A little bundle of joy - Amber

A collection of my old stuff

You opened your eyes still tired, you were greeted by the pastel walls of the hospital room, and the sight of blue balloons and flowers all over the room.

“Hey!” Amber greeted in a hushed voice, taking your hand in hers, and kissing your forehead.

“You were amazing!! How are you feeling?!” She asked quietly.

“Tired, empty, but relieved and over the clouds all the same!” You closed your eyes.

“I can only imagine! I’m so proud of you!” She kissed your forehead again, putting all her love and affection into that simple act of love.

“Does the baby look like you?!” You asked.

“No, he looks like you! He’s gonna be a heartthrob!!” Amber laughed mischievously.

“If he learns anything from you!”

“You flatter me!” She flashed a boyish grin.

☆2 weeks later☆

The baby moniter roared loudly with crying, you groaned and looked at the flashing red numbers on the alarm clock, 2:55 am.

“It’s okay, I got this!” Amber said groggily.

You were grateful and fell back into dream land.

Amber approached the baby crib, and lifted the baby to her, cooing at him.

She rocked him back and forth, humming a quiet song. The baby quieted down and started falling back asleep.

2 hours later ***

The baby moniter went off again, signaling the baby was throwing another crying fit.

You got up this time, wobbling to the baby’s crib.

“Hey, little guy, what’s wrong?!” You tried to soothe him with your voice.

You grabbed the baby bottle and sat on the rocking chair, rocking him while he diligently on his bottle.

☆A week later ☆

“Good morning!” You said sleepily, as you slumped on the stool next to the breakfast bar.

“Good morning, sunshine!” Amber greeted back, making a second cup of coffee.

“I feel like a zombie!!” You sighed.

“You look amazing though!” Amber gave you a lovely smile, and slid a cup of coffee your way.

“You’re just saying that!” You pouted, sipping your coffee.

“Of course I’m not!!” She leaned in and printed a long lingering kiss on your lips, and in your mind.

So deeply lost in the kiss, you almost don’t notice the baby monitor declaring your baby is awake and crying.

Much to your dismay, you both pull away.

You go to the baby’s room and bring him out while Amber gets the bottle ready.

“Here’s my little er!” Amber cooes.

“Amber, watch your language!” You scolded, unable to hide your amusement at the comment though.

“He doesn’t understand yet!” She reasons, and you just shake your head disapprovingly.

 That night***

You opened your eyes to Amber propped on her elbow, staring at you and the baby lovingly.

“What happened?!” You asked, realizing you slept on a blanket on the floor with the baby, while Amber was running errands.

“You fell asleep!” She simply said.

“Who’s evil idea was it to create babies?!” You groaned jokingly, kind of.

“That was my idea, sorry!” She smiled at the baby.

“He’s really adorable, isn’t he?!” You asked, looking at the baby in awe, it was surreal that you actually made a tiny human.

“He is! Because he looks like you!” She grinned at you.

“Ah, stop it!” You blushed a bit, it’s beyond you how she can still make you blush even after being married for 3 years.

She leaned in to give you one of her mind-blowing kisses. Just as you were getting into it, the baby started crying.

“Does he do that on purpose?!” Amber asked in disbelief.

You laughed at the ridiculousness of that theory.

You and Amber took the baby to his room, tucking him in and reading him a story, because Amber read somewhere that that’s good for child development.

“Our little bundle of joy is finally sleeping!” She looked at him with such awe and love.

“But now I want you all to myself, up for a little fun?!” She winked at you.

“Always!” You tingled with anticipation.

You both walked out and closed the door as quietly as possible.