Chapter 14

Friendship is Love

  594042.jpg

(FLASHBACK cont.-still part of the letter)

Yoona's POV

     Donghae and I stared at each other for a moment longer until the music finally . It was Kara's 'Mister'. My heart was thundering inside my chest and it was getting harder for me to breathe. i had performed in front of many people before, but there were probably hundreds of people in the auditorium in front of us. Shakingly, I started to follow along to the music with the steps that I knew. Donghae on the other hand, stood there frozen. His hands were limp at his sides and his face was twisted in a grimace by the song that Boa unnie chosen. If I felt out of place dancing like this, I could only imagine what was going through his mind. I almost laughed at how embarassed he looked, but I myself was freaking out. About ten seconds into the song the cheering from the crowd almost completely died down. I started freaking out and my face was burning from humiliation. I tried making my dance moves stronger and more fierce, but my nervousness didn't let me move the way I wanted. Hae just stood there looking out at the crowd. Something seemed to have caught his eye, and he looked like he was mouthing something.  

     "Hey this isn't Kara!" someone from the audience shouted out. Other students also began hollering and complaining. i stopped dancing for a moment and nudged Donghae. He looked at me like he was coming out of a trance. I pointed to the audience and started to dance again. He seemed to understand what I was saying and started dancing as well. I was shocked to see him dancing to the girly moves, but I could tell he didn't want to be doing them. He looked like he wanted to kill himself.

     "What the hell is this!" another voice from the audience cried out. Well, I guess this was the end of both our reputations.

Donghae's POV

     I couldn't believe I was doing this. Someone shoot me. Shoot me right now.

     However, there was one good thing that came out of this. As my eyes had roamed aroud the audience, I found Sica sitting near the front. This alone made me feel a little bit better. She had actually decided to turn up. I tried mouthing my apology to her, and she playfully stuck her tounge out at me. The adorable little act told me were back to being friends again. I kept looking at her and a part of me wanted to believe that there was something in her eyes that said she had been as miserable without me as I had been without her. Then, Yoona nudged me, and made me break my eye contact with Sica. I turned to Yoona and saw that she was dancing to the song by herself. I felt terrible when I saw the scared look on her face. She was as red as a tomato. I sighed and unlocked my muscles to start following along with mortifying dance moves. 

     Now, I was dancing with the girliest moves known to man in front of more than half the college- including Sica. Yet, I didn't have to continue long. After a few minutes, I saw a bright pink light turn on from the corner of my eye. When I twisted around to look at what was happening I immediately stopped dancing. Once again I was frozen in place. This time I couldn't move because I was looking at one of the most gorgeous sights of my life. Cheers from the crowd started up again, and I felt Yoona start pulling me away to backstage. 

Jessica's POV

     I stared at the stage as the curtains opened up. Yoona and Donghae stood staring at each other. For a second I thought they had something they had prepared, but when the music started they both seemed out of place. Yoona thought quickly and started dancing and improvised the dance moves she didn't know. Donghae just stood there staring out to the audience. His eyes seemed to be looking for something. I just watched him to see what he was going to do. He seemed to have dressed up, and his fringe was neatly combed into place. I admired how his  eyes made him look so sweet even when he was obviously freaking out. When I realized that I was technically checking him out I shook my head and started to turn my eyes to Yoona. Yet, before I could look away from him, his eyes locked with mine. I stared back at him with an emotionless face. His already gorgeous eyes softened even more when they met with mine. He started to mouth something that I couldn't understand. My eyebrows furrowed and I put my hand on my ear signaling to him that I didn't get what he was trying to tel me. Donghae started mouthing his words more slowly and I picked up what he was trying to say.

     "I'm sorry." He was apologizing to me. I grinned happily and stuck my toungue out at him like a little child. Something in his eyes cleared up after my silly action. He was still staring at me, and I was getting a little self-concious. Then, Yoona's hand pushed Donghae's shoulder slightly. i had almost forgot she was still there. She motioned to the audience, and reluctantly, Donghae started following the moves to the song with her. Now, his eyes avoided me completely. My mouth dropped open and I laughed out loud. I couldn't believe Hae was actually doing this!

      "What the hell is this!" When I heard this from the audience my smile was immediately wiped off my face. I ran as quickly as I could to backstage. Surprisingly nobody stopped me from entering. In fact, when Boa unnie saw me she ran over to me right away. Without even saying anything, she dragged me to the stage outfits. Her hands grabbed a long, sleeveless, and feathery dress. She also reached behind and took a long brown wig from a mannequin.

     "Here, wear this." she commanded as she handed everything to me. I started changing right there since we were alone in the room, and I knew there wasn't much time left for me to save my best friends.

     "There's a piano on stage with a mic attached to it. When I stop Kara's music, I need you to sing. You got it?" Boa unnie continued. I nodded as I slipped on a pair of heels she had found as I had been pulling on the dress. Normally I would of never agreed to wear any of the things she was handing me (especially the dress), but I wasn't focused on that right now.

     "What song should I sing?" I asked her. My hands fumbled with putting the wig on as we both half ran to the stage.

     "Almost." she told me before pushing me out. I walked over to the hidden white piano and sat down. Yoona and Donghae were still dancing and the people watching were all still booing. Suddenly, a bright light lit up the area where I was sitting and I felt hundreds of eyes turn to me. Kara's music turned off and I took a deep breath.

No POV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6-XI8JWlEo   

(Jessica's performance)

     When Sica began singing there was once again silence in the room. Her sweet voice floated out from the microphone as Donghae and Yoona shuffeled off the stage. Everyone was surprised by the amazing voice, and they wondered who this strange girl could be. Nobody could recognize her with her wig on. 

     "Who is that?" Yoona asked Hae. He was smiling proudly as he watched his best friend.

     "It's Sica," he replied. Yoona's looked surprised and tried to get a closer look. Donghae moved a bit closer to the stage with her and watched Sica with a smug and somewhat dreamlike expression. He unabashedly admired her dress and the way it brought her figure out. As he watched her, he remembered the carnation he had brought with him. He turned around and looked for the flower with his eyes. Fianlly, he found it laying on a small table a few feet away and started walking over to retrieve it.

     "Where are you going" Yoona looked at Hae with an expression that showed how shaken she still was from their little dance. Although she had been able to think quickly on her feet while they were on stage, she had still been terrified of having to perform in front of so many people. Hae noticed this and moved to her. He gave her a reassuring smile.

     "Nowhere. You look a bit freaked out. You okay?" Hae looked at her in the eyes, and Yoona blushed. Normally, this reaction from Yoona would have made Donghae happy, but since he realized his feeling for Jessica, he didn't want to lead Yoona on. He took a step away from her, hoping she would get the clue, but she didn't even notice.

     "I'm just trying to calm down and forget how humiliating that just was." Yoona explained. Donghae smiled in understanding. Once again he turned to watch Jessica.

     "She's amazing." Hae mumbled. When he said this Jessica looked over to where he was standing backstage. There was no way she could have heard him, so it must have been a coincidence. They smiled at each other before she turned to the now cheering crowd in front of her. Yoona, however had heard what he said and was pouting. Swiftly, an idea popped into her head, and she grabbed Donghae's hand.

     "Let's dance." Yoona pulled Donghae to her and placed her hands on his chest. Although Donghae wanted to pull away, he didn't want to hurt her feelings. Besides, when he confessed to Sica, Yoona would understand that he didn't like her that way anymore. So, he placed his hands on her tiny waist and danced with her to the sweet song Jessica was singing on stage. With a loving smile, Yoona closed her eyes and placed her head on Hae's chest. They looked like a real couple to the people around them. This included Jessica.

     While on stage she glanced over to Donghae again to see if he was still watching. What she saw instead was him slow dancing with Yoona. Yoona looked like she was in heaven as she leaned against Hae. Sica couldn't see Donghae's face, but the way he held Yoona was enough for her to misunderstand the situation. Jessica's singng faultered for a second, but she picked it back up and turned her head away from her two friends. For some reason she felt a little betrayed by both of them. She put all her energy and focus into finishing the song. When she was done, she bowed and smiled at the cheering audience before running off stage.

 

****Another update! You guys like? Lol I was listening to Kara while writing this chapter too:)  Don't forget to comment!!!!