Chapter 13

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

                        For a whole month, Hee Gun was on constant running. Between shooting RM show, touring with Gil across the whole country, writing lyrics and making new songs, he felt as if he was torn on all sides. The times he could spend with his child were the most precious, most refreshing times. As soon as her little hands close around his neck he’s awakening, he feels alive. The morning after he came back, he thought he would have the chance to sleep in but sudden rattle in the kitchen woke him up. He quickly putted the shirt on and got out of the room.

            “What is going...” His voice died as he entered the kitchen. What he saw made his tiredness gone. His one and only daughter was sitting cross-legged on the kitchen counter, and pouring milk over cereals. Most of the cereals were out of the bowl just like the milk was all over place but the determination and concentration on his daughter’s face was the most adorable thing he had the chance to see. Realizing that someone is watching her, she slowly putted the too big jug on the kitchen counter and beamed at her father.

“Appa! Good morning! Look, a prepared us bweakfast. TomoRow is is my bifday.” She turned and slowly climbed down on the chair inviting him to sit beside her. “I’m a big girl now, right.” Ji Hyo proudly puffed her little chests. He almost laughed at her trying to say all the words correctly. For the last month, she has been practicing her letters and he already can see the progress.

“Good morning, Sunshine.” He joked making his way to his girl. He kissed her forehead and took the spoon. “You really are big girl. Look at you, preparing your old man breakfast.” He said after taking his first spoonful of cereal. Little girl beamed with her toothy smile.

“Appa, you arRe not old.’ She laughed at her silly dad. “Appa...” She called him and he raised his eyes to show her that she’s got his attention. “Gemma said to go and buy some gwo, gwos...gRoceries at the store.” She finished her last spoonful, went to the fridge and took the post-note from it. “Wook, this is what we have to buy.”

Hee Gun went through the list and told her daughter to get ready, they are going for a long walk and fun and on their way back they will go to the store. He was prepared to have a whole day of fun with his girl.

******

            When Ji Hyo’s alarm went off in the morning, a tingle of excitement ran through her whole body.  She wasn’t sure why but she felt refreshed as if she has got two days in a row of sleep instead of eight hour of decent one. Yesterday morning, her whole family left to visit and stay for a few days with their relatives and last night her mother told her that they are also invited to spend New Year there.

            Ji Hyo looked out of the window. It was a clear, crisp October day. Not too cold, not too warm, just perfect weather for cycling. With a smile on her face, she jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs into the kitchen to make herself a fresh cup of coffee. While the coffee brewed, Ji Hyo went upstairs, returning after a quick shower. She dressed casually since she was preparing to go for riding her bicycle. After pouring a cup of hot coffee for herself, she settled down in her favorite chair by the kitchen table and took her tablet. Since she started featuring in more MV’s, commercials, dramas and various shows, she was getting much more attention of fans and netizens. She loved her fans a lot, and she always tried to answer their questions but she has always been careful with her personal life. You can’t blame her for loving her privacy. After she broke up with her CEO three years ago, she tried to keep herself busy. She tried to engage herself in different activities so she could forget him. It wasn’t easy, especially since once in a while some article about her would pop out.

Taking a sip off her coffee, Ji hyo started reading the most recent articles about her. Most of them were related to either her works or her fellow co-cast RM member, Kang Gary. Netizens went crazy over the kiss she gave him in Shanghai. She didn’t know why everyone goes overboard over simple kiss on the cheek. They are friends not lovers. One of the article said that they are caught acting as real couple on airport. That title pricked her interest so she clicked the link to see what was it. After she saw the video, she was left speechless. Gary oppa told his manager to go first and take care of her because he was swirled in the sea of his fans. She remembered that day clearly. She was trying to stay close to him so that they don’t lose each other but fans were all over the airport. He stopped not only out of respect toward his fans but because he wanted to get her out of the crowd. She now knows why she suddenly lost him from her sight. He truly is a gentleman. As soon as she accepted that, she got embarrassed for misinterpreting many of his actions, not only towards her but also towards other females. Shaking her head to clear her mind, she went over to the fridge to take something for breakfast. Looking through it, she noticed that she’s out of the milk, eggs and meat. I guess it’s a grocery shopping in order, but only after my riding.

Mounting her bicycle, she went on the ride through the city. The air felt refreshing, the freedom she felt was incomparable. The chirping birds all over the nature, and the sights... Oh, she really enjoys the nature. On her way back home, she went to the grocery store hoping that at least today nobody would recognize her. She had her white mouth mask on, and she was dressed simply. She just hoped luck was on her side. She managed to take a few cuts of meat, and eggs and now only milk left. She went over to the side where the boxes of milk were arranged by the brand. Just as she was trying to reach the one she always buys, a person called her by her name. Out of habit, she turned and answered. The girl screamed, and started yelling ‘It’s Song Ji hyo, people come to see, it’s Song ji Hyo.’  She froze. At first, her mind was blank but soon she realized that she needed to escape. She went left but there were people already gathering, she turned and realized that other side was full as well.

Suddenly someone took her hand from behind and started dragging her. The only thing she could hear from the man was to just keep it quiet and follow him if she wants to get away from the crowd. Reluctantly, she obeyed. While he was dragging her, he took his hoodie and gave her. “Take this, so that they can lose the track of you.” She couldn’t see his face because it was covered with mouth mask. His voice was slightly muffled from the fabric. Ji Hyo obeyed the man, and dressed herself. After a few minutes of dodging people. she found herself in a small all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter