Chapter 2

Friendship is Love

772565YA251.jpg      images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSafEmJoP-gzDsBojk-Pkx

No POV    

     Donghae stopped in front of the hospital room door. It was a large wooden rectangle with a small silver doorknob. A bunch of papers were hanging on the door for the nurses and doctors. Finally Donghae took a deep breath to calm himself down, but it didn't really help. His emotions were still in turmoil. Slowly he turned the knob.

Donghae's POV

     Even before I stepped into the room, I could hear voices inside. As I opened the door I saw my mother sitting next to Yoona. Mom was crying while Yoona was sitting up on the bed and had on a sad smile. I realized that I was extremely angry, so I looked down and waited for mom to leave the room before I started anything with Yoona. As she left, she patted my shoulder while covering her face and wiping her tears. Mom and Yoona had created a special bond over the past few years. Since Yoona didn't have a mother of her own, she had really looked up to my mom.

     Fianlly, when I heard the door close I looked up. I could feel the anger in my eyes which were probably red and swollen now from the tears I was trying to hold back. However, when I saw Yoona, all that anger vanished. She looked so vulnerable. She was pale and almost blended in with the hospital sheets she was laying in. The bright light streaming in from outside and the whiteness of everything in the room somehow made the sickly Yoona glow, and I wondered if she were not already an angel.

     "How could you?" I managed to choke out. My voice cracked and finally my tears began pouring out. I covered my face and crouched down on the hospital floor. How could Yoona make a decision that would force her to leave me forever. I need her. She can't go.

     After a while of crying by myself I realized that Yoona hadn't said anything. I lifted my head and saw the silent tears rolling down her cheeks. Once again she seemed so fragile, and my heart sank. She clearly didn't have any energy and her dark circles had become more noticeable when she had started to cry. I quickly made my way to her bedside and began wiping her tears.

     "No, no. Don't you cry. You're leaving me remember. I'm the one who's going to be left behind," I realized how bitter I sounded despite my trying to comfort her. I guess I felt betrayed. Enough people had left me in the past.

     "I'm sorry. I know how much you wanted this child. I just couldn't hurt our baby." Yoona was now sobbing in my arms and I was left feeling guilt. Of course she was thinking of me when she decided this. Silly girl.

     "You're terrible." Yoona quickly looked up at me through her tears. She began to apologize again, but I stopped her.

     "You're terrible, but I love you." After hearing that she smiled softly although the tears were still silently running down her face. Slowly she began to bring her hand to my cheek. I could tell it took a lot of energy, so I grabbed it and brought it to my cheek for her. We stared at each other like that for a long while. Suddenly she broke the silence and surprised me.

     "Will you promise to name our daughter Jessica?" I continued to stare at her before I finally nodded. I hadn't heard that name for such a long time, although I certainly thought about it enough. Yoona sighed and started to wipe her tears. She had stopped crying while I still continued. How was she not afraid? Could she truely be that brave? Then she looked at me with a true and genuine smile.

Yoona's POV 

     I smile at Donghae when I hear him agree to the name of our child. He has no idea how much that means to me. He was clearly surprised when I told him, but I could also tell that he was happy with the name. Neither of us have mentioned her since she disappeared from our lives. Yet, I know that we both thought of her even after all this time.

     Suddenly someone knocks on the door and a nurse walks in with a baby. Our baby. Donghae turns his face to the floor, but I quickly bring out my arms to hold Jessica. My smile turns wider as a realize how well the name fits her. Somewhere in the background I hear the nurse leave the room as the door clicks shut, but I am more focused on the little person in my arms. My decision doesn't scare me anymore. It is worth it. My only regret will be that I won't be able to spend more than a few days with my baby.

     "Promise me you won't let her live without memories of her mother. Promise me that you will tell her about me. Everything. I want her to be tired of hearing about her mother all the time." I giggle as little Jessie yawns in my arms. Then I feel something grab my chin. It is Donghae's hand, and he forces me to look at him.

     "Don't leave," he whimpers. I sigh and adjust the child in my arms. I hug Donghae with my free arm and hold him to me. Slowly he falls asleep, and eventually so do I.

 

*****Hey sorry Yoonhae fans. I know you must not be happy with Yoona dying, but don't worry there will be more Yoonhae and Yoona in this fanfic.Although Yoona isn't my bias, I don't hate her, and I do think she is very pretty. Also, Haesica fans don't worry! This is a Haesica fanfic and there will be more Haesica to come- a lot more.