PROM - Baekhyun

A collection of my old stuff

Two weeks before prom:

-“so have you decided which theme you’ll go with??” your friend asks excitement evident in her voice as her eyes twinkled.

-“I don’t know and I don’t care” you said flatly causing her to frown,  honestly prom was not your thing, and being in the committee was definitely not your forte let alone being head of it but you were doing it anyways because you have to, and your friend was definitely more excited about this then you. You closed your locker as she did and you made your way to class walking side by side in the long hallway, she kept going on and on about prom related things that you just couldn’t be bothered with right now. You took your seat and your eyes immediately wondered to him, it became second-nature for you to look for him the moment you take your seat, he was with his usual circle of friends, he was smiling that absolutely breath-taking smile that made you like him in the first place, he is byun baekhyun the class clown and the social talkative sweet boy that you went to school with since middle school, he was a social butterfly but with you he would suddenly go silent and quiet, maybe he just dislikes you, you thought but that didn’t stop you from liking him. You kept looking at him until your eyes met and he froze and looked down immediately, you pouted and huffed and focused your attention to the board.

During gym class you went to your usual spot under the indoors bleachers while everyone was attending class outside gym wasn’t really your favorite thing in the world, you sat there thinking about your prom responsibilities, after a few minutes just as usual baekhyun sat on the second row of the bleachers, he must have gave the teacher his usual excuse and pretended he is sick, he sat on the bleachers and started singing, intentionally this became a daily thing, although it happened by chance and pure coincidence that you were sitting under the bleachers and he came there to sing but you couldn’t help but comeback to hear his sweet melodious honey voice.

yeppeugo joeun geotdeul jaemitgo meotjin ildeul
neodo bunmyeonghi hago sipjana Baby
nae gyeote isseojumyeon motaneun geol aljana
geuraedo nae gyeote isseojugenni

i noraebakke eopda
jeongmal gajinge i moksoribakke eopda
ige neol utge mandeul su isseuljin moreujiman
geuraedo bulleobonda niga badajugil baraebonda

he continued to unknowingly sing one of your favorite songs, as you sat there completely lost in his beautiful voice.

After school :

You were at your part-time job in a small bookstore, you quite liked it because you got to catch up on some reading while working, today was a slow business day so you enjoyed the quiet atmosphere. Before you know it, it was closing time already and you turned off the lights and stepped outside and as you were closing up, you turned to the right and froze, your eyes were fooling you, you thought but he was there, baekhyun was closing up the store right next to the bookstore, you couldn’t believe your eyes, he turned to his left and he saw you he too froze and his eyes widened, you waved at him with a small smile on your face, he blinked and ran in the opposite direction causing to once again pout, it kind of hurts because every attempt at communication since the beginning of this year has turned out like this.

One week before prom:

You busied yourself with prom preparations since you have finally decided on a theme, you saw baekhyun in class but you tried to ignore him for now, but prom was coming up soon and you hoped you would tell him how you feel since it’s your senior year.

You decided the theme was going to be Mardi Gras, you were quite excited about it, you were sitting on the bleachers checking things off your clipboard until your friend burst through the door, she looked incredibly excited and you smiled at her, “guess who asked me to prom ??” she beamed, you chuckled “let me guess …myungsoo?!” you asked with fake surprise, “yesssss” she grinned, “good for you” you tried to look as cheerful as possible but she saw right through you, “aw you poor thing, baekhyun still runs away from you, that idiot” she said sympathetically, you stayed quiet. She pulled you up and you both headed to your lockers as you opened yours a paper fell out, you picked it up and stared at it with a puzzled expression

               Please solve this puzzle then read your answers all together then answer yes or no

She …. Be loved – maroon 5

To … - teen top

.. away – 2ne1

Give it .. me – sistar

…. Theme – fountains of Wayne

…. Or without you – 2am

Tell .. your wish – girls generation

           Yes             no

Meet me afterschool if it’s a yes, I will be waiting in front of the bookstore

The letter were printed neatly on the paper, and you just stared at it “I think you are supposed to solve it” your friend stated “thanks a lot Sherlock” you replied sarcastically, she hit your shoulder and you pretended to be hurt, you took a pen and started filling the empty spaces, of course you knew the songs they were all on your iPod which made you kind of confused, the final sentence formed by your answers was ‘will you go to prom with me?’ you gasped then you couldn’t help the smile that formed on your face because of how cute and quite original is the way you have been asked to prom.

All through the classes you couldn’t focus you were too busy trying to figure out who sent you the note. You couldn’t wait for school to be over.

 After school:

You made you as quickly as humanly possible towards the bookstore, you arrived at the bookstore and you froze and your eyes widened,  but you snapped yourself out of it thinking that no way  it would be baekhyun, he probably was just there for his job you thought. You waved at him slightly when you were in front of the bookstore, you expected him to run but to your surprise he didn’t , he cleared his throat “s-s-so …it’s a yes??” he asked and your jaw dropped “it was you ???” you asked with clear confusion “a-a-are you disappointed ??” he asked quietly “no I’m just really surprised … I thought you hated me” you mumbled the last part but he heard you “what ? how could you think that ??” he asked shocked by your words “well, you kind of run every time you see me” he rubbed the back of his neck, was he blushing “you.. make me nervous” he said shyly and you blushed and cleared your throat “I make you nervous??” you asked “I kind of sort of maybe like you.. a lot” he said looking at the ground, you heart jumped and started beating a hundred miles a second, did he really just confess to you, any doubt you had that this might be just a work of your imagination disappeared as you felt something soft on your lips, it was just a quick peck but it left both of you blushing as he mumbles a quick see you after work and ran into the store he works at, leaving you standing there in a haze with your hand on your lips.

After work :

You stepped outside and started locking up as did baekhyun, when you were both done he asked if he could walk you home and you agreed, at first it was slightly awkward because you both were shy but soon enough you were both talking and laughing about the most random stuff.

For the rest of the week he walked you home every day and you got to know each other a bit better. You also found the perfect dress for prom, you were getting quite excited maybe prom is not so bad after all.

Prom night:

You checked yourself one last time in the mirror in your room, you wore knee-length dress with a frill skirt and it was purple since the theme was Mardi Gras and you had green and yellow and purple beads hanging on your neck and you wore purple heels, and of course a face mask to complete the look. You made your way down the stairs and you saw baekhyun standing there looking absolutely dashing in a black tux and a face mask . “you look beautiful” he said grinning widely,  you smiled at him “thank you, you look quite handsome yourself” , he put his arm out for you to link, you linked your arm with his and you both made your way to your first official date . prom was quite fun you had to admit, baekhyun was an absolute sweetheart and he was really funny and dorky. The music played until late as you both danced the night away, enjoying this moment as it lasted.