Chapter 29

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

 

There's nothing a parent wouldn't do so that their children never suffer, feel any pain or sorrow. Kang Hee Gun is one of those parents, however as soon as the thought that his daughter went missing he flipped. He didn't know what to do, feeling rather helpless. To put it in simplest way, he felt like a boy who just lost himself in the big bad world and nobody wants him. Constantly thinking about their conversation they had this morning made him angry with himself. If he only talked with her some more.

 

Currently, A-Young, his childhood best friend was driving them to the daycare trying to get as much info as she could from shocked Gary.

 

"What did the teacher said?"

 

"That she hasn’t entered the daycare building in the first place. How's that possible?" He asked himself. Millions of scenarios were playing in his head and one of them was that anti-fans found out he has a daughter and someone kidnapped her for whatever reason. He didn't even realize that they pulled up in front of the daycare. Luckily, A-young was there with him or he would be lost the moment he heard his daughter disappeared. His friend helped him with his focus. By grabbing his shirt collar.

 

"Yo, man! Wake up." She said bringing her face close to his own so he could focus his eyes on her own. "Don't lose yourself. Your baby needs you now so don't go all sissy on me now." Just like when they were kids and he needed some self-esteem, A-young would do what she just did and miraculously, he would gets all the courage he needed. Focusing his eyes on hers, he nodded firmly. "That's my boy. Now, let’s go and find my little niece."

 

When they met with teacher and heard from her own mouth, everything became much clearer. She told them that she called the nanny and that is when they both realized that the child is missing. The girl, Ji hyo's nanny was beyond terrified, so much she only managed to sit on the floor, constantly repeating to herself 'How could this happen?' That's how Gary found her and he almost went to beat the crap out of girl. Thankfully, A-young stopped him saying that the girl is just a teenager, and she's probably already biting her own head off. Calming himself Gary went and sat beside the teenager while A-young called the police.

 

"Min-yah, what happened?" Gary asked as calmly as he could considering the circumstances. The girl looked much smaller than usual and Gary took a pity on her. One day his own child could find herself in the same position and he wouldn't like someone (anyone) treat his daughter badly. Either way, he knew Min since she was a toddler; therefore, he felt the need to treat her as if he would his own kid.

 

"Mr. Kang? Oh, God...." She started crying and explaining at the same time. "I'm soo sorry. I didn't expect..." She couldn't speak from the tears. Gary tried to sooth her by putting his hand on her head and patting her gently.

 

"It's all right. We will find her but I need you to calm down so you can tell me what happened." Min took a deep breath and went on explaining how for the first time in a last two month Ji Hyo didn't complain about going at the daycare, which she found strange. Either way she took her thinking how the child realized that there's no point in arguing back. Little Ji Hyo even insisted on entering the daycare by herself and though Min argued a bit, little girl won.

 

"So...you didn't saw her entering?" Gary waited for a few moments realizing that Min was confused from the entire trauma. When she started crying and shaking her head, Gary realized what really happened. Their conversation from the morning, her lately behavior and now this with Min. It was clear as a day. His daughter ran away.

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

Almost two hours passed and the police couldn't find anything but the video from the CCTV near the school that clearly shows that the girl went in the direction of the bus station. Gary searched his house for clues, called almost anyone he could think of whom Ji hyo could have gone to. Nobody knew a thing. Only Cheon family left, though Song Ji Hyo called him about five times in the last fifteen minutes, however he didn't had the time for her. Before he dialed the wanted number, he received a message. From Mong Ji.

 

*Yah, Pabo... answer the damn phone, I’m driving. It's about Mini-me*

 

At first he was confused but then he remembered when Hwang Soo told him about his Mong Ji rehearing to his daughter as 'Mini-me' because of their names. He didn't wait a second he dialed her number. She explained him where he should come and to try to not over react when he gets there. The relief washed all over him. He will finally hold his Ji Hyo in his arms.

 

.......................................

 

Song Ji Hyo PoV

 

When I pulled up close to the yet another playground/amusement park I was praying that it was the right one. When I literally ran out of the building I wascfilming for my drama, my manager wanted to strangle me. Especially since I didn’t even explain what was the reason I needed to leave. I simply couldn’t afford the time to explain anything but I told her that I do have a good reason.

 

To tell the truth, even I was confused. I mean, why would little Ji Hyo call me? But that is not important. All I could think about was the the sadness, fright and helplessness in the little girl’s voice. Looking around I tried to see if there’s any clue that little girl could be there. I asked almost every single passenger if they saw little girl but no one was helpful. I felt terrible, on the verge of the tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter