up at Uncle.

Boa's POV

    "You girls need to have this pigsty clean by the time I get back or else!" I yelled at the girls running around. I was the dorm head and the music teacher here at the university. I don't understand why I was put in charge of the girls dorm since nobody liked to listen to me anyway.  

    "No problem Boa Unnie!" some of the girls yelled back at me. When I was first put in charge I had told all the girls to call me unnie since I was really only eight years older than most of them. I started to regret that as some of them took advantage of the informal relationship I had set up. 

     "Oh the things I do for this school." I sighed. As I was about to walk out of the room I bumped into Jessica. She was looking at a picture in her hands. The girl in the picture looked cute. Jessica on the other hand...

     "Jessica I know you are better than all these girls here, and you don't concern yourself too much with how you look. But seriously, can't you try a little," I groaned. I mean I loved the girl to death and she was one of my best music students, but she didn't have to dress like a total boy.

     She seemed to snap out of some deep thoughts as she turned to look up at me. "Oh, hi Boa Unnie. Sorry I was just coming back from playing soccer with Donghae." She smiled up at me and I sighed.

     "Him again. Jessica I'm starting to think there is more between you two than you let on." I stared at her with my eyebrows raised.

     "Oh my gosh Unnie! Why does everyone keep saying that! We are not more than friends!" she seemed really frustrated, so I laughed and pinched her cheek. I began to walk away but then turned around and called her name.

     "If you're only friends Jessica, then maybe you should stay away from him. You never know when friendship might turn into love."

 

*****Hey I hope this chapter isn't too boring!Yes, there is a new character! Boa will be the head of the girls dorm. She will probably be a minor character, but she will appear in many chapters in the future. I know there aren't any Haesica or Yoonhae moments, but bear with me. I'm just setting up the story right now. I promise there will be many moments next!