Chanyeol - Welcome home

A collection of my old stuff

“Push!” The doctor encourage you to push harder “you’re almost there” he urged.
You squeezed Chanyeol’s hand harder, and screamed your lungs out as you pushed harder. Chanyeol screamed along with you, probably because your grip on his hand was fatal. The pain was excruciating but you kept pushing as hard as you can.
You were sweating like a in church, and cursing like a sailor, you’re pretty sure you cursed Chanyeol for doing this to you, and probably swore to never have with him again, also you spoke in Latin for 20 minutes, how did that even happen ?! It definitely beats you.

After 1h and 16minutes of painful labor and 15 minutes of pushing you finally heard the small cries of your baby, your own blood and flesh, you gave life to a really small human being.

“It’s a baby boy!!” The doctor announced happily, you smiled as you fell unconscious due to the extreme fatigue and relief that it was finally over.

When you came to it you felt a hand holding your own, and another gently caressing your forehead, you slowly opened your eyes only to be met by Chanyeol’s loving gaze.

“Hello beautiful! you did great baby! I’m so proud of you” he whispered lovingly, smiling a 100,000 volt smile.

“Hey babe!!” You said weakly “how long was I out?” You asked tiredness evident in your voice.

“8 years!” He joked and you widened your eyes, “Jagiya, you’re so gullible!” He laughed and you pouted.

“You’re mean” you said pouting.

“I’m sorry baby, I couldn’t resist! You were out for two hours” he said.

“Did you see the baby?” You asked.

“Not yet! I was too worried about you ! And they took him with them for the pediatrician check-up” he said that radiant smile not leaving his lips for a second.

“So it’s a baby boy!” You grinned.

“Yup, the son, my mom was flying when I told her!!” he smiled widely.

“Should I be jealous?!” You laughed “what should we name him?” You asked.

You and Chanyeol wanted the baby’s to be a surprise, so you asked the doctor not to tell you, and because your grandmother always said it’s a bad omen to get ahead of oneself, you both decided to wait for the baby’s birth to give them a name, but you gave the baby a nickname over the past few months, it was ‘Kokoro’ although it sounded silly and you remember laughing your gut out when he suggested it but you liked the quirkiness of it.

“How about we just name him Kokoro?” He laughed.

“When he grows up he’ll hate us!” You chuckled.

“Well, I actually have a suggestion that I really, really like” he grinned.

“Okay, go on” you smiled.

“How about Manse?!” He smiled.

“Manse! I like the sound of that!” You grinned.

Manse literally meant 'to live a thousand years’ it’s a shift Korean-Chinese word, but it’s mainstream meaning is celebratory, it almost means 'hurray’.

“You know because I want him to live ten thousand years, and he’s a celebration of our love!” he wiggled his brows at you, and you burst out laughing at the last statement, and he smiled proudly, he loved your laugh, it was so contagious and addictive and it makes his heart flutter every time.

The door burst open and your sister Jina and Chanyol’s sister Yura walked into the room. Your sister ran towards you, she gave you a huge hug, she was crying.

“Why didn’t you guys call me?” She asked wiping her tears.

“Unni, you would just freak out and your BP will drop!! I just didn’t want to worry you” you smiled apologetically.

She hugged you again and kissed your forehead, Yura also gave you a hug and congratulated the two of you.
After an hour or so a nurse came in and ushered everyone out except the husband because the doctor was coming to check on you.
After the check-up the doctor said you can go home tomorrow, he also told you that the baby was in a great condition which made you both feel thankful and at ease.

When the doctor left you asked the nurse to bring the baby so you could meet him.

Chanyeol was excited like a puppy, he was grinning like a mad man, you were just as excited as you smiled widely full of anticipation. The door opened and nurse walked in with the small baby in a wheeled bed, she pushed it next to your bed and left.
Chanyeol carefully moved to the bed side and looked at the baby boy in utter disbelieve and amazement, his eyes got teary as he carefully held the baby boy as if he was a Chinadoll about to break, the little baby had his eyes open.

“Hi Kokoro!! I’m your father! I’ve been waiting for you my whole life, I love you so much” he whispered to the baby with a huge smile on his face. He gently gave him to you, you held him close as tears streamed down your face, Chanyeol sat next to you on the bed and wrapped his arm around your shoulder rubbing soothing circles, although he will never 'know’ but he understood how hard it must’ve been the last nine months, he kissed your temple, you calmed down a bit.

“Hey Manse! I’m mommy, you know ? The one you spent nine months inside of!!” You chuckled and so did Chanyeol.
“It was really hard sometimes but you’re so worth it baby, but you were really mean to daddy, you made him go to the grocery store at four in the morning so many times” you smiled at the incredible little bundle of joy, Chanyeol laughed remembering those dreadful nights.
“I’m gonna try to be the best mom ever, even when I’m not I hope you will still love me, because I love you so very much” you gently kissed his forehead.

You and Chanyeol kept talking to the baby and remembering the past nine months and laughing at the crazy cravings you had.
One day you insisted he dressed as a Girls Generation member and danced all their hit songs, and one time you craved Chinese moon cakes at 4:00 A.M in July!! It a roller coaster ride but completely worthwhile.

The nurse took the baby to the children’s ward, and your sister spent the night with you, you shooed Chanyeol with much difficulty to go home and get some well deserved sleep.

:: The next day ::

Chanyeol came to the hospital early to take you and the baby home.
After he finished all the paperwork and talked to the doctor, he carried your stuff and the baby’s, and you carried the baby, he guided you and your sister to the car, you dropped your sister off first then continued your way home. You were so glad you were going back home, you didn’t like hospitals.

Chanyeol opened the door for you and the new resident of the house.
“Ah~ Home sweet home!!” You sighed happily.

“Ta-Da!! Welcome home Manse!” He grinned.

“What about me?” You pout.

“Baby, it wouldn’t be called home if it weren’t for you!” He smiled and you chuckled at his remark.

“Being a father made you more cheesy!!” You laughed at him, he just shrugged.

You walked inside, and Chanyeol was basically jumping up and down excitement and thrill evident in his features.

You walked into your bedroom and you almost didn’t recognize it, the lights were dimmed down a bit, the matress was changed with a softer much more comfortable one, and there was a crib beside the bed, you were touched and speechless, you put the sleeping baby in his new crib.

“Chanyeol, I really don’t know what to say..” You said facing him.

“That’s not all!! I have another surprise for you!!” He said excitingly.

He led to his home studio, or what was his home studio now it was a baby’s room, painted in sky blue and had a few paintings of white clouds and birds. It also had a bigger crib painted green and violet, it had a few stuffed animals and wrapped gifts, and a huge Manse decorated the wall in pretty letters with different colors.

“Oh my god Chanyeol!!! Just when did you?” You asked.

“The boys did most of it, when I knew the baby’s I gave them the signal” Chanyeol smiled “those gifts are from them by the way”

You wrapped your arms tightly around his waist, wetting his shirt with your tears, he wrapped his arms around you and embraced you lovingly.

Being a new mother really screwed your emotions, you were so emotional but what he did was really the sweetest thing in the world.

“You’re the best baby daddy in the universe” you looked up meeting his sparkling eyes.

“Thanks to you I will be!” He kissed your forehead gently.

He definitely was a lucky boy to have Chanyeol as his father and the boys of EXO as his family, and you were a lucky girl to have such an amazing husband like Chanyeol. This day you were the happiest person on the face of the earth.