Chapter 33

Friendship is Love

Donghae's POV

     Ever since I got the call from Jessie, I've been an anxious mess. No matter what I did all I could do was worry whether she was okay or not. The people at the camp wouldn't even pick up my phone calls which of course made me go even more crazy. So, I finally decided to go to the camp myself in order to check on her. It was only the first week of the dumb camp and she was already ill; I knew I shouldn't have allowed her to go.

     I left the night before and was standing at the gates of the camp by early morning.The weather was nice and the camp had a carefree, colorful theme. I had to admit that it looked like a nice place for kids, and that helped me calm down a bit. However, I had to see that Jessie was completely safe before I completly settled down. 

     The gates opened and I was immediately met by a guy that looked to be around my age. He had short brown hair and was wearing a bright orange shirt with blue jeans. He introduced himelf as Sungmin. Apparently he was the lead camp counselor. 

     "What can I do for you Mr. Lee?" Sungmin asked. Although I wanted to be furious, I couldn't muster any anger. I could already tell that this guy was hard to dislike. 

     "I called the camp numerous times, and got no reply. My daughter, Jessie, had called me saying she was sick, and I've been worried ever since," I answered. He looked at me funny before finally answering me in a calm voice.

     "Well, there haven't been any kids in the infirmary as far as I know Mr. Lee. And even if there were, the camp takes very good care of the kids, so you would have nothing to worry about. I can go find your daughter for you though. There's a chance she may not have visited the camp nurse yet." 

     "Thank you," I replied earnestly. 

     "You're welcome. You can wait in that cabin over there. There's a counselor in the office who will assist you with anything else you may need." Sungmin nodded over to a dark brown cabin that was larger than most of the buildings at the camp. It didn't take me long to reach the cabin, but once entered, I couldn't see any sign of another person being there. I called out few times but didn't receive any answer. A small noise came out from behind a large, wooden door, and it sounded like papers rustling. 

     "Anyone in here?" I asked as I walked toward the room. There was still no reply, so I decided to open the door myself. Just as I went to push the door open, I tripped over the carpet. Unfortunately, I couldn't grab onto something to stop my fall. Instead, I pretty much crushed a small woman who had happened to be right on the other side of the doorway. 

     "Ouch." The second I heard the voice, my eyes widened. There was no way I could ever forget that high-pitched voice. That same voice that had helped me get through high school. That same voice that I had fallen in love with in college. That same voice that I had day-dreamed of over and over again throughout the past eight years. 

     I brought my head back, and my eyes locked with her cat-like eyes that still managaed to hold millions of thoughts that I could never be able to decipher. My mouth unconciously melted into a small grin. 

     "Jessica," I breathed. She seemed to finally realize who I was as well, and we stayed locked in place for several moments, neither of us saying a word. I had imagined this moment plenty of times before, and in each of my made-up scenerios I had prepared huge monologues in which I practically threw up all of my thoughts and emotions at Jessica's feet. Yet, nothing was coming out of my mouth in that moment. I was happy- undeniably so, but the moment just didn't feel real. It was like a hazy dream.

     "Donghae you're crushing me." She finally spoke in her soft voice, and I was knocked out of my trance. I stood up straight and mumbled numerous incoherent apologies. I held out my hand to help her stand only realize she was already up. This only added to the now awkward atmosphere that enveloped us, and I mentally cursed myself hundreds of times over. 

     "How are you?" Sica spoke again. Her voice seemed to shake a bit. When I looked up I noticed her eyes growing watery. Well now I clearly couldn't yell at her for disappearing out of my life. In that moment I decided to be more spontaneous, and I opted for something more friendly. My arms wrapped around her small frame. I held her close to my body. I even allowed myself to take in the scent of her hair. 

     "I've missed you," I said. My voice sounded too loud in the small room, especially compared to the soft tone Sica had been using. Of course, this didn't matter as I was more focused on the way Sica's arms tightened around my waist, and how her head snuggled into the crook of my neck.  In this position I allowed myself to take in more details. The first thing I noticed was how long her hair was compared to when we were younger. My fingers were tangled in the locks. The next thinng I noticed was that clothing she was in.  

      "You're wearing a skirt." Jessica giggled and pulled away. Hesitantly, I allowed to step back. There were a few tears that rolled down her cheeks, and she hastily rubbed the backs of her hands against her face. There were some black smudges that ran down her cheeks, and I was shocked to realize that she was acually wearing makeup. I reached up, taking her face between both of my hands and used my thumbs to wipe away the rest of the stray water droplets. 

     "Yeah I'm wearing a skirt. And you're actually wearing a suit," she replied. I laughed and nodded as I looked down at my dress pants and shirt. I still didn't take my hands away from her face. My thumbs continued to her soft cheeks

     "You look beautiful." I told her. This was the absolute truth. Eight years ago I would never has imagined that my Sica could dress up like this. Eight years ago I wouldn't have wanted her to dress like this, but looking at her now, I couldn't deny how my breath was knocked away. She was gorgeous.  

     "Thanks. You look good too." Sica blushed slightly as she said this, and I grinned. I couldn't remember ever making the ice princess actually blush. Once again there was a small moment of silence, but this time there wasn't any awkwardness, and we stared at each without being bashful. I brought my hands down to hold her hands. We stayed like that, looking at the changes that had happened to each other physically, and searching each other's eyes for any clues of what may have changed internally as well. She must have seen something in me because her eyebrows became furrowed and she broke our little staring contest. 

     "Listen...I learned about..." she trailed off as she suddenley avoided any eye contact with me. I realized what she was about to talk about, and frowned. 

     "Yoona?" I finished for her. She nodded and shuffled her feet, her eyes trained on something on the floor. 

     "Yeah. I'm so sorry. I had no idea-"

     "How could you have had any idea? You were never there. If I remember correctly, you disappeared somewhere and never came back." 

     "We moved houses," she mumbled weakly. 

     "Did you forget about your friendships during the move too? When I needed my best friend, you were no where to be found. I was so lost and alone and I needed you and..." When I saw Sica's eyes begin to water again I realized how angry I sounded. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I brought her into my embrace again and held her. There was no point in fighting right now. I couldn't risk losing her again. 

     "You didn't re-marry?" Sica asked hesitantly. I laughed half-heartedly. 

     "I couldn't find you. If I had I might still be a married man." I tried to make it sound like I was joking. It seemed to work since she let out a small laugh. I wondered what she would do if she knew how true that statement actually was. 

     "What about you? What have you been up to these past few years?" I asked. However, before Sica could respond, the door to the room burst open once agian. 

     "Daddy!" Sica and I quickly pulled apart and I turned around just in time to catch little Jessie in my arms. I grinned sheepishly over at Sica who was smiling at me and Jessie. Yet, despite Sica's smile I could see something was troubling her, and for some reason it gave me an uneasy feeling.  

 

*****Hey guys! Long time no see :D I have finally updated, and I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Haesica is back in the game yaaayyy! I do have a confession to make though. One of the reasons I lost motivation for this fic was because I sort of stoppped shipping haesica (well really I stopped being a huge suju fan-I still like them, they're just not at the top of my list anymore). However, because it is summer-time, I had a renewal in my inspiration, and I plan to finish this fic by the end of this summer :D

I'm sorry if the chapter seemed a little choppy and rushed. I was having trouble transitioning into haesica getting back together. I promise it will be better from here on out though! Btw I still have to go back and edit a little, so if there are any mistakes, I'll fix them tomorrow :)

Don't forget to subscribe and COMMENT <3 I love you feedback because it keeps me writing!