Chapter 9

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 9

 

“Ji hyo-yah, chebal...” Kang Gary gently begged his almost five-year-old daughter to take at least one bite. If you ask him if she is a good kid, he would only have praising to tell. Not because she’s his kid, but because she truly is amazing. She already knows to dress herself and prepare herself for bed. She speaks well even though she still struggles with some letters. She’s polite, smart and very curious for her age. The only thing that worries him is that she usually refuses to eat. Anything! He was desperate because if she continues with rejecting food she will get sick. He even took her to the pediatrician but all he said was that little children tend to refuse to eat. He tried with every sort of food he could think of but nothing worked. He scooped a full spoon of oatmeal and hovered it in front of little Ji Hyo. “Please, just one single spoon. That’s all I’m asking.” She just turned her little head away snuggling her stuffed toy closer to her bosom claiming that she’s not hungry.

 

“Oh, come on sweetie, try just a little.”

 

“I can’t, Appa. My tummy doesn’t want to eat anyfing.” She pouted and he pinches his nose trying hard not to lose control. He tried politely, it didn’t work. He promised her that they can go wherever she wants, she said that it’s ok, they don’t have to go anywhere. He thought about grounding her but to be true, he didn’t know how to ground her because she’s always well behaved and he didn’t want to scare her of food for life. He putted the spoon down and looked at his small girl. He bent down to kiss her on the top of her head.

 

“Honey, tell your favorite appa what do you want?”

 

“Appa, you awe my onwy appa.” She giggled throwing her small hands around his neck. He stood up with her hanging and then sneaked his hands around her tiny back. “I want to go to see gwandma.”

 

“You were yesterday with her. Today appa has a day off and wants to spend time with his only child.”

 

“Not that gwandma, othew gwandma. I want to see unnie, unkew and gwandpa too. Pwease?” She brought both of her palms together as if she was begging him.

 

“Well, it was quite a long time since we went there. Let’s give her a call to see if she’s available.” He liked the idea because not only he missed the woman and her family but he as well hoped that his daughter would at least be persuaded to eat something. That ‘gwanma’ can help him he was sure.

 

***

 

Song Ji Hyo was exhausted from all the CF, drama and show shootings. Almost two days in a row, she hasn't slept a wink. Running man sometimes comes as a vacation. Of course, she doesn’t rest (ok, occasionally she doze off in car riding), they constantly are on run performing various tasks but she feel much refreshed because she spends time with people that gradually became her family.

 

When she arrived home, she was too tired even though it was only early afternoon. She tripped from exhaustion, almost cracking her head on the edge of the table. If it weren’t for her younger brother, Sung Moon, she would probably ended in hospital. Luckily, she wasn’t heavy, so he scooped her into his arms and brought her to her old room. After she broke up with her boyfriend she came back to live with her family. She didn't want to admit but she was too lonely to live by herself therefore she came back with them. He was glad though. He loves his noona more than anyone in the world, even though she has one hell of a temper. He put her on her queen-sized bed, kissed her forehead, and called their mother to help her with changing.

 

Sung Moon’s pov

 

I have always wanted to be just like my noona -  witty, funny and good at acting profession. I have always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter