Chapter 23

Friendship is Love

 haesica-cry1.jpg

(FLASHBACK cont.-still part of the letter)

Jessica's POV

     I took a deep breath as I faced Boa Unnie. I knew this was what I wanted and what was best for everyone. My resolve was set and nobody could change my mind.

     "Jessica, are you sure you want to do this?" she asked. Her blonde hair was pushed behind her ears as always and a stylish outfit brought out her perfect curves. From faraway she probably looked quite put together, but standing in front of her now, I could tell how she was struggling to keep herself composed. Tears finally fell from her glistening eyes before I stepped forward to crush her in a farewell embrace.

     "I need to leave. If I stay here, more people will just get hurt. I don't want that." I explained. Yes, I was leaving the university. I had decided last night after telling Boa everything I had seen. When I called my parents, they didn't protest against my sudden choice as they knew I wouldn't do anything without reason.

     "But still, to throw away everything for a boy...Sica that's just not like you," Boa Unnie continued to try to persuade me to stay. I smiled up at her and bent down to grab my backpack where I had stuffed some of my most valuable things. My other bags were already in the black Mercedes my parents had sent to fetch me.

     "I'm ready to go. We'll keep in touch. I promise." I kissed her cheek before I started to walk off to the car. There was a heavy weight in my chest. I knew I was leaving a lot behind- my friends, my teachers, my memories, and most of all, Donghae. Yet, after seeing Yoona and Donghae yesterday, I knew they were both serious about each other. This wasn't just another fling for Donghae, and I didn't want my stupid feelings to get in the way of that.

     "Jessica! Yah Sica!" I heard an all too familiar voice yell. I sighed and quickly wiped away a few tears that had escaped during my goodbye to Boa Unnie. I threw my backpack in the backseat before turning around to face Donghae.

     He ran up to me breathing heavily, probably from running all the way from the boys' dorm. He was wearing black basketball shorts with a loose white t-shirt, and I guessed he had come right after waking up. Yoona trailed closely behind him, looking at me with worried eyes.

     "What the hell are you doing!" he yelled. I flinched at his angry voice. I had been hoping that I could leave without him finding out, but I guess that wasn't going to happen now.

     "I have to go home Hae," I responded with a voice I hoped sounded convincing. Behind Donghae, I saw Boa Unnie wave at me before walking inside. I was thankful she wouldn't see me breaking down (which was probably going to happen in the next few seconds). Yoona remained standing near us with a concerned expression. I gave her a weak smile before turning back to a fuming Donghae.

     "That is no excuse! And why didn't you tell me? I had to wake up to Yoona running into my room to find out that you were leaving the university. Do you have any idea how shocked I was?! I...I...I" Hae continued yell before he began stumbling over his words. I glanced at Yoona again, and I guess I wasn't surprised she had heard about me leaving no matter how big of a secret I was trying to keep it. Girls in the dorm liked to spread the news fast.

     Donghae covered his face and began to take a few breaths. Had I not been about to cry, I probably would have been laughing at his disheveled state.

     "I'm sorry. I knew you would try to stop me and-"

     "Of course I would try to stop you! Where in the world did this decision come from? Sica, are you really that stupid that you think I would just let you go. You really don't think I would go get you back? I mean seriously!" Donghae interrupted me. It really touched me to hear that he would have followed me, but it also made saying goodbye ten times harder.

     "Donghae my parents need me. They called and asked me to come back home, I couldn't say no," I lied to him. There was no way I could tell him the truth that I was actually leaving because I was in love with him and I couldn't stand to see him with the girl of his dreams, even if she was my best friend.     

     "Then leave after finals. They're only two months away, and then you and I could both go home together."

     "No, Donghae. I need to leave right now." I continued to try to be strong in front of him. I couldn't let Donghae's words get to me.

     "I'll fail Sica. You help me with my grades.Who's going to help me if you leave, and who's going to cheer for me at track? Huh? We need to finish this year off together. There's too many things I need to straighten out. You just can't leave yet," he continued to try to make me stay. I shook my head and looked at the ground. There was a moment's pause before I heard Donghae's voice again.

     "You know what? Fine. Go! Leave! I have Yoona now. I don't need a friend who tries sneaking away and doesn't tell me anything. I don't need you!" Donghae turned around and began walking toward Yoona after his little rant. Yoona stared at me looking a little scared. I knew she didn't want me to leave, and she looked a little lost. With the tears sliding down my face, I didn't have the strength to give her a fake smile. I deserved what Donghae said no matter how much it hurt me. So, I turned around and reached into the car to grab my backpack. In the first pocket of the bag, I grabbed my most valuable possesion, my gandmother's bracelet. After holding it in my hand for a moment, I tossed it to Yoona who caught it with a shocked look on her face. Without looking at Donghae again, I started getting into the car.

Donghae's POV

     I felt something whizz past me and land in Yoona's hands. I looked and saw Sica's bracelet in Yoona's hands. Jessica would never give that bracelet up to anyone. Now I knew what an idiot I was being, so I turned and yelled Jessica's name. For some reason, there was a feeling in my stomach that was telling me that something was wrong. When I had looked into her eyes I had seen that she wouldn't be back. Something had broken inside of her, and it scared me.

     "Wait!" I yelled as I jogged up to her. She slowly turned to face me, and I saw that she was sobbing now. My heart sank as I realized that I had hurt her again. I reached up to wipe off some of the tears on her delicate face. I made sure my fingers barely traced over her skin as though if I pressed too hard, she would crumble under my touch. 

     "I'm sorry," we both stammered. at the same time.

     "It's just that I'm going to miss you. We haven't ever been seperated since we met back in high school. Keep in touch okay. You have to promise me that if you want me to let you leave. Then, when school ends in two months I'll come back home too so we can be together again," I said. I stuck my pinkie out waiting for her to promise. Instead she put her arms around me and gave me a hug.

     "I'm going to miss you too," she whispered. The fact that she was crying made me afraid of the real reason she was leaving, but instead of pressing her for details, I hugged her back. Unlike when Yoona had hugged me, I really meant this. After a few seconds, Sica moved away.

     "Take care of Yoona, okay," she said. I nodded, and before she left, I bent down and kissed her cheek. Jessica was hiding something more from me, and I wasn't going to let her leave with her thinking that she wasn't as important to me as Yoona was. 

Yoona's POV

     I watched Donghae kiss Jessica's cheek. It was probably meant to look harmless, but I knew the true meaning that it carried. Anyone would be an idiot to think that Sica was ever going to come back, and I had a feeling that the reason was because of me.

    Jessica got into her car, with the tears still falling down her face. Donghae stood where he was as he watched the car roll away. Slowly, I walked up to him with the braclet still in my hand. I'd been shocked when Sica threw it to me, knowing how much it meant to her. When I got close to Hae, I heard him whisper something that I think I had always known.

     "I love you Jessica," he whispered.  

No POV

      This is the story of Donghae, Yoona, and Jessica. The day that Jessica left, I realized that I had come between two people who were madly in love with each other, but too afraid to admit it. More importantly, I had come between two best friends. Jessica loved your father very much, more than I probably ever could. But, once she left, we never heard from her again. Donghae and I tried to find out more about her, and that was when we learned that her whole family had moved to America without leaving any other information behind. We were both devastated, but Donghae took it hardest. He didn't let me see, but I knew he cried a lot. He wasn't the same afterwards, but I tried my hardest to try to make him feel better. I think that was when he started to love me as something more than just a friend. When I took care of him, he opened up to me.   

     As you can see you were named after someone very special. Your father once said that friendhsip is love. I was able to become his friend, just not his best friend. I know Donghae very well. He will never admit his lonliness, but he is in need of a friend. He needs someone to love, and that person will always be Jung Jessica.

     As your mother, I am asking you to bring this person back into your father's life. Bring Jessica and Donghae together again. They were made for each other, and I trust that you can do this.

     With this letter I have placed Jessica's picture. Also, I have given you the bracelet that Jessica gave me. This way you could have a piece of both of us with you.

     To start you with your journey, I suggest that you go to your grandmother. I'm sure she will support you as it has always hurt her to see Donghae in pain. Also, go find Boa. She's the only one who Jessica might have continued to speak to.

     I know you can do this love. You can fulfill this last wish for me, and always remember that I love you.   

Jessie's POV

      After reading the letter, my own tears wouldn't stop flowing. The story was both beautiful and heartbreaking. Although I couldn't understand the love that had happened between my parents and Jessica, I knew I had to do what my mom had asked. I needed to bring Jessica back to my father, and nothing could stop me.

     I took out the bracelet and quickly put it on. The fact that both my mom and Jessica had worn it, gave me more strength and confidence. Then, I looked down and stared at the picture of Jessica. She really was a tomboy, but she was beautiful too. I was happy and honored to know that I was named after someone like her.

 PRQY.jpg

 snsd-jessica.jpg

     I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. This was going to be difficult, but if it was for my dad's happiness I could do it. Plus, I couldn't wait until I finally met Jessica Jung.

***Hey everyone! I'm so sorry it has been so long :( School got really hard the last few months and I really needed to focus on that- forgive me >.< Now that I am on a three monthe break, I will be writing much more. I plan to end this story by the end of summern, but don't worry...there are a lot of chapters left lol.

The rest of the stroy will center around haesica :) Enjoy!