Chapter 15

Friendship is Love

 tear.jpg

(FLASHBACK cont.-still part of the letter)

Jessica's POV

     After the song ended, I ran from the stage as quickly as I could. I exited from the opposite side of the stage that Donghae and Yoona were were standing on. For some reason what I had seen really affected me, and I knew that I couldn't face either of them right now.

     Once again nobody stopped me as I left backstage. Everyone was actually too focused on Kara who had finally arrived. My feet led me out of the building and I walked through the cool evening air to the girl's dorm. As I got closer to the dorm, tears already started rolling down my face. I brought my right hand up and wiped the tears with the back of my hand. Suddenly, the combination of me fast walking in heels and the blury tears in my eyes made me trip and I fell to the ground. My arms got scratched and I scraped my knees. Instead of wiping the dirt off myself I stood up again and continued to huff my way forward. I pulled my heels off and threw them aside. When I finally reached the dorm, I stopped and sat down on one of the couches in the lobby. I yanked the wig off and put it next to me. For some reason, I couldn't go any further up to my room. The tears didn't stop when I tried to wipe them away.

     I sat hunched over sniffling and rubbing my arms which were still cold from being outside. Then, I felt a hand come down on my bare shoulder. I sighed and turned around to see a warm and comforting face.

 Boa's POV

     I watched Sica sing her song on stage. I was really proud of her. I had wanted to find her for the performance beacuase her voice was the best in my class. When I saw her walk into backstage I felt more than just relieved. I knew it was mean to think, but I couldn't deny that Donghae and Yoona had been a trainwreck on stage.  

     Finally, Sica was on her last few lines of 'Almost'. However, when she looked backstage I noticed her face drop a little and her voice missed a note. I followed to where her gaze had been and saw Donghae and Yoona slow dancing. My chest tightened a bit. So you really do have feelings for Donghae, right Sica? Jessica was truely like a little sister to me. We had grown so close since she came to the college, and seeing her in this shape really made my heart drop. I had warned her, but I guess nobody can control who they love.

     When the song ended I walked forward and decided to wait for her backstage. However, to my surprise she ran off and I saw her leave the building. I frowned and followed her. Are you really that hurt Jessica?

     "Where did Sica go?" I heard Hae ask. I ignored him and went after her. As I left I saw Hae walk over to a flower and look at it with a defeated expression. What was wrong with him? Still, I didn't bother stopping to see if he was alright. From what I saw, it was Sica who needed my help right now.

     When I got out the building I immediately found Jessica. She wasn't very hard to spot with her big poofy dress. I stayed behind her, but I made sure she couldn't hear or see me. As we got closer to the dorm, she tripped and fell. This was when I noticed the tears running down her face.  It was a good thing she didn't wear makeup or she really would of looked like a mess. Finally, she entered the girls' dorm, and I followed her in. Instead of walking to her room, she plopped down on the couch in the front lobby. I heard sniffles coming from her and I sighed. Walking over, I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me and seemed a little relieved. I smiled at her as I sat down.

     "What's wrong?" I asked. I wiped some of the tears from her face. She just shrugged her shoulders and leaned her head on me.

     "I don't know unnie." she whimpered. I held her in my embrace as there was a period of silence between us. Suddenly, she sat up and wiped the rest of the tears that had been rolling down her face.

     "Sorry about all this. I'll return the dress and everything right away." Sica pursed her lips before she continued.

     "You know, it's really strange. Nowadays I'm really missing mom and dad. I guess that's why I got emotional." I could tell she was lying, and I frowned at her as she fought to keep more tears from falling down. Even though I wanted her to be honest with me, I decided to go along with what she said. She'd been hurting for a long time now, but it was only now starting to come out.

     "Silly, how could you miss your parents when you have me here for you?" I laughed lightly as I pulled her in for another hug. She tried to laugh too, but I could tell her heart wasn't in it. When she put her arms around me I could feel more tears coming from her eyes and soaking my shirt. I sighed.

     "Sica, tears don't fix anything." I mumbled to myself. I'm sure she couldn't hear me, but I wished she did. Donghae and Jessica's future depended on the issue of whether or not they opened up to their true feelings. Otherwise it might be too late.

Jessica's POV

     I felt much better after Boa unnie comforted me. However, I felt bad that I lied to her. The reason I felt so terrible was because I loved Donghae, not becuase I missed my parents. I needed Donghae in my life, but I kept seeing him with other people. I couldn't hate him for it either since Yoona was my closest friend. Besides, I couldn't even tell if he felt the same way for me.

     As I sat in Boa unnie's embrace I let some more of my tears out. I heard her last comment, but I decided to pretend not to hear it. Unnie, you're right. Tears don't fix anything, but they certainly help get rid of some of the pain.

Donghae's POV

     Yoona and I continued to dance until the song slowly eneded. When I tried to pull away from her she gave me one more tight squeeze and finally let go. She smiled up at me as she shyly stepped back. Guilt enveloped me because I knew she had actually fallen for me. I just gave her a light smile and quickly turned away. I looked at the stage hoping to see Jessica walking my way, but she was nowhere to be found.

     "Where did Jessica go?" I asked to no one in particular. A girl with a cell phone against her ear turned to me.

     "She just ran off stage," she said. Afterwards, she turned to the rest of the people backstage and told them that Kara had just arrived. Everything once again burst into chaos as people rushed to get things ready. Yoona left my side and joined them after giving me strange look. However, I just stood there.

     Did Jessica leave because she really hadn't forgiven me yet? Was it because she didn't want to talk to me? My heart plummeted to the pit of my stomach as I thought these things over. Had I really not had a chance with her at all?

     Slowly I shuffled over to the carnation that was still sitting on the little table. I picked it up and gazed at it with a defeated expression. Will I ever have the guts to confess to you now Sica?

*****Hope you enjoyed! Although I'm rooting for Haesica, I feel bad for Yoona. She doesn't want to hurt her friends, but she's a girl in love who wants to be loved back as well. What do you guys think?

This was definately not one of my favorite chapters. I think my writing for this chapter kind of >.< sorry! Chapter 16= some Yoonhae, Chapter 17= very cute Haesica, Chapter 18= some Yoonsic and the love triangle. Please continue your support! They flashback in the letter is finally almost done, and you guys will learn why Yoonhae ended up getting married! There will be tons and tons more haesica after the flashback ends:) COMMENT!!!