Xiumin - Fate’s little helpers

A collection of my old stuff

You were in the kitchen wiping the newly cleaned glasses and cups dry, while you waited for the cakes to be done, today you had the last shift and were in charge of closing up. You worked in a quiet little café called ‘Marmalade’ in Osaka, Japan.

While you were busy in the kitchen you heard the bell on the door chime, the kitchen window was locked already so you made your way out to see who it is that wanted coffee at 08:45 p.m.
“I’m sorry dear customer but we’re closing in fifteen..” your voice faded and you froze as you walked out of the kitchen and saw who it was
“Oh my god you’re EXO” you said in English with wide eyes, and they smiled politely but it was obvious they were worried
“Oh! Don’t worry I’m not a crazy fan” you said returning to Japanese chuckling and they relaxed a bit
“I mean I am crazy and I am a fan obviously but I’m not a crazy fan, does that make sense ?! Wow you guys are so good looking” you rambled “I’m sorry I tend to ramble when I get nervous” you offered an apologetic smile “anyways, please go ahead and make yourselves comfortable I will bring you our menu” you smiled brightly.
“Are you sure it’s okay? If you are closing, we don’t want to be a bother” Luhan said in fluent Japanese which impressed you. 
“Sure it is, I still have somethings to do here, you guys could use a quite place and I could use some company” you assured them with a smile.
They settled on the biggest table in the shop and you went to get the menu, when you were out of sight in the kitchen you had a little mental breakdown because you just couldn’t believe it, they were EXO and they were here, you breathed and composed yourself, the last thing you wanted was to scare them.
You returned with the menu and your little notebook
“Welcome to marmalade café, what can I get you gentlemen ?” You smiled brightly.
“Isn’t dangerous for a pretty girl like you to be here all by yourself ?” Suho asked sending you a dazzling smile.
“Don’t worry about me, I can manage on my own” you smiled scrunching your nose a slight bit.
You wrote each of their coffee orders in your little notebook “anything to go with that ?” You asked.
“What is your café’s special ?” Luhan asked.
“Well, our special is my bruce bogtrotter’s punishment chocolate cake” you say with pride “it’s delicious, if I say so myself” you smiled shrugging your shoulders.
“We’ll have that then” Luhan smiled charmingly.
You noticed though that only Luhan and Suho were doing the talking 'maybe their Japanese is the best’ you thought, you also noticed Xiumin being kind of quite compared to the rowdy bunch of boys, also he kept staring at you since you got to their table, but you dismissed it, he was Xiumin of EXO after all. 'No way he would notice a girl like me’ you thought.
You went to the kitchen to prepare their orders, you were cutting the cake and preparing their coffee.
While doing so, you overheard the boys talking amongst themselves, between the 'I’m hungry’s and 'I’m tired’s and 'Japan is cool’ something caught your attention 
“She’s cute” said Luhan

“Oh come on, I noticed the way you stared at her” and you can basically hear the mischevious grin on his face.

“She’s beautiful! But I don’t know anything about her!! Not even her name!” Said Xiumin sighing.
“Aw, our Minseokie has a crush” Luhan said in a  sing-a-song voice. And you can recognize Chen’s laughter.
“Excuse me?” He said loudly in apanese and you knew he probably meant you.
“Yes ?” You poked your head out of the kitchen window.
“I don’t think I caught your name ?!” He exclaimed.
“It’s Peyar” you said and returned to the kitchen.
“There, now you know her name” Luhan said.
“Peyar ! Even her name is pretty” the boy was smitten and you couldn’t believe it. Your heart skipped a few beats, the way he said your name was perfect. This felt like a dream.
You returned with their orders.. well some of them since they were so many, you served the coffee first, while you were serving each member
“Come on, just give it a shot” Luhan said in Korean.
“What if she rejects me? She’s cute and nice, I bet she already has a boyfriend” said Xiumin and you wanted to scream that you don’t.
“By the way what is it that you do beside this?” Luhan asked you in Japanese.
“Oh, I study Asian litrature and culture, I’m also involved in some M.E.N.S.A activities” you bragged a bit with a cute smile as you went back to the kitchen to bring the cake.
“Smart too” you heard Luhan say, quite impressed.
You came back with the cake and the members started digging in imediately, devouring the sweet desert and they were very satisfied with it, 'yay’ you cheered mentally. Random 'delicious’s flew around the room, and you smiled widely.

“Hmmm, this cake is heaven, can I have more, please?” Said Chanyeol in korean, you smiled brightly.
“Aw thank you so much, I’m so glad you like it ! Of course you can” you said in Japanese smiling.
That’s when they all widened their eyes and stared at you.
“What ?” You blinked innocently.
“How did you understand what he said?” Suho asked in Korean.
“Oops, didn’t I tell you guys I can speak Korean?!” You offered an awkward smile.
“Daebak!” Chen said as he burst out laughing, while Xiumin turned fifty shades of pink.
“Sorry! Please don’t hate me” you brought your hands together and bowed, then scurried to the kitchen to finish your shores (more like to freak out).
Luhan and Xiumin exchanged glances before Luhan burst out laughing and Xiumin gave him a 'you’re so dead’ look, “I’m sorry, but this is just too good, it could be a manga scene” he clenched his stomach laughing.
You on the other were freaking out in the kitchen, you were so nervous you almost sliced your hand as you cut a slice of the cake for Chanyeol.
You hesitantly walked over and served Chanyeol his cake “bon appetit” you said. 
“Thanks” he smiled his signature blinding smile, which made you happy, his energy was so contagious.
“So what now?” Luhan said in mandarin talking to Xiumin.
“I-I… can also speak Mandarin” you scrunched your face “but, I’m just gonna…leave.bye” you said and dashed to the kitchen as Luhan and Chen started laughing uncontrolably, this is was just too funny to them, for Xuimin.. not so much.

Sehun then called you over and both he and Tao asked for more cake, which you happily brought for them “anything else ?” You asked.

“Why do they call it punishment?!” Sehun asked quite interested.

“Well, it’s a story from a children’s book about a boy named bruce bogtrotter” you smiled.

“And?” He further questioned.

“Sit and tell us!!” Tao cutely said.

You grabbed a chair and turned it backward and rested your hands on the back of the chair

“The story goes like this : there was a kid bruce who committed a sin…” You were interrupted by Chen “ooh a sin!!” He grinned cheekily, you just gave him a look, “sorry, go on” he said.

“He stole a puppy and a really strict teacher decided to punish him so she gave him a similiar chocolate cake to this and made him eat it in front of his classmates..” You were interrupted again, this time by Sehun “that’s a punishment?!” He scoffed, you just shrugged 

“Of course bruce enjoyed it and ate every last crumb of it and his classmates cheered him on, but ..” You paused for suspense, and they all looked so interigued “the poor boy could never eat a piece of chocolate anymore!! Forever” you said and Sehun and Tao gasped “never?” They asked shocked

“Never” you said with an evil smile before chuckling at their expression. You noticed how Xiumin didn’t take his eyes off of you ever you started cutely telling the story, which made you blush a tiny bit.

After that they kept asking about cool places to visit in Osaka and all sorts if random coversations, they were such fun boys. After a while though it was time for them to leave, you cleared the table while they put on their coats since it snowed earlier and it was super chilly.
“How come you didn’t ask for an autograph or a picture ?” Suho asked puzzled, as you were behind the cash register and they were getting ready to leave.
“Well, I didn’t want to bother you on your off time, and I have tickets for the concert tomorrow and the fansign the day after” you smiled brightly.
“You have a pretty smile” Tao said sending you a wink.
“Thanks” you blushed a little, lady luck was definitely on your side today.
“Here you go your change” you smiled “welcome to marmalade café, please comeback again” you bowed.
The boys waved and said they’ll see you tomorrow, as they left you were kind of disappointed that Xiumin didn’t even talk to you although you expected it but it still made you a little sad.
You finished up and closed the shop, the cold air hit you as you walked away from the café, as you turned the corner you were suprised by a familiar figure that stood right infront of you, you yelped and jumped back in surprise as you clutched your heart.
“I’m so sorry, it wasn’t my intention to scare you..” Xiumin trailed off “hi, I’m Minseok” he offered his hand.
You shook it “I’m Peyar” you smiled.
“You have a pretty smile” he shyly complemented.
“Thank you” you looked down blushing.
“Can I walk with you?” He asked cautiously.
“Sure.” You nodded. And you both started walking.
“So about earlier ..I don’t know how much you heard but… I think you’re really something, I was smitten by you” he said smiling but not looking at you, his cheeks were tinted with a little blush.

“Thank you, really! You’re so sweet! I think you’re quite amzing to be honest” you looked down at your feet, blushing.

“So am I your favorite member?” He asked with a mischevious grin, which you loved so much.
“Well..” you teased.
He stopped and so did you, he pouted like a child and you couldn’t help but laugh at his siliness.
“I think you are” you said between laughs.
“You think ?” He raised his eyebrows cutely.
“Okay, you are my favorite idol ever, happy?” You titled your head and grinned at him widely.
He thought you were too cute, so he just stared at you and nodded slowly.

You continued walking as you talked about random things, he told you about funny things that happened on tour and his favorite stops and moments, you told him about Osaka and how much you loved it as well as how cool you think asian cultures are and he gave a few pointers and tips.
“I think my members like you, what if they try to steal you away?” He joked about the second part, the first was true.
You laughed “I like them too, but I think they just like to tease their hyung” you smiled.

As you neared your building you felt a ting of disappointement, Xiumin was an idol who lived in Korea and you were just a girl who lived in Japan.

You shook the thoughts off and continued talking to Xiumin this time about coffee, and how you both loved it.
He noticed that you were back at the café, you stopped infront of the door right next to the café
“So this is my stop” you grinned.
“Then why didn’t you tell me?” He asked, surprised.
“Well, you asked if you could walk with me and I said yes, plus I really wanted to walk with you” you smiled sheepishly, hoping he wasn’t mad.
He laughed out loud “you are really something, aren’t you?” He said with a cute grin, you just shrugged your shoulders cutely.
“Thank you for the walk, I had a great time” you smiled shyly.

“Tell me how I can meet you again?” He said.“You’ll see me at the fansign” you smiled with a hint of sadness, which he reflected.
Suddenly your eyes twinkled “Minseok ?” You called, and he looked up meeting your twinkly eyes.
“Do you believe in fate?” You asked.
“I’m not sure, kind of, why ?” He asked, intrigued.
“If we meet again before this time next year, then we’re meant to be and I will give you my contact info, if we don’t then we had a great time that we’ll never forget” you smiled.
“Okay, sounds good to me” he smiled and your heart just melted, it was so sweet and lovely.
“So..I’ll see you soon” he said as he leaned in and kisseed so sweetly and so lovingly, it was a longing lingering kiss, you felt the time stop and the world became silent, all that existed is you and him and this beautiful kiss, and the beautiful white snow that started falling from the sky.
You pulled apart and shared a bashful smile. And with that you went inside and Xiumin left, both your hearts were conquered and detained by the other and neither of you could stop thinking about that kiss under the snow. 
You went to the concert the next day, it was absolutely amazing, you had a blast watching the boys do what they do, they were so talented and fun.
On the following day, you were standing in line with your CD as you patiently awaited your turn, when there were only three or four in front of you the boys noticed you and you sneaked a small wave to them and they acknowleged it by smiles and winks here and there.

It was finally your turn and you went up on the platform and greeted each member as they signed your CD, when you got to Xiumin your heart thumped crazily inside your chest, you could’ve sworn he could hear it.
“Hi! What’s your name?” He greeted, cutely smiling, you were a 'fan’ after all.
“I’m Peyar” and you spelled it for him “you’re my favorite idol ever” you smiled widely, and he grinned from ear to ear. 
You got your CD signed by all of them and you skipped down the platform humming to yourself, you basically skipped your way out of the venue. Once outside you opened the photobook to see what each member wrote.
'It was nice seeing you again Peyar ! Save me a slice of that cake, I’ll stop by to eat it ! Thank you for being our fan and I hope you enjoyed the concert. Chanyeol ♡’ you smiled at the sweet message.
'Hi Peyar! Nice to see you again! Minseok won’t shut up about you -.- do something before I lose my mind! Oh and thank you for the love and support. Luhan ♡♡’ you laughed at Luhan’s message.
You flipped through the pages and laughed at some messages that were really funny, and smiled at the ones that were so sweet, you finally got to Xiumin’s page

'Hi Peyar! Thank you for being a good fan, it was nice seeing you again, please keep supporting EXO! You looked really beautiful today ^^ Minseok♡♡’ you blushed at the compliment and smiled to see he signed Minseok instead of Xiumin. You returned to the café and continued with your work, keeping yourself busy. When evening came and you were finishing up, you heard the bell chime and you walked out of the kitchen

“Sorry dear customer, but we are closing in fifteen…you again” you smiled brightly.
“Sorry, we keep crashing in like this” Baekhyun smiled apologetically.
“Where’s my cake?” Chanyeol asked like an excited little puppy.
“Coming right up, please make yourselves comfortable” you chuckled at his excitement.
You brought them the cake and some coffee as well.
“You can sit with us, if you’d like” Baekhyun offered with a smile, since you were done with everything you took their offer.
“So fate huh?!” Chanyeol said with a mouthful, earning a slap on the head from Baekyun scolding him for talking with a mouthful.
“Yeah, fate! I have a feeling we’ll meet again” you smiled “he told you ?” You asked.
“Of course he did, we’re like brothers” Chanyeol defended.
“Must be nice!” You commented clearly envious.
“It is! He really likes you” Baekhyun said, sipping on his coffee.
“He told you that?” You asked curious.
“No, but it’s obvious” he smiled assuringly.
“He told me” said Chanyeol, and you both gave him a sceptical look, questioning him.
“He didn’t exactly tell me, but I 'overheard’ him"  he smiled sheepishly.
”'Overheard’?“ You raised an eyebrow at him.
"I swear I wasn’t spying” he defended, and you and Baekhyun just laughed at him.
You conversed for a while talking about dance, music and fashion, etc. They were so much fun to talk to, soon enough though they had to leave. After they left you closed the shop and went home.

The day after the boys left for the next stop on their tour and you returned to school and working at the café, you were busy as well.


:: six months later ::

“Are you still thinking about him?” Your friend asked.
“I can’t help it, he sat right there, and we kissed right there in front of the door” you sighed, and she rolled her eyes.
“Girl, you’re crazy” she said “you know what’ll get out of this crazy condition you’re in?” She asked excited with a big smile.
“Seeing him again” you sighed dreamily.
Her face fell but she recovered quickly “noo” she said “what will help is going with me to Italy” she grinned widely.
“Really ? Italy, that sounds awesome, but Italy is so romantic just like him” you let your head fall on the counter.
“Seriously ?! If you mention him one more time, I will slap you” she glared at you.


You and your friend went to Italy for summer vacation, the first stop was the ancient gorgeous Rome, then the sunny Tuscany, you had a blast with your friend, you enjoyed sight-seeing and good food. Up next was the city of romance Venice, it was breath-taking, absolutely beautiful, you went to a hotel, checked in and took a little rest, your friend took a bath while you took a nap.
You woke up a few hours later to find your friend fast asleep, you decided to take a look around the pretty hotel, you walked down the hall as you turned the corner you pumped into someone, and they dropped their belongings and you tried to help them while apologizing, your voice was familiar, he looked up and your eyes met, time froze.
“Peyar” he breathed, he couldn’t believe his eyes.

“Minseok” you whispered.You both stood up and you jumped into his arms wrapping your legs around his waist, he hugged you so tightly like he was afraid you’d disappear if he let go. He put you down and put his hands on your face and kissed you with so much longing and so much passion, the kiss seemed to go on forever and it left you light headed. You pulled away, both gasping for air.

“I knew we’ll meet again” you said quietly thankful.

“What are you doing here?” You asked.
“I’m doing a photoshoot here” he smiled “what about you?” He asked.
“My friend dragged me along on 'her summer adventures in Italia’” you immitated her, earning a few chuckles from Xiumin.
“You look great, prettier than I remember” he grinned, you blushed and looked down at your feet.
“You look good too, older than I remember though” you joked giving him a cute grin.
“You’re mean” he pouted like a child and you kissed his pouty lips.
“How about we take a walk?” He offered.
“I would love to” you smiled “but wait.. I have to tell my friend” you said “I will be right back" 
"Okay, I’ll go tell Chanyeol as well” .
After that you and Xiumin took a walk around Venice, enjoying the beautiful surroundings and the romantic atmosphere. You and Minseok talked about a lot of things, you talked for hours and hours, before settling on having dinner in the cute outdoor restaurant you stumbled upon. You were reunited and this time neither one of you was going to let go.

~Meanwhile at the hotel~

Chanyeol and your friend were sitting by the swimming pool, with their drinks in hand.

“Finally, they met again” Chanyeol said with a large grin.
“I know, at long last” your friend smiled.
“Sometimes fate just needs a little push” Chanyeol raised his drink as he smiled victoriously, your friend and Chanyeol clunked their drinks together “to fate” he said

“I’ll drink to that! To fate” she said and they drank away to fate.