BREAK - Baekhyun

A collection of my old stuff

01:30am!! The clock on the wall read, he’s still not home, he hasn’t even called, you were sitting on the dining table in the kitchen your eyes glued to the clock on the wall. Today, the boys had a schedule but it was cancelled you expected to hear from him but nothing, you heard no news from him whatsoever, you wanted to hear from him because lately you rarely saw each other and when you did you would argue about something stupid, you understood he was an idol but it seems like he doesn’t even try sometimes, you wanted a family not now of course but you just wanted to know that he does too in the future but he dismissed the matter every time, you were tired of trying to make this work alone. You heard jiggling of keys and you knew he was home, you sat there as you heard him open the door then close it, then taking his shoes off placing his keys in the bowl, and the sound of his steps coming your way, he entered the kitchen and took a glass of water and drank still not noticing you, he turned around and yelped upon seeing you sitting there “jagi..you scared me” he laughed nervously, you just stared at him not amused. He furrowed his eyebrows and sat oppose to you on the table “what’s wrong jagiya?”

“I didn’t hear from you today..i thought you would at least call since your schedule’s been cancelled and all ?” you said quietly.

“oh… I was going to but something came up”

“of course…something came up..” you replied quite sarcastically.

“what is that supposed to mean?” he raised his voice a bit.

“nothing baek it means nothing, please let’s not argue about this too” you said tiredly.

“it obviously means something, you know how busy my job is”

“I know that… but you had no schedule today all I wanted was a call or a text even, what came up that is so important you couldn’t even text your girlfriend”

“some seniors from the company wanted to treat us as a celebration for winning 1st place again I couldn’t just turn them down”

“you know what I’m really tired of being the only one working on this relationship” you sighed

“baek , honey…” you started and took his hands in yours  “look I love you I really do.. but i’m sick of arguing I think we should take a break, think things through, you need to sort your priorities and I want you to think of our future together if you wanted one or not and I’ll be here waiting” 

“b-b-but..” he was stuttered shocked 

“you know this what we need now” you gave him a sad smile.

“I know, I really love you, see you soon” he got up and kissed your forehead and with that he left. You felt sad watching his back as he left but this was the right thing to do now.

One week later:

You were having lunch with your friend who happened to be an SM staff member, you were gossiping and eating, until suddenly she decided to share some ‘inside information’ 

“are you and baekhyun doing okay ?” she asked curiously

“why are you asking?” you ask cautiously 

“I kind of saw something…” she trailed off, and became quiet

“well…” you urged her to keep talking

“he’s been hanging out with yejin lately and they seemed quite close” 

“yejin ??” she nodded “you mean yejin the model??” she nodded again “that little…ugh” you were angry, this past week you have been miserable, missing him like crazy, and he has apparently been getting friendly with yejin. ‘okay then two can play that game’ you thought to yourself, you were blinded by anger. 

Two days later:

You were at your workplace getting work done. Thinking of a way to get back at baekhyun, but someone interrupted your train of thoughts,  you turned around to see your co-worker, he has been hitting on you since his first day but you always dismissed his tries because you have a boyfriend or had…. You don’t know anymore “earth to ___-ah” he snapped out of your thoughts “sorry , I just have a lot on my mind, you were saying ??”

“I was saying we’re done for the day, how about some coffee?” he asked sweetly, he was such a nice guy, coffee won’t hurt right?

“okay, sure” you replied smiling at him. And you both left and went to the coffee shop across the road from your workplace, you entered and found a table, he pulled the chair for you then sat facing you, you ordered then started talking about work and other trivial things,  suddenly you saw baekhyun with sehun and chanyeol getting coffee it’s not odd to see him here considering the SM building wasn’t far away, your heart started beating faster seeing him and you felt a pain in your chest you missed him, he looked around and your eyes met and he looked to see the guy sitting across you, you saw anger in his eyes as he made his way towards your table, you were nervous incredibly nervous this is not good. He grabbed your wrist not caring about anyone or anything or any protest, he basically dragged you along until you reached the SM building being the closest private place around, he punched the code on the backdoor and made his way to their practice room, he opened the door revealing a sweaty tao and kai

“out, now” he barked at them to leave, they were surprised at how scary he was being and scrambled to get out, you stood there scared his hand still tight around your wrist which was starting to hurt “ow..baek you’re hurting me” you said, he only brought you closer to him by your wrist, your faces inches away “what the hell was that?” he asked through clenched teeth, his eyes were furious, jealousy was blinding him “why do you care?”

“I’m your boyfriend remember?”

“are you?”

“what?” he asked hurt and confused

“I heard baek… you and yejin…how could you?” tears were starting to form in your eyes

“yejin ? it’s a publicity stunt you know she’s like my little sister”

Suddenly the door opened revealing the boys, it was practice time. He let go of your wrist 

“we’ll talk when I get home” he told you and you bowed to the boys as they did and left.

That night :

You were lying on your back on the floor of the living room ever since you got home, you thought about everything how did you end up like this, you cried till your eyes dried out, and now you were waiting …

You heard keys jiggling then the door open then close, and him taking his shoes off and putting the keys in the bowl, then his steps coming towards you, you didn’t move, he appeared in your line of vision, he was calm apparently he was thinking too…

He lied down beside you, after a minute of silence he finally spoke “what happened to us ?” he asked quietly

”I don’t know …I think stress got to us”

“I’m sorry…I know I wasn’t the best boyfriend in the world but I really do love you __-ah I promise I’ll try harder, these past few days felt like years without you”

“I’m sorry too, I shouldn’t have believed the rumors, and it was really stupid of me to try and get back at you”

he took your hand and laced your fingers together and started rubbing your hand with his thumb

“I thought about it __-ah and I realized that I would be the luckiest man on earth if you would start a family with me, maybe not now but in the future I would love a mini-me running around the house and I would love them almost as much as I love you”  he took your interlocked hands and brought your hand to his lips and planted a sweet kiss on it, you blushed from his words and his sweet action, he then lifted his head and planted a longing kiss on your lips which you returned happily, both smiling into the kiss.