Resentment - Lay

A collection of my old stuff

“Good morning, babe” you smiled as you gave him a back-hug, Yixing was making some breakfast for you two since it’s his day off. He turned and gave you a sweet peck on the lips. You went to your room to get dressed for school, you had a busy day ahead. While you were inside Yixing set breakfast on the table and took his seat. After you had breakfast, you got up to leave, you leaned in to kiss Yixing goodbye but you were surprised he pulled you into his lap
“Do you really have to go?” He pouted and your heart ached.
“I really have to, baby” you wrapped your arms around his neck “I’m sorry” it was your turn to pout.
“But today is my day off, can’t you just skip today” he whined a bit.
“I know, and there’s nothing I would like more than to spend the day with you, but today particulary I can’t skip” you pouted more.
“Well, I guess there’s nothing you can do about it, good luck with your project sweetheart” he gave you a sad smile. Days off are rare for him and he wanted to spend it with you but it can’t be helped.
“Thank you, Xing” you kissed him, it was chaste and sweet. “I’ll see you later, okay?” You said and he nodded as he gave you another peck.

:: Two hours later :: 

You skipped your way home excited, your professor called in sick and you were dismissed, which was good..not for him but it was definitely good for you.
You basically flew through the stairs as you had no patience to wait for the elevator.

You opened the door as quietly as you can since you wanted to surprise Yixing, you closed the door quietly and took off your shoes, as you walked inside you saw that he was neither in the living room nor the kitchen, you made your way to the bedroom, as you walked down the hall you saw a pair of unfamiliar heels and scattered clothes, your heart sinked 'no, it can’t be’ you thought, you heard some noises coming from the half-closed bedroom, you gulped and pushed the door a little and your eyes fell on your most dreaded nightmare, the scene you thought you would never see, you hoped the earth would open up and swallow you, you would’ve rathered to go blind before seeing such a thing. You felt your heart was ripped out of your chest and torn into a million confetti pieces, Yixing was with another women in your bed, a prettier, skinier, more talented women… an idol, you always feared this moment but deep down you never thought he would do this to you.
You froze and your eyes widened as you felt a sting of tears. He turned his head when he saw her staring towards the door, his eyes widened and he jumped away from her, she smirked at you, 'that ’ you thought.
“Baby..” Yixing said
“How dare you? Don’t call me that! Not with her in our bed” you said coldly, you wanted to cry but you had too much pride.
You turned around and you started walking away, he followed you while covering his lower body with a sheet

“Baby, please just listen to me” he begged.

“Stop it, Yixing! You look pathetic” you looked him up and down and scoffed.

You left slamming the door behind you. Yixing fell to his knees crying “what have I done?” He cried.

You ran outside, you ran and ran until your legs couldn’t move, you realized you were at the Hangan river, where you had your first kiss, where he promised to never hurt and to love you forever. You fell to your knees you felt like you couldn’t breathe, the pain was too much that you physically felt your heart hurt.

You sat on the concrete with your legs dangled over the river, and you cried, you just cried, letting your tears drown in the river. It was a gloomy day even the sky was cloudy and it looked like it would rain.

You rode the first bus headed to Incheon where your best friend lived. Your best friend Jaesok welcomed you with open arms. You spent the next few days mopping around on Jaesok’s couch, he was such a great support. You cried your eyes out everytime you remembered what happened. Yixing called you a hundred times before you took the battery out, he looked for you at every friend’s house in Seoul that he knew about, but he just couldn’t find you. It was like the earth just swallowed you.

:: Ten days later ::

You were sitting on the couch watching Titanic for the millionth time, while eating a huge bowl of ice-cream and crying. You heard the doorbell and you got up to get it, you looked in the mirror in the hall and wiped your tears and your mouth, your eyes were red and puffy. You opened the door and Yixing was standing there, you guessed he finally remembered Jaesok.
“What the hell are you doing here ?” You spat.
“Ireumi, just listen to me, please” Yixing pleaded.
“No, you listen to me, I have been nothing but the most understanding girlfriend, even though you’re an idol and I barely saw you but I thought 'hey, atleast he really tries’, I gave you my heart in your hands but you killed it” you said trying to hold back the tears, he was not going to see you crying Even though it’s obvious you have been.
“Please Ireumi, please find it in your heart to forgive me, I love you, I regret it I swear, please it was a moment of weakness” he pleaded and begged.
“I wish I could believe you Yixing I really do but I can’t! I know she was attractive, but I didn’t deserve this, I was here first Yixing! You are no longer in my heart, just leave” you closed the door and sat there crying, you resented him so much right now, and you hated the fact that you still loved him with every last bit of your exsistence.
After that day you knew he was going to try and comeback, so you took the scholarship that was offered to you by a prestigious nursing school in Toronto, Canada. 

:: Three years later :: 


Over the past three years you made great friends in Canada, you lived your life quite nicely, even Yixing still popped in your thoughts every once in a while. You also kept updated about EXO.

EXO were doing alright, though a few mishaps here and there but they were coping well and doing great, Yixing though couldn’t get over you for one second, he had many sleepless nights and wrote many sad songs and looked for you everywhere he could, but to no avail.

You got back to Seoul as a certified, liscenced nurse. You were now working in St.Marie’s hospital as the head nurse. You liked being back in Seoul, you had missed it while being abroad.
You were working the night-shift tonight and you were in desperate need for a good cup of coffee, so in the time of your break, you put your coat on and went to the café not too far away from the hospital. You walked in and the amazing aroma of coffee hit you, it was mesmerizing.
“Hi, Ireumi! The night-shift, huh?” The cute barista smiled at you.
“Yup, and I’m in desperate need of your magic coffee” you smiled back at him.
“The usual?” He asked, and you nodded before heading to your usual spot, by the window. While you were looking out the window, EXO’s 'moonlight’ started playing in the café, you couldn’t help but smile to yourself, as you reminisced the memories from the past, you especially loved this song, you still supported them and sent Jongdae a few encouraging messages, him being the closest to you out of the boys.

The cute barista brought your coffee snapping out of your thoughts, you sipped from your hot coffee as you kept lookinv out the window, observing people.

“Ireumi?” You heard a familiar voice call.

You turned around and holy moly it was indeed Yixing.

“Yixing” you breathed

“How are you ?” He asked smiling gently.

“I’m good! How have you been ?” You asked

“I’ve been alright! I like the short hair, it really suits you” he smiled that cute dimply smile.

“Thank you! I like the jet-black hair” you smiled.

“You’re a nurse now?!” He pointed to the uniform and you nodded “I’m happy for you” he smiled.

“Thank you, Yixing” you smiled.

“You’re still as beautiful as I remember” he flirted “would you …maybe.. like to have dinner with me, please?” He asked nervously.

“I’m sorry Yixing! I really have to go! It was nice seeing you again” you gave him a small smile and left.


:: The next day ::


You were working in the ER today. You made your way to one if the curtains to see what patient is there, as you opened the curtain to your immense surprise Jongdae was there cluching his stomach as Yixing stood beside him.

“Oh my god! What happened ? Where does it hurt?” You asked worried.

“My heart” Yixing answered and you glared at him “only patients are allowed, go away” you scolded and he left defeated, to wait in the hall.

“I ate some ramen and my stomach felt funny, it hurts” Jongdae complained.

“Lie down” you ordered and he obeyed “did you check the expiration date?” You asked examining his stomach.
“No, but Yixing hyung said…” Jongdae trailed off “that son of a gun” he clenched his teeth “I think he did it on purpose to see you” he said in disbelief.
“He wouldn’t go that far” you said half-certain “right?”
“It’s good seeing you again, noona! You kind of just disappeared !!” Jongdae said.
“You too, Jongdae” you gave him a small smile “yeah … I had to” you pursed your lips together.
“Sorry to remind you” he paused “but he really regrets it you know!” He said.
“I know! I just want to torture him a little longer"  you gave him a wink.
"Okay so .. the ramen probably was expired so it needs to get out of your system, other than that you’re fine, this nice doctor here will prescribe something for the pain and to get all poisonous substance out of your body” you assured before heading out to the lobby.
“Really, Yixing? Really?” You crossed your arms and shook your head.
“I just.. I really wanted to see you again” he admitted apologetically.
“Yixing..” you called and he looked up at you “go home” you said before returning to the ER.

:: The next day :: 

You were in the nurses’ lounge, resting a bit, suddenly a doctor came in 

“Dr. Park what brings you here?"You ask.

"Head-nurse Ireumi I have an urgent surgery, could you handle my patients for me please ?” He asked.
“Sure, Dr. Park!” You said.
“There’s one in the office already” he said before running off to the OR.

You headed to his office and surprise, surprise Yixing was there, this time with another victim ..Joonmyun.
“Out !! Only patients” you said with a poker-face, and Yixing left, defeated.
“What did he do to you?” You asked.
“He was giving me a dance lesson and my shoulder got dislocated” he said.
“Okay, this is gonna hurt a little” you informed him.
“I’m a man! I can take it” he smiled proudly.
“That’s what they all say” you said and his eyes widened. He screamed in pain as you relocated his shoulder.

“Please don’t tell anyone” he said
“What? That you screamed like a little girl? I won’t” you said flately, bullying Joonmyun was always fun for you, he was such a good sport.
“Yah” he pouted. “Just give him a chance before he kills one of us” he said and you chuckled.
“Hyung are you okay?” Yixing asked worriedly as you and Joonmyun stepped out of the room.
“I’m okay! I’m as good as new” he said swinging his arm. Joonmyun left first.
“Yixing ..” you called and he looked at you “stop trying to kill your members” you pointed your index towards him with a pout.

“I miss you, Ireumi” he said quietly

“Ireumi, please give me a chance to make it up to you, please let me do it right this time” he pleaded, and you couldn’t resist anymore.

“I miss you too Yixing” you pouted “tell you what I will give you another chance but this time you better get it right, it’ll only be harder” you agreed to give him a second chance.
“I promise I will make you the happiest girl in the world” he smiled 'til his dimple showed “so.. dinner tonight?” He asked.
“Okay, but no ramen” you smiled mischeviously and he laughed 

“Okay, promise” he said as he ran off to catch up to Joonmyun.