Chapter 27

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 27

Gary PoV

I had been really looking forward to getting to see Seong –im once more before the weekend, and then when I was finally there in the room with bunch of other people, waiting for her, and her never showing up, all I wanted to do was to get back home. I felt so awkward in the room, listening about my own deep feelings toward the woman who probably didn’t want to see me, ever again.

            I couldn’t wait for Ji Hyo, not after they offered to show me her own scans. It didn’t felt right to hear about it without her in the room. They probably made her results to look as if she loves me as a friend back then but the truth must be different. She really couldn’t stand me at some point, and even though we spent that drunken night together... it didn’t seem as if she cares. Also, there’s this little moment when I almost gave myself a hope. I wanted to know but I just couldn’t.... I would rather die slowly.

            When we were together, oh man... everything was perfect. Hell, even when we weren’t in relationship but were good friends everything was ok with me. Surely, I struggled with getting her to talk with me but still. Now, I find myself regretting the idea of ever joining the RM cast. I gained love from hyungs and dongsaengs, but I fell in love with a wrong woman, and my baby...she will get seriously sick if I don’t play everything well.

Walking with all this thoughts inside my head made me feel quite tired. I just wanted to sit down and do nothing. But I have a blind date with some woman mother set me up with. She said the woman is pretty but what I saw waiting for me was much more than pretty. Beautiful. She must have recognized me from the pictures my mom showed her because she raised her hand to show me where to come. I was nervous. After all, she could be my future wife and my daughter’s mother. When I approached, she greeted me with infectious smile. Even her eyes smiled showing little wrinkles at the edges. She must be closer to my age, which was fine with me.

“Good afternoon, my name is Kang Hee Gun.” I politely introduced myself and offered her my hand, waiting to hear her name.

“Good afternoon Mr. Kang. Your hands are soft,” she blurted out of the blue, shaking my hand nervously. I found myself thinking ’Wait till I show you what I can do with them’. Don’t blame me, I’m a healthy bloke and she’s beyond y. However, I kept my mouth shut trying not to laugh. I smile at her nonverbaly asking her to take her seat. She was obviously embarrassed because as soon as she sat closed her eyes and bit her lip. That move seemed a bit familiar, though I didn’t know why. Without opening her lids, she kept speaking. “That came out...sorry...I’m Son A-young.” The woman finally said with confidence. Her voice sounded melodious to my ears.

“I must say the name suits you Miss Son.” Of course, I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t flirt a bit however, I haven’t expected of her to blush at the simple but true compliment. “I apologize for being late. Hope you didn’t wait too long for me.”

“Thank you, and not at all. I just came. I was afraid you would be the one waiting since somehow I’m always the one who’s late.” She’s even cute, in a clumsy sort of way. She acts like an innocent school girl. Very cute but y at the same time. I opened my mouth to say something when a waiter came to take our orders. Since it was already a lunchtime we ordered a few dishes. Something pulled me to get to know the woman in front of me.

“Sorry about the hands thing. I was a little nervous, and when I’m nervous I tend to say the first thing that pops into my head.” Miss Son said with a blush on her cheeks. How can a woman of her age be so much innocent is beyond me.

“Hey, you can compliment me any time.” I said joking and when she smiled back, all I wanted was to make her laugh.  Therefore, I deadpanned.  “We can discuss my many faults over the appetizers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter