Jungkook - The One That Got Away… Almost

A collection of my old stuff

Jana was the quiet cute teacher’s pet, the little girl with pigtails and glasses who had a lisp. That was you, the most adorable of all 8 year olds. Unfortunately for you Jongkook didn’t seem to think so, the little boy with black hair and adorable lips and milky skin, was the cutest according to you, but he always bullied you and pulled your pigtails.

You sat on the third table and he was your seat-mate, he kept pulling your pigtails and imitating your lisp, he always copies anything you say, resulting in you quieting down due to your shyness. He basically tortured you through all 3rd grade.

Now that you were in 4th grade things were no different, but to make it worse, they moved next door, of all the apartments in Busan it had to be the one next door.

~One fine afternoon~

You had an earth science class, which Jongkook happens to hate so he always sat on the last table looking out of the window.
You also hated the class so you sat on the last table, just looking at him, he was cute and kind… just not to you.

You decide to avert your attention back to the board, and suddenly felt something crawling on your shoulder, you looked and it was a stag beetle, Jongkook’s beetle. You hated bugs so you freaked out, you were jumping and screaming trying to get it off you.

The teacher sent both of you to the principal’s office, you were crying because you didn’t do anything, and you were still freaked out.

The principal gave you both detention, as you walked out of the office, Jungkook grabbed your wrist, he was about to apologize but you snapped at him.

“You’re so mean!! I hate you!” you said through your tears, you had never gotten detention, you were a model student, now your record was ruined. That’s how it seemed at the time anyway. He looked disappointed or rather sad that time, as if he really cared.

~Fast Forward to 7th grade~

Finally middle school, you were excited to go to a new school and hopefully make new friends, Jongkook still lived next door, and still as obnoxious, you hoped this year he wouldn’t in your class though.

You excitedly made your way to your assigned classroom, the moment you walked in your face fell, there he was Jeon Jungkook in all his glory.

“Hi~ nice to see you again!” He smiled and waved at you.

“Unbelievable!!” You scoffed.

You sat on the farthest table possible from him.

~Later in the hallway~

You were walking to your locker and surprise, surprise Jongkook was standing nearby. When you passed next to him he put his leg in your way and you almost tripped, you glared at him.

“Oops!” He shrugged with a devious smile.

You just ignored him like you always do.

~Few months later~

You were minding your own business like usual, until a bunch of girls cornered you in the bathroom.

“Why are you obsessed with our Jongkookie?!” One of them asked.

You scoffed almost laughing. “Get your facts straight!! See who’s obsessed with whom!!” You retorted.

“This girl!! Are you crazy?” Another one yelled.

“Do you wanna die?! Stay away from Jongkookie!!” The other threatened.

“Oh please! He’s all yours!” You said seriously.

They let you go with a ‘warning’, and you scoffed, he always had a way to ruin your day, on purpose or by accident.

~Later that day~

You had P.E, Jongkook’s favorite class. It was dodgeball day, which meant scars and torture.

Jongkook as usual kept pointing the ball at you even after you were out, using 'oops the ball slipped’ as an excuse, no ball slips that far or that specific, 'slipped my , you obnoxious jerkface’ you cursed him in your brain.

“I’m sorry!!” Jongkook said while you were out of the gym waiting for next class.

“Excuse me?!” You asked in disbelief.

“I said I’m sorry!! Are you deaf?!” He said annoyed.

You scoffed, “You know what?! Screw you Jeon Jongkook!!” You said poking his chest harshly with your finger.

You walked away, irritated and disappointed, just when you think he changed and matured, he proves otherwise.

~2 years later~

You moved to America with your family 2 years ago, in the middle of 7th grade, so that was the last time you saw Jongkook.

You had to admit despite the relief and the peace that your life has, you still sort of missed him. 'Maybe I’m a masochist or something!! Or else why would I miss him?! He’s obnoxious!!’ you shook the thoughts away and averted your attention back to your dance routine.

After you came to The States, you had the opportunity to realize your biggest dream, you were casted by JYPE and signed a contract with them, and started training to be a star. You were training in LA.

You had a great passion for dancing and music was your life, but you weren’t only passionate about it, you also had the talent, you were exceptional.

You were training with Lifestyle Movement, the very well-renowned dance academy, while maintaining top grades and vocal lessons, you were quite the over-achiever.

~One day in the studio~

The choreographer came in with a young boy trailing behind him.

“Guys this is Jongkook, he is a new student, be nice to him” the choreographer announced.

Your ears perked up at the familiar name. 'It can’t be’ you thought, but damn he looked so much like him.

“Hello, I am Jongkook!” He said in cute, broken English.

'It is him!! This is weird!’ You thought. What are the odd?!.

After class, you approached the boy who looked like a deer in headlights.

“Hi!” You said loudly in his ear from behind, and he jumped in surprise. It was your way of greeting new kids, cheerful and friendly.

“hello!” He timidly greeted with a shy smile.

'No way he didn’t recognize me’ you were kinda disappointed.

“I’m Jana!!” you offered a handshake. 'This should jog his memory’ you thought.

Only it didn’t as he timidly shook your hand. Well half your face was covered by the shadow of your cap but still.

“Could it be you’re Jeon Jongkook-ssi, from Busan?!” You asked in Korean.

He looked up in shock.
“W-who?” He hesitated before something clicked in his brain.

'What? Who? How?’ Too many questions were swarming his head at this very moment.

“how do you just forget me? You made my school life miserable and just forgot all about it!! I’m kinda disappointed!!” You said half-joking.

“Sorry about that!! I was an immature kid!!” He said sincerely.

You were sort of touched.
“Wow! It’s amazing how one changes in two years!!” You nodded, pursing your lips.

“What are you doing here?!” Jongkook asked curiously.

“I’m a trainee for JYPE! You’re a BigHit kid?!” You saw one of their staff around.

He nodded. You talked a little more before you had to leave.

And that was the last time you saw each other, because you had to go to Korea to prepare for your debut and he stayed there.

~Fast forward another 2 other years~

You had made a super successful debut, 1 year ago, Jongkook made his own successful debut with Bangtan Boys a few months ago.

They were the super rookies, they had many fans, and were quite talented and handsome as well.

You on the other hand were one of the most sought after 'monster-rookies’, you were a talented dancer, songwriter, singer and a badass rapper, you were the full package. Your debut album sold a million copies, and the second as well, followed by the third which sold 3 million copies. Your first concert sold out in one day, the second in 30 minutes. You just finished your first solo world tour. Things were going amazing.

Bangtan were promoting their title song Hormone War, while you were promoting your newest titles Pretty Woman which had a jazzy-burlesque kinda feel, and Joan of arc which you wrote and composed yourself, and had a more powerful rap and lyrics.

For the first time your promotions coincided, despite that you still haven’t met them at all, not even once. It’s to be expected with all your busy schedules but you really wanted to see Jongkook again.

~One random day~

You just finished recording a radio interview, and your manager was driving you to the next schedule for the day, which was Weekly Idol, you were excited because you really like the show.

“Oppa, did you know who’s the other guest?!” You asked your manager.

“It’s a boy group!! That’s all they said!!” He said.

“Hmm..interesting!! I hope it’s no one from our agency!! I want to meet idols that are actually cool” you giggled in your own little fangirl world. Causing your manager to chuckle and shake his head at your cute antics.

Once in the studio you politely greeted Coni and Doni, whom you grew familiar to in a radio show you host together.

Suddenly a bunch of handsome boys who you recognized as Bangtan bursted through the door. They politely bowed to Coni and Doni, and bowed to you as well, because you were their senior.

Jongkook lifted his head from the bow and you made eye contact, he looked shocked, maybe he wasn’t paying attention. It seemed like time had stopped as you stared at each other, not quite sure what to do or how to react, it’s been so long.

You both snapped out of it and realized that Coni and Doni were already doing the opening and his group-mates’ attention was all poured on you two.

You felt hot and your cheeks flushed pink as you adverted your attention to Coni and Doni. Ignoring the whispering chitter-chatter behind.

“We have the iest, most talented, the best monster rookie!! Jana!!” They both cheered.

That was your cue, you came into the camera frame and bowed to the camera.

“Hello~ I’m Jana~ nice to meet you~” you introduced yourself.

“Welcome~ We’re glad to have you!!” Doni smiled widely.

“Doni seems to be fond of you!!” Coni smiled, “why?!” He asked with a poker face. Earning laughter from everyone.

You felt a little flustered.
“well, there must be a reason!! Why do are you fond of me, Oppa?!” You reverted the question to Doni, leaving Coni quite dumbfounded.

Doni hi-fived you telling you “good job!”.

“but Sunbae that attack was a little weak, I was expecting something stronger!” You told Coni, who scoffed.

“This is your first time on our show, why?! Aren’t we good enough for you?! How’s that?!” Coni said with pretend anger and hostility.

“Just because!” You cooly replied. Cue laughter.

“Unbelievable!!” He said in a weird English accent. Causing you to laugh.

“What?! You can do better?!” Coni half-yelled “you speak English?!” He asked in beat-up English.

“Hyung! She lived in America!!” Doni whispered to him, and his expression changed making the staff burst into a fit of laughter.

“LA?!” He asked with exaggerated movements.

“how did you know?!” You asked with a funny face and he copied it, making you laugh.

“I think our second guests are getting tired of standing!!” Doni said pointing at Bangtan.

“Let’s have them!! It’s their second time here, the best powerful idols Bangtan Sonyeodan!!!” He cheered.

They did their group greeting.
You stepped to the MCs side “Woah!! Daebak!” You said barely hear-able. But of course Coni caught it.

“What do you mean?!” He asked obviously.

“It’s my first time seeing it live, woah!! So much power!!” You exclaimed.

He asked if it’s the first time you’ve met and you all nodded.

“How can we make this fun?!” Coni laughed in an evil manner.

“by the way Oppa!! Since they’ve been here before, do you remember all their names?!” You put Coni on the spot earning yourself another hi-five from Doni.

“Just wait… I’ll have my vengeance!!” He gave you a mock glare.

“yeah sure!!! But answer!!” You insisted and the boys backed you up, asking if he remembers them, cutely whining and such.

“Rap Monster!!” He pointed the obvious and most memorable.

“That’s obvious!! Go on!” You smirked.

“you’re out to get me!!” He complained. Cue another laughing fit.

“Jimin, Suga, Jin, V, I remember him he likes Doni and hates me” He said with a bitter smile. 
And V laughed awkwardly.

“Ooh!!! I’m impressed so far” You exclaimed.

“Jongkook, and J… J…” He was remembering hard. Everyone was cheering for him, the last one. While J-hope sulked.

“J-hope!!” He cheered loudly with exaggerated gestures and the boys clapped and cheered for him.

“You’re a great MC, Oppa!!” You said out of nowhere.

“I’m still gonna get revenge!!” He said in sing-a-song voice.

“Anyways shall we move on to the next corner!!” You asked with a grin.

“Yah!!! Are you trying to steal my spot?!” Doni yelled chasing you across the studio, that is until you hit the wall, you were a bit of a clutz.

& The next corner &

“Rewrite my profile!!” The MCs shouted together starting the segment.

“Are you okay, Jana-yah?!” Doni asked.

You laughed, embarrassed and nodded.

“You’re still a clutz!! Aigoo!” He commented.

Your profile was first up, the picture was quite… Racy.

“It’s hard to believe you’re the same person!!” Coni grinned mischievously.

“I was all dolled up!!” You honestly said.

“Are you sure you didn’t get any help?!” He wiggled his brows mischievously.

You just laughed it off.

“Jeon Jana!! From Busan!! 168cm 45kg!!” Doni read aloud.

“Is that accurate so far?!” The MC slyly asked.

“Yeah, up until the last part!!” You said laughing and bringing laughter to everyone.

“How much the difference?!” He attacked.

“Don’t ask a woman about weight!! It’s rude!!” You counter-back.

“Good point!! 12dimentional girl?!” He asked.

“I used to be called 4D a lot! But it’s been upgraded apparently!! I don’t know why?!” You pouted, sincerely thinking about the reason.

“Yeah… It’s a mystery!!” Doni sarcastically said.

“Or rather unique!! I’m a limited edition that’s how I like to think of it!!” You defended.

“we also have V-goon!! He’s the oddball in our team!!” Suga informed.

“They should be friends!!” RapMon commented, garnering everyone’s attention. V gave you hi-five out of nowhere.

“Maybe they should date!” Coni grinned devilishly.

“Their kids would be the weirdest people!!” Doni said.

Turning the studio into chaos of laughing and seal-clapping. Except for Jongkook who had a sore expression before forcing a smile. Everyone was wiping tears of laughter away. While you and V, were laughing and making comments to each other in your own little 4D world, since he sat next to you.

“Moving on!! Master of half-air half-voice!! Isn’t that JYP’s technique!” The MCs asked.

“Yeah!! It was bloody hell to learn!” Everyone laughed at your choice of words.

“Yah! You’re a female celebrity!” Coni said chuckling.

“More or less!!” You shrugged.

“What’s that supposed to mean?!” Everyone laughed like crazy.

After showing off your y moves, and some cute girl -group dances accompanied by J-hope, they moved to the members of BTS and they shared their talents and had some funny things to share. Like an encore of Jin’s creepy walking with his waist bent.

After filming was over, you bowed to everyone and said your goodbyes to the MCs then proceeded to leave. Bangtan also did the same.

You got out at the same time. 
“Sunbae-nim, it was really a pleasure meeting you!!” The leader smiled his cute dimply smile.

“Like wise! I’m a great fan of your music!! Fighting!” You cutely cheered.

“Jongkook-ssi why are you quiet?! You didn’t remember me this time too?!” You pouted.

The members just looked at you then at him.

“Didn’t he tell you?! We went to school together, we also met in LA!!! Do you guys have a recording now?!” You asked and they nodded still dazed from the new information.

“I’ll see you there then!!” You cutely waved at them and left, they waved back monotonously.

~In Jana’s van~

“ah~~” You were whining left and right, hitting your head on the driver’s seat.

“what happened?!” The manager asked, concerned.

“Jeon Jongkook.. That’s what happened!! That stupid, obnoxious, jerkface that I missed so much!!! And now I saw and it’s all coming back!! First love is a horrible, horrible thing!!!” You ranted and sighed deeply.

~Meanwhile in BTS’s van~

“Come on Jongkook!! I demand you to tell us!!” Hoseok persuaded.

“we were classmates from 1st grade to 7th, then she moved to America, and I never saw her again until I was in LA!! And now! That’s it!!!” He ranted.

“That’s it?!” Jimin asked in disbelief “were you friends?!” He further questions.

“I don’t know!!” Jongkook shrugged, you definitely weren’t friends.

“Did you go out?!” Jin asked.

“No!” Jongkook said, the idea making him blush.

“This is frustrating!! You’re on your own, brother!!” Suga said and they all left Jongkook to his thoughts.

~At the recording~

“Hyung, I need advice!” Jongkook quietly sat next to RapMon on the couch while the others hustled and bustled around the room.

“You like her!! Go and tell her!!” RapMon advised without looking up from his phone, knowing exactly what was on Maknae’s mind.

“But she must hate me!! I was terrible to her!!” Jongkook sadly said.

“Trust me on this one!! Go tell her!!” He patted his head and pushed him out of the dressing room.


You were lying face-down on the couch, you were mumbling incoherent nonsense, which your stylist assumed was whining and complaining. Someone knocked on the door, and you got up and fixed yourself in the mirror, while your manager opened the door.

Jongkook barged in and grabbed your hand and pulled you away from everyone. He took you to an empty room and locked the door, you were a little taken aback and weirded out.

“What’s.. Wrong?!” You asked hesitantly.

“I like you!!” He blurted, you can tell he was nervous.

“What?!” Your eyes were wide as saucers, and you were beyond surprised.

“I-I… Uhm… Well you see…” Jongkook stuttered, his nerves kicking in.
“I really really like you!! I was going to tell you in LA but you left!! Can you give me a chance, please?!” He confessed, honesty was clear in his eyes.

“Well, Jongkook… I don’t know what to say!! You did torture me in school!!” You were about to give a little taste of his antics. He looked like a nerve-wreck. 
“You were beyond evil!!” You teased a little more.

“I am so sorry!! I will make it up to you, I promise!!” He said sincere and scared you’ll reject him.

But Jongkook.. you were almost the one that got away!!“ You admitted shyly.

He was overtaken by shock and confusion first then in utter joy, he ran to you and gave you a huge bear hug.

"You’re crushing my bones!!” You squeaked.

“Sorry!” He pulled back. He leaned in, closing his eyes in the process and you did the same. 
Your body was tingling with excitement and anticipation. 
His soft, plum lips brushed against yours in a sweet, chaste, mesmerizing, endless kiss.

You pulled back and he had the biggest, most radiant of smiles, and you were pretty sure you had a matching one.

They say first love never truly dies, but most stories of such love doesn’t carry on, you were just so happy to be an exception.