Surprise?! - Jinhwan

A collection of my old stuff

“Hi boys!!” You greeted with a cute grin as you walked into ikon’s practice room.
“What do you want?!” Junhoe asked with a poker face, earning a few smacks from the members.
“Good to see you too, June!” You smiled a sickeningly sweet smile to him, shooting your fingers towards him.
Your eyes wondered unconsciously because you haven’t seen him yet, which was odd since he was always in the practice room. Actually Junhoe, Donghyuk and Jiwon were the only ones in the room.
“He’s not here, you know!” Junhoe whispered to you.
“Who?!” You feigned oblivion.
He gave a knowing look and you laughed sheepishly.
“Is it that obvious?!”
“To me yes! Should I ask them?!” He pointed to the other two across the room, with a teasing smile.
You kicked him in the foot lightly for even joking about it. 
He pretended to fall on the floor in pain.
💮♥♥♥💮
You had a not so little crush on Jinhwan ever since you first met him in the YG building, he was really nice and sweet towards you and he just made your heart flutter.
Sometimes you worked with ikon, and eventually you got a little closer to them, except for Jinhwan. Because you just couldn’t talk whenever he’s around due to your brain’s meltdown everytime he was around. 
💮♥♥♥💮
“So what are you guys doing for Jinhwan’s birthday?!” You asked sitting on a chair next to Jiwon.
“You’re planning something nice and quick and we’ll help!” He said emphasizing the ‘you’.
“When did I decide to do that!” You replied emphasizing the ‘I’.
“Just now!!” He smiled his famous eye-smile, and who could resist that?
“We’re really busy so that’d be really nice of you!” Donghyuk added with an adorable pleading smile.
You narrowed your eyes at them, how were you supposed to resist that, it’s not like you minded, but you were slightly worried, one day they’ll try to convince you to jump off a cliff and you probably would.
“Please Noona!!” Junhoe said with the most obnoxious cute voice he could muster.
“Eww!!” You kicked his chair and it slid away.
Bubbly laughter echoed in the small practice room, until the door flew open revealing the rest of ikon.
As if on cue you became quiet and avoided eye contact with him at all costs.
Jinhwan’s insides twisted and twirled at the sight of you, he didn’t know what to do with himself, his nerves got the best of him though and he couldn’t even say hello.
After chatting a bit with Hanbin, you had to leave and told Jiwon you’ll text him ‘the details’ tonight.
Jinhwan’s blood boiled at this, he couldn’t help it, what details? What was going on?
Jiwon noticed and decided that maybe his Hyung needed a push, to admit that he likes you instead of staying in denial forever.
“What details?!” Jinhwan asked ‘casually’.
“Why do you care?!” Jiwon shot back.
“I don’t! I’m just asking!”
Jiwon’s phone beeped and he giggled looking at the screen.
“Who knew Ireum was so funny!” Jiwon smiled deviously.
Jinhwan forced a smile but his heart was shattering into a million tiny pieces. He thought Jiwon liked you and he wouldn’t want to do that to him.
“She seems really nice too, so good for you!” He smiled sweetly.
Jiwon banged his head on the wall next to him a couple of times, pretending to cry to emphasize his frustration.
“You’re too much, Hyung!” Yunhyung gave Jinhwan a pat on the shoulder.
“If Jiwon were to date Ireum wouldn’t that make you at least a little bit angry?!” He asked the older male.
Jinhwan just blinked at him, was it that obvious that he liked you?
The boys kept taunting their Hyung until he finally admitted he liked you, a lot.
🌠🌠🌠 Next Day 🌠🌠🌠
Since they were probably really busy practicing, you decided it would be better if you just got them a cake and something to eat, maybe a few party poppers.
You got everything you needed and cooked them a few things that you were actually good at making, then headed to the YG building, you set everything in your own work space and texted Jiwon to come in 20 minutes.
Then you took the elevator to get some glue from the storage room in the basement.
You got to the basement but you couldn’t get the glue since it was on a really high shelf and you were really short.
You heard a chuckle from behind you, and you internally freaked out, you looked behind you and it was Jinhwan.
“You want the glue?!” He asked nicely.
You nodded and looked down.
“I don’t think I can help you, I want some stuff too but..” He trailed off looking at the top shelf.
You couldn’t help but laugh at the situation, you both stood there staring at the stuff you wanted mocking you from the top shelf.
“Do you think we should ask for help?!” You asked nervously and barely audible.
“They’ll never let it go!” You reminded.
He nodded with a slight smile shaking his head at s.
“If it’s okay with you, I can give you a lift!” He suggested in a small voice and red face.
Your ears burned at the idea of touching him, and your heart went into a frenzy.
You agreed silently and he lifted you on his shoulders and you got the stuff you both wanted then he put you down.
You both ended up in the elevator alone, and as you were closer to your floor the lights suddenly flashed and the elevator made a ruckus noise then stopped.
You freaked out internally and looked at Jinhwan who looked worried too but much calmer than you.
“This is the building security, we’re sorry but it seems the system is down! Please remain calm and we’ll get you out as soon as possible!”
You sat down across from each other, neither of you looking at the other. 
It was slightly awkward, and you can feel the nerves in the atmosphere.
🕛 Almost an hour later🕛
“What if we die here! Who will kick Junhoe everyday, and tell him he’s a giant fool” You pouted.
Jinhwan just looked at you, chuckling lightly, his eyes didn’t leave your crouched figure one second and he just fell deeper into you. His heart was doing backflips in his rib cage and his hands were sweating, just being in this close proximity of you made his heart dance and made him smile for no reason.
You were fiddling nervously with your phone, avoiding his gaze or your heart would burst.
“Happy Birthday!” You said quietly when the clock in your phone struck midnight. 
“Make a wish it’s midnight!” You looked at him with a cute smile.
He closed his eyes for a quick moment, then opened them with a giddy smile.
“How unfortunate! You’re spending your birthday stuck in an elevator!” You chuckled.
He laughed lightly.
“On the opposite! I’m in an elevator with the most beautiful girl in the world! I’m pretty satisfied!” He smiled bashfully.
You blinked your eyes a few times in surprise, then blushed 50 Shades of red.
“I like you, Ireum! I don’t know when it started but I can’t seem to be able to take you out of my mind, it’s like I can’t breathe when I can’t see you! To me you’re the most perfect gift from the gods and I really like you!” Jinhwan smiled and looked down.
“You don’t have to like me too! I understand if you don’t! But if you don’t like anyone try and like me!” He kept looking down.
“You’re really dense aren’t you?!” You laughed.
He looked at you confused.
“I like you!” You stuttered and looked down shyly, blushing a cherry red.
Jinhwan moved closer to you, and you met him halfway. 
You were both standing on your knees, he cupped your cheeks in his hands and closed the distance between your lips.
He kissed you gently and sweetly, his lips were softer than you had imagined.
You were on cloud nine, your heart busting with happiness, and your head light from the sweetly intoxicating kiss.
You pulled away and he rested his forehead on yours, eyes still closed.
He was trying to engrave this moment in his heart and memory, as the moment his life started.
✴ Meanwhile✴
“Pay up!” Junhoe demanded his Hyungs.
“I can’t believe it took him an entire hour!” Hanbin grumbled paying the younger male.
“Should we let them out now?!” Jiwon asks.
“No, wait until they have babies!” Junhoe laughed earning smacks left and right.
Sometimes cupid needs a little push to get the job done, or in this case a huge throw off a cliff.