Chapter 15

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

If someone asked him, Hee Gun would confidently say that he’s happy with his life. Off course, it could be better, but he’s fine with what he already accomplished. Today is his precious daughter fifth birthday and like every year he makes spectacular birthday party for her. When little Ji Hyo woke up this morning she crashed into her father’s room and literarily started jumping on him trying to wake him up so that they can go and pick up her grandparents from their home. He asked his little girl why is she that happy on her birthday. Her answer almost made him cry. Because, daddy, my whole family is together. I’m happiest when appa is with me.

 

            After breakfast, they went to pick up Hee Gun’s parents and almost instantly, his mother started nagging him about when will he get married and should she set him up a few blind dates. He just rolled his eyes and dismissed her saying that he already has perfect girl by his side, his daughter, which made the girl beam at him with huge smile on her face. However, deep down he knew that his daughter needs a mother and that soon he wouldn’t have choice but to accept his mother’s proposals.

 

Little Ji Hyo had the time of her life. She mostly doesn’t remember her previous birthday parties, except the one from last year, but this time she thinks it will be the best. When her grandfather asked her why she is so sure that it would be the best, she was just smiling her hidden smile. Later Hee Gun explained them that she’s happy because her whole family would be here, and by that, she means not only her blood relative, but her adopted uncles and aunties as well.

 

            “...and Kwang Soo oppa will come.” little Ji Hyo listed all the guests she hoped would come, especially Running man’s family. “Only Ji Hyo auntie, anyo, Ji Hyo ahjuma won’t come.” As soon as that word came out of her little mouth, Hee Gun whipped his head in her direction. Why suddenly her daughter would call Ji Hyo ahjuma when just yesterday she was proudly calling her auntie? His parents noticed his reaction and both looked for an explanation, which never came.

 

The party officially started at five in afternoon, and almost every child from Ji Hyo’s daycare came to celebrate it with her. Hee Gun didn’t have to tell them twice that they could go and play with all sorts of toys he provided them with. Soon after all children’s parents, left with promising that they’ll will come back in two or three hours, Hee Gun’s friends started coming. Gil and Jae Suk were first ones. His mom went in her fan-girl (woman? granny?) mode when she saw Jae Suk, international comedian, while his father was rolling his eyes because of his wife’s reaction. Jong Koog called them earlier to apologize for not being able to come due to impromptu schedule, but Ji Hyo was still happy that he congratulated her over phone.

 

            When Kwang Soo came, the birthday girl screamed of happiness. Hee Gun could even bet on the fact that if only Kwang Soo came she would still be the happiest girl in the world.  After awhile, he had to explain her that she can’t leave her friends by themselves because they soon would have to leave and her favorite oppa will stay longer. She ran away to her friends taking a full bag of candies for them to eat. Hee Gun, as he was a regular on RM, he had more than one idea for organizing games for children. He could see on children’s faces that they had the time of their life. While youngest guests watched children’s play one of his friends organized, with his parents and Gil as supervisors, he talked with Kwang Soo.

 

“Hyung, I never imagined that a children’s party can be this fun. Just looking at them reminds me of us on RM. You sure know how to party.” Kwang Soo praised his hyung. He didn’t expect that it would be fun for them, but Hee Gun had separate rooms just for children so that even grownups can have their own party. Off course, he had a condition – no drinking while children are around, but soon as they leave and little Ji Hyo goes to bed, they can celebrate with alcohol.

 

“I’m glad you are enjoying it.” Hee Gun looked around seeing that other’s enjoys themselves as well. Only, he was missing someone. Kwang Soo observed him and realized that his hyungs eyes tell more than his calm face would ever. It was in his nature to be curious, and he had to satisfy his curiosity. He just had to make his hyung talk.

 

“Too bad Ji Hyo noona’s not here.” Kwang Soo said nonchalantly but with hidden agenda. As soon as she came up in their conversation, a slight blush appeared on Hee Goon’s face. Soon he realized why.

 

“She’s busy, therefore it’s ok.” Hee Gun lied. Yes, Kwang Soo knew that Hee Gun already knows that Ji Hyo is not busy with anything but he still lied to cover for her even though he should be angry with her for avoiding him.

 

“So, that means you invited noona?” He asked, and Hee Gun realized that he was caught. He tried one more time to make up some lie but soon realized that it’s in vain.  

 

“Yes. Well, kind of. I actually asked her to go with mi on lunch so I could finally tell her about little Ji Hyo. I hoped she would accept so I could make my girl happy and meet them. However, she avoided talking with me, just like she always does.” He commented, and though he should be angry, Kwang Soo only detected sadness. How this man can have such deep feelings when it comes to noona, he would never understand.

 

“You asked her before? I mean to talk with her about little princess?” Kwang Soo had to find out if Hee Gun even tried to tell her, because, with their close friendship it sure should be more trust.

 

“Are you kidding me? Of course I did. I tried to tell her way before you guys found out!” Hee Gun defended himself, hurt that his dongsaeng would think that he would try to hide the truth from her forever.

 

“Chincha? When?” Jae Suk joined them after hearing the last bit of the conversation. Hee Gun looked at the men thinking if he should answer. Hell, there’s nothing to lose.

 

“The first time I almost blurted out that my daughter has the same name, hyung. That was almost after few months of knowing her. Then we started to get closer because of our ‘love line’ and each time I wanted to tell her.” While telling the story, Hee Gun was looking at some invisible dot in the distance, then glanced into the man her respects a lot, Jae Suk, but soon he focused his eyes on Kwang Soo. “Kwang Soo-yah, I know that we have this older-younger brother relationship, but I consider you my friend.” He knew how their Giraffe is close with Song Ji Hyo, but he didn’t hesitated.  “In past I was more than swayed by Ji...ah... Seong-im. Not just because of her looks, ‘cause let’s face it, she’s beautiful. I fell for her personality, but she hasn’t felt a thing for me. Quite the opposite, she couldn’t stand me.”

 

“Aniyo, hyung. It wasn’t like that.” Kwang Soo defended his favorite noona, not just because she was his friend but because he knew her too well to know that, if not immediately, then gradually Ji Hyo noona did fell for Kang Gary. The man just smiled at Kwang Soo.

 

“I know that it was exactly like that, I heard it with my own ears. Anyway, we got closer after that and I wanted to confess her, not just about me being a single dad, but my feelings towards her that were stronger than ever. For the first time after three years, she accepted my invitation to have a coffee after one of our shootings and before I could tell her about my girl, she beat me with her own confession. She wanted Monday couple to end because she was in relationship.”

 

“Oh... Now I know why you’re so sour that day. However, after they broke up, you guys seemed to get even closer. You even made a cameo in her drama.” Though Jae Suk usually knows ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter