Trip ?! - Mark

A collection of my old stuff

“What are we doing here?!” You ask, confused was the least word to describe how you felt now.

“We’re going on a trip!!” Mark grins widely.

You just give him a puzzled look.
“What are you talking about?!” You ask, confused.

You were standing in the airport, with absolutely no luggage or any precautions a traveling person would have.

“Well, we’re on vacation!! Why not?!” He shrugs.

“You sound so… Jackson-ie right now!! It’s his idea, isn’t it?!” You interrogate.

“Well.. Kinda!! But I really like the idea!! Come on it’ll be fun!!” Mark pleads with a cute smile.

“But… We are so not prepared!!” You say, you were a bit of a control freak and this just freaked you out.

“You just sound very Jr. right now!!” He crosses his arms with a cute, boyish grin.

“And where are we going?!” You ask.

“I don’t know!! We’ll get the cheapest first flight!!” He smiles so wide, all his teeth showed. He was really excited.

“Are you serious?!”

“Come on it’ll be fun!! I prepared everything, just please trust me on this!!” He took your hands in his.

You ponder for a bit, before deciding ‘what the hey?!’ it does sound fun.

“Okay, fine!! Let’s do it!!” You smile, feeling the excitement slowly build in.

“Really?!” Mark asks, flabbergasted.

“What?! You were basically begging me to!!”.

“Yeah! Jackson didn’t think you would say yes!” Mark chuckles.

“And you?!” You ask cautiously.

“I knew you couldn’t resist me!!” He grins lavishly.

You scoff and playfully hit his shoulder.

Mark went to the information desk, to ask about the cheapest, earliest flights and such.

You sit in a little airport cafe, waiting for him. You munched on some bread with your coffee.

He came back with a huge grin on his face and sat opposite you. He didn’t say anything and just started sipping on your coffee.

“Well…?!” You urge him to talk.

“We’re going to Belarus!!” He smiles.

“Nice!! Not bad at all!” You smile.

He puts a pack of money on the table, your jaw drops that looks like a LOT. It had a little paper that said 10.000.000 Belarusian ruble.

“Did you rob a bank?!” You ask, mouth still agape.

He chuckled “I was so surprised too!! I gave him a thousand, he gave me ten million, so… Our flight is in twenty minutes!!” Mark grins.

“What about clothes?!” You ask, still a little worried.

“We’ll buy there!! Let’s go buy some necessities from the airport stores though!!” He got up and offered you his hand which you took gladly.

You visit some airport stores and buy the most important necessities, such as a small valise, toothbrushes and toothpaste, undergarments, first aid kit, female hygiene products, matching pyjamas, and snacks of course, because why not?

You pack it all in the small valise, and head to the boarding area. You sit on the chairs waiting for your flight.

You tapped your foot on the floor repeatedly, a habit of yours when nervous.

Mark took your hand in his, “hey babe, if you don’t want to we could just go home!!” He says sweetly, looking at you, as he rubs soothing circles on the back of your hand with his thumb.

“It’s okay, I want to do this with you, it’ll be a great memory!” You smile, and peck his lips.

“Did we bring a camera?!” You tilt your head, remembering.

“We did! I’m pretty sure we have everything!!” He smiles.

“Are you 100% sure?! What about?…” You were starting to ramble.

“Peyar!!” He says with a knowing smile.

“I know! I know! Relax, there’s nothing to worry about!!” You sigh and recite as if memorizing a lesson.

“Good girl!!” Mark pats your head playfully, and places a kiss on your cheek.

You hear the boarding call for your flight and you head to the plane.

“But we don’t speak Russian?!!” You frown. 
Mark just laughs and grab your hand dragging you along.

“I’m pretty sure we can find someone who speaks English!!” He assured.

~• 13hrs later •~

After thirteen hours in the air, you finally arrive in Minsk International Airport, the moment you stepped out of that plane a whiff of fresh air hit you. It was refreshing.

You go through the regular routine check, then head to the information desk to book a hotel room for yourselves.

You book a superior room in the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

“Babe, I think we should rent a car!!” Mark suggests.

“Babe, I think you’re sleep-talking!!” You retort.

He couldn’t help but chuckle at your response.

“I’m serious!!”

“You didn’t bring your licence!”

“Yes, I did!” He grins.

“What if we get lost?!” You try to reason.

“GPS!” He simply replies.

He grabs your hands and starts doing some obnoxious aegyo, you swear he was such a child sometimes. You start laughing at his failed cuteness and give in to his demand.

Mark does rent a car and after he finishes all paperwork he drags you along with him like an excited puppy.

You drive for 55minutes before you reach the hotel, thanks to the GPS which proved to be a very useful invention.

When entering the hotel, you can’t help but gasp at the gorgeous interior.

You got to the front desk and did all the boring paperwork, then the bellboy guided you to your room, which was stunning. 
As soon as the bellboy was out of the room, Mark went to lock the door, while you threw yourself on the huge comfy bed, you didn’t realize how tired you were until you lied down.

Mark sees you sprawled on your stomach on the bed, he smiles mischievously and throws himself on top of you.

“Yah!! You’re so heavy~” You whine.

He just chuckles, and you feel his chest rambling against your back, it kinda tickles so you end up laughing.

You change into your matching pyjamas, you look at each other and laugh heartily, they were cute but a tad bit childish, considering they were Doremon pyjamas.

After poking fun at each other for a little bit, and a few silly selfies, you decide to call it a night, you snuggle into his chest and he wraps his arms around you protectively, and soon enough you were both in dreamland due to the long trip.

~• Next Day •~

You open your eyes to find Mark looking at you with a beautiful smile.

“Good morning sunshine!!” He greets with his deep, rich sleepy voice.

“Morning!! Staring is rude, you know?!” You playfully pout.

“Can’t help that I have a gorgeous girlfriend!! It’s hard not to stare!” He says with a dazzling smile.

You scrunched your nose at the cheesiness of his statement. He just chuckles peppering kisses all over your face, making you giggle.

“I’m hungry!!” You whine, snuggling further into his chest.

“Let’s go for breakfast then!!” He sat up, and you whine at the loss of his warmth. He laughs and pulls you up.

Mark went to take a shower first, and you lied down for a little bit more rest.

“Babe, your phone is ringing!!” You yell, as Mark’s phone rings nonstop.

“Just pick it up!” He yells back.

“Hello?!” You pick up.

“Hi! Peyar! Where’s Mark?! Where are you?! Why don’t you answer your phone?!” Jackson bombards you with questions at the other end of the line.

“Well, Mark is in the shower! My phone is dead! And we are in…?!” You tease.

“Come on!! I know you didn’t go anywhere!! You’re too much of a control freak!!” He states.

“Ha!! Think again, we are in Belarus🎵 ” You sing a song.

“WHAT?! I feel so betrayed right now!!!” He says 'sadly’.

“I’ll be sure to bring you something!!” You continue to rub it in his face.

“I don’t need your charity!!” He dramatically says.

After you hung up, and Mark was out of the shower, you hopped in to take one as well and get ready for the day.

After that you went to the 'Star cafe’ located in the hotel’s lobby. You had breakfast, then searched the internet for places to shop in Minsk.

One particular place caught your attention, the Stolista underground shopping center. 
You got directions, your money, keys and phones, then you were on your way.

When you arrived at the Independence Square which the shopping center was under, you took a few pictures, photography being one of your hobbies, you couldn’t waste such an opportunity.

You capture the beautiful red building represented in St. Simon and St. Elena cathedral, also the statues of St. George, V.I.Lenin, and the three flying stocks.

While you were trying to capture the beauty of the sights before your eyes, Mark was lost in your own beauty, following your every move, and getting lost in his thoughts, it was such a clear atmosphere.

Click~ the sound of the shutter near him, snapped Mark out of his thoughts, you took a picture of his side profile, he just looked too gorgeous not to capture.

He then posed for some silly pics and your laughter bubbles through the square, making him smile so wide at the sound he loves the most.

After being lost for a few minutes, you finally find the way towards the Stolista underground shopping center, it was huge and had everything you could think of, it wasn’t exactly a shopper’s paradise but it has everything necessary.

You shopped hand in hand, buying some clothes and other things that caught your eyes. You also couldn’t resist the bowling alley, so you play for a bit, and eat some freshly baked goods in one of the cafes around. 
It was fun shopping like this with Mark, it was rare but it was always fun.

After you were done shopping, you put the bags in the car, and look for places to go on the internet.

“If google wasn’t invented.. Everything would be so inconvenient!!” You comment as you scroll on your phone screen.

“I know right?! And people won’t find anywhere to ask their dumb questions!!” He laughs.

“Yeah!! Then Jackson won’t have anywhere to ask his questions!!” You laugh remembering Jackson’s very odd questions.

“We can go to Victory Square then the Island Of Tears!! They’re both not far from here according to google maps!!” You inform.

“Okay, I’ll just tell Scarlett here about it!!” Mark smiles mischievously.

“Excuse me?! Scarlett??!” You ask, silly as it may seem a little jealous he named the GPS after his celebrity crush.

“Yeah, don’t you think it’s a nice name!!” He teases, feigning oblivion.

You just scoff, and pout cutely.

“Scarlett, Victory Square!!” He tells the device and you grumble, causing him to laugh aloud.

“I love you when you’re jealous!! So cute~” He coos adoringly.

You stop a smile from forming on your lips. You just shrug at him and turn away. He chuckles grabbing your hand and intertwine his fingers with your own.

You arrive at the Victory Square in just 5 minutes, Mark parks the car, and you grab the camera ready to capture some great memories.

The glorious Eternal Flame stood tall and proud, representing a great piece of Belarus’s history as a part of the Soviet Union. You took some really nice pictures, then of course pictures of your loving, lovely man. He also snatched the camera to take your picture, you posed in a goofy way with the weirdest expressions. Causing both of you to burst into bubbly giggles.

After a lot of pictures and looking around, you decide to find a nearby restaurant to have a late lunch.
You devoured some delicious local cuisine, while looking at all the pictures you got from your two stops so far, laughing at some and wowing at some, you were surprised by your own photographic talent.

“Let’s take a pic to rub in the boys’ faces!!!” You grin evilly.

Mark chuckles “I love you, let’s do it!!” he poses with you and the delicious looking food, and sent it to their group chatroom.

'YOU GUYS ARE DEAD TO ME!!’ That was Jackson’s comment.

'So jealous T.T’ was Bam’s comment.

'Hyung, Noona, I miss you!’ Was sweet Yugyeom’s comment.

After you were done, you headed to the Island Of Tears, you were really anticipating this part, because people praised the small island very highly as a spiritual awakening.

It took only ten minutes to get there, you park somewhere then cross the bridge to get to the man made island, honoring the fallen soldiers, the statues of mourning wives looked very sad and it tugged at your heartstrings.

You took some pictures, you were surprised though there were newlyweds there taking pictures as well, and putting locks on the gate to the island.

Your curiosity took over and you check some of the locks, they all had names and dates on them.

“It’s kind of like Namsan tower!!” Mark commented.

“Yeah, but this place is just too beautiful, I find it captivating!” Your breath was taken by this place, it was truly painfully magnificent.

“We should put a lock too!!” He smiles.

“We’re not newlyweds?!”

“We’re not… yet! But eventually we will be! Might as well put one now!” He grins.

Your heart bursts at the sweetness hidden in his words, you can’t help but grin widely.
You buy a lock and put your names on it and the date as well, then lock it on the gate.

You find a bench and decide to sit down and bask in the fall’s evening breeze.

As you reflect on the statues of the mourning wives, you suddenly thought what would ever happen to you if something was to happen to Mark, just the thought of it killed you a million times.

“Mark, I really love you, you know that, right?!” You turn to face him, and quietly say, your eyes a little glossy.

“Of course, I know!! And I love you so much more!” He tilts your chin up to get a better look in your eyes.

“What’s wrong, my love?!” He asks sweetly.

“It’s just the sadness in their eyes, if I were to lose you, I think I would die!” You confess with a small voice, avoiding his eyes.

He makes you look into his eyes again, he plants the sweetest of kisses on your cherry lips. It was a savory kiss, full of all his love and dedication.

“I promise to not let that happen!!” He says against your lips, and seal his promise with another kiss.

~• Later in the hotel •~

You were lying on bed mindlessly scrolling through your social media sites, checking on the boys in the process, you hope they were enjoying their week long vacation as well, they deserve to.

While Mark was lying next to you with his head by your feet, and yours by his. He was doing his own scrolling on the world of internet.

You suddenly get a kakao message, it was from Mark, you chuckle to yourself.

'Want to go for dinner?!😍🌹 ’ the text said.

'Sure😘 let’s!’ You type back.

'Okay, I already reserved a table😊 be ready in ten!’ He replies.

“Ten?! Have you ever been a girl?! It’s impossible!!” You sat up.

“Okay, twenty!!” He sits up as well.

“Twenty?! Are you kidding?!”

“Thirty??!!” He says unsure.

“Okay, I’ll be ready in fifteen!!” You smile and leave him to go get ready. He just shakes his head laughing at your antics.

You wore a Column with Sleeves Mini Silver Lace Cocktail Dress, which you bought earlier without Mark knowing. The dress accented your curves and hugged your body tight. 
You style your hair in a faux Bob and put some makeup, and finish with the black heels you bought earlier.

You step out of the bathroom to see he already left, leaving a note behind.

'Dolce Vita, I’ll be waiting, my princess ;)’

You head to the sixth floor where the restaurant was. You see Mark sitting on a table near the piano and you go to him. 
He was dressed in a suit, matching the fancy atmosphere of the Italian restaurant, he always looked handsome in suits.

Mark saw you and he gaped, his eyes were sparkling and wide.

“You look… Wow!” He compliments as he pulls the chair out for you.

“Thanks, you look pretty wow yourself!!” You smile at him, as he continues to stare.

You have your romantic dinner, conversing together and laughing. It was full of sweet compliments and flirty conversations, it was a very much needed time to rekindle the fire of your relationship.

After the dinner, you go back to the hotel room and have a little adult fun.

~• Next Day, Day 2 •~

After having another morning round, you decide to go down to the hotel cafe for breakfast.

“What should we do today?!” You ask Mark who was busy playing with your fingers. He was way more affectionate than usual.

“Whatever you want, baby!! Ask google for advice!” He suggests with an adorable smile.

“Let’s just go and see where the road takes us!” You suggest.

Mark hums in agreement, he was in such a good mood today, being away from the stress and work, just the two of you, he was so relaxed and enjoying it.

Once you finish breakfast, you head out, excited for what awaits you in the beautiful city of Minsk.

You pass by a few museums and explore them, it was a very enriching experience. 
You enjoy the landmarks you pass by, taking pictures, being silly together and all lovey dovey.

After lunch you book online tickets for the Belarusian state circus, Russian circuses were quite famous, so might as well see what they have to offer.

Mark takes you to a beautiful garden to spend some quality time in the quiet. The Central Botanical Garden of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus was an astounding garden, with all sorts of flowers and statues. Mark was really content, and seeing him so happy, made you absolutely ecstatic.

You take pictures and buy ice cream from a small wooden house, then you just lie down in the grass in a secluded area, enjoying the sun and each other’s company.

“Babe…” Mark calls out, you hum a response, eyes still closed.

“We should make this a regular thing!!” He suggests.

“What?! Coming here?” You ask.

“I meant going on random vacations like this!!”

“You’re right!! We should!” You hold out your pinky “promise?!” You say cutely. 
He links his pinky with yours, “promise!” He grins, and seals the deal with a loving kiss, followed by a few more chaste, sweet ones.

When the time of the show was nearing, you made your way to the circus building which looked absolutely gorgeous on the outside, even more so on the inside.

It was a spectacular show as expected of a Russian circus, it contained everything from juggling games, to clowns, acrobats, magicians, everything, it was truly magnificent, as it brought you back to your childhood.

You then stumble upon a great place, the Doodah King bar, neither of you was a fan of bars but this place was different.

The decorations, the graffiti art on the walls and doors, and the music, everything was perfect.

It played western music, really old hits that you don’t hear often anymore. The best part, the music was live.

“This place is gorgeous!” You comment, sitting next to Mark on the bar stools. You sit in the corner, in your own world.

“Not as gorgeous as you!” He whispers, you laugh at his cheesiness, and he laughs along, simply because your laugh is contagious.

He sang a song on that small stage, and dedicated it to you. 
The song he sang was McFly’s 'All about you’, it was a sweet and endearing gesture from him.

You talk late in the night, enjoying the music and of course the snacks.

~• Day 3&4 •~

It’s safe to say that you and Mark haven’t left a place in Minsk without being explored.

You lived the last two days of your vacation to the fullest, making as much memories as you can, capturing all of them on camera, with pictures and videos, that you were bound to look back at and laugh.

The last evening you decide to go buy some gifts for the boys.

“Do we have to?!” Mark whines jokingly.

“Come on, they’re your younger brothers, be nice! Plus I feel a little guilty for stealing you away like this!!” You pout.

“Well aren’t you just too sweet!!” He says, hugging your waist and burying his face in the crook of your neck. “I love you!” He mumbles.

You buy some Russian dolls, and other cute souvenirs. Just to let them know, you were thinking about them.

~• Day 5 •~

You pack with double the stuff you came with, and go back to Seoul. The boys greet you at the airport because they missed you, and you go home together.

~~•• Several years later ••~~

“Why are we in the airport?!” Danny asks.

“We’re going on a trip!!” Mark grins widely.

“Dad are you serious?!” Min asks, dumbfounded, reminding Mark of her mother.

“We’re not even packed!!” Danny adds. He got that from his mother too.

“You sound like me!!” You smile adoringly at your 8year old son.

“Come on guys, it’ll be fun!!” Mark tries to convince them.

“Yeah, it’s a family tradition!!” You explain further.

Ready to make a new set of memories, to add to your collection. Mark was definitely the best thing that ever happened to you.

Danny and his 4year old sister Min nod their heads adorably.

This time though, the destination was set, Paris, France. 
You are gonna take them to Disneyland and show them all the amazing attractions of the gorgeous Paris.

Mark kept his promise and took you on a random trip twice a year, that is until the kids were born. This was the first trip you take together with your kids, and you were very excited about it.

You were ready to make a whole new set of memories to add to your amazing collection. Mark was really the best thing that ever happened to you. Your life only truly begun after meeting him.