Chapter 26

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N> First, sorry for the wait up. Thank you all for all the comments my dear readers left and I'm truly thankful for the your love and support of the story. There's so much I want to tell through the story but I just can find the right words. It's not easy to write in language that is not your first tongue. Anyhow, thak you once again. And now, on with the story.

                                 

Chapter 26

Whispers only got louder though she couldn’t even hear the words that were said. Kang Ji Hyo sat on the swing holding tightly with both of her hands. The children around her were playing by themselves, but still were pointing at her direction, accusingly, their words the same as always. “You have no mommy, and now you won’t have daddy.” Though the words hurt, she didn’t paid them attention. She brought her little head up and realized the children are gone and she’s alone. Her father on the entrance of the playground saying his last farewell with a wave. She jumped of the swings and started running toward him but she couldn’t catch him. The closer she gets, the furthest he is and she’s crying...”Appa, appa....” Her father turned and called her back but he’s too far “ Ji Hyo-yah....”

“Ji hyo, sweetie wake up... it’s only a nightmare. Wake up, appa’s here.” Little Ji Hyo woke up with a start finding herself in her father’s arms. She clanged to him as hard as she could though she felt quite weak. Once again, she had the same nightmare, that her father is gone. That he left her just like her mother did before she had the chance to meet her.

“Are you all right baby?” Her father asked her and she only nodded embarrassed because once again she wet her bed. Her father assured her that it’s ok, it happens but she knows that boys and girls her age don’t have this kind of accidents. Her friends do not wet their beds at night.

A few days ago, her father took her where he and other’s ahjussis were filming an episode for her favorite show, Running Man. She was happy because she could see her adopted uncles she missed very much. She played with auntie Hyorin and she mistakenly entered Ji Hyo Ahjuma’s trailer. She didn’t know it was hers because she was running to hide but that ahjuma scared her when she yelled and threw her backpack. Afterwards, she played nice and she was very pretty when she smiled at her. Maybe that’s why her appa loves her. Because she’s pretty when smiling.

After breakfast, her father’s manager called her daddy and he had to go to meet him somewhere. Little Ji hyo also knew her father has to go on yet another blind date her grandmother arranged. Though she didn’t know what exactly means ‘blind date’ she was afraid of those things. Like last time, her father called her baby-sitter and now they were waiting for her. That’s when Ji Hyo decided to speak up.

“Appa, you are sad aren’t you?” Her father was surprised she spoke up. It was quite a long time since she spoke in front of him, or any other one.

“Ji Hyo-yah? Is Daddy hearing things or you just spoken to me?” Ji Hyo’s father asked not believing his own ears. It’s been quite some time since he heard her voice. He really missed it. On the other hand, little girl paid no attention to his surprised look but repeated her own question.

“Appa is now very happy, because he heard his favorite daughter’s voice. Not sad at all.” With content smile Ji Hyo father took his snapback and put it on his head.

“Appa is sad. I know. I see...” Little Ji Hyo’s eyes started tearing but she quickly brushed her eyes not wanting to cry in front of her father. “Appa doesn’t smile like before... Like when Ahjuma was his Monday girlfriend.”

“Hey, baby... I’m not going to lie to you. Appa is a bit sad because of it but don’t worry. Now your grandma is arranging me a blind dates and soon I will find someone both you and me would like to have around. Ok?”

“What is a blind date? Is it where blind people go to date?” Her father smiled at her innocent and childish way of thinking, therefore he explained to her. He told her that it’s arranged meeting between man and a woman who doesn’t know each other but if they find their interests similar, they end up married. That means she gets a mother, that how Ji Hyo interpreted it. She didn’t want that though. She didn’t want her father to be with someone he doesn’t love because of her.

“I DON”T WANT MOMMY!” She yelled thumping with her leg on the floor. “If I... If I wasn’t here Ahjuma Ji Hyo would be here with you appa.” She said through tears reaching to hug her father tightly.

“I don’t want you to ever say something like that, Ji Hyo-yah.” He hugged her closer while her hiccups subsided and before he could talk further with her about the issue, Ji Hyo’s baby-sitter entered their home. Ji Hyo’s father soon left to meet his manager leaving Ji Hyo in baby sitter’s care.

....................................................................................................................................................

Kang Hee Gun stepped into the SBS building still feeling restless. His daughter worried him more with each passing day. And not just him. His mother noticed how much the once bubbly girl retreated into herself. That’s why his mother arranges blind date after date for him, so he could find a perfect woman to be his daughter’s mother. However, he simply couldn’t bring his heart into it. With a sigh, he entered in one of the offices he supposes to meet his manager.

What he didn’t expected was more people in the room beside his manager. And not just any people. His eyes met RM PD, his own manager, Yoo Jae Suk, their leader; even Song Ji Hyo’s manager was there. For some reason, Professor Kim Byung Jun was there, this time without his white robe. Hee Gun felt as if each one of them stares at him with some sort of suspicion. With respect and forced smile, he greeted them all.

“What’s going on?” Hee Gun nervously whispered to his manager after he took his seat beside him. His manager took a breath and puffed his cheeks out not sure how to explain what is happening. The ever-fearless leader, Yoo Jae Suk took the role and explained to him. For what Kang Hee Goon understood, he could be late for his next appointment.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

“Come noona, hurry!” Kwang Soo ran dragging still half-asleep Song Ji Hyo through the SBS building. Though he needn’t to be present for whatever they called Ji Hyo, he would always be there to give her his full support. Without giving her time to take a breath he opened the door and almost threw her inside. She almost turned to slap him, however the number of people inside the meeting room surprise her and stopped her from expressing her not so lady like behaviour.

“Ah, you’re finally here.” Manager Park stood up, took her hands and led her to the table. “Since you’re late, we already e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter