Chapter 22

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr. Cheon can't remember the last time he saw his eldest child happy as she was for the past few days. She kept smiling at everything she sees, she's humming all the time and even when she hasn't had enough of sleep, she keeps smiling like a fool. As usualy she space out once in a while but never with a frown on her face. He was aware of her newfound relationship with that boy he came to think of as one of his sons, however he knew that his little girl has no knowledge about her partner having a child himself. He could understand the man for hiding his daughter for so long from the woman he loves. Hee Gun does it to protect his kid from being emotionaly hurt. 

Thinking about lityle Ji Hyo made him remember the last time she was at his home, only a few days after her birthday. He knew how much she likes pictures so he bought her a camera for her birthday and since then, she's photographing everything that comes into her sight and slowly she becomes better and better in it. He and little Ji Hyo formed a very special bond, like the one where they has no secrets which is why she got angry at him for not telling her about Song Ji Hyo being his daughter. However, she admited much more than that day.

* flashback*

"Grandpa, though it wasn't nice of you to hide Miss Song from me, I forgive you because you are the grandpa of my heart." She hugged him and kissed his cheek and he realized just how much he missed the kid. 

"Grandpa is sorry and is promising that it's not going to happen again." He hugged her back kissing her forehead tenderly.

"Grandpa, where is she now?" The kid asked hopfuly however he had to disappoint her telling her that his daughter is busy with something. He changed the topic by asking her about her birthday party. She happily told him everything about it.

"..and we played a lot, and Kwang Soo oppa was there and he gave me the biggest bear. It's bigger than I am." Little girl exhuberly showed him the size of the bear with her hands. "And then everyone sang me a birthday song and I blowed the candles." She finised in one breath.

"Really? And did you make a wish?"

"Off course, appa reminded me."

"And what did you wish for?" He asked her and after a minute of conteplating she answered.

"Well since it's for appa, I can tell you but you apsolutely have to promise not to tell enyone, until it comes true." Therefore he promissed. "I whished for appa to find someone who will love him."

"So you want him to find you mommy?"

"No, not anymore. Appa is always thinking of me so I decided that I don't need mommy. But appa is sad so he needs girlfriend to make him happy."

"And you think my daughter can be that girl?"

"If she make him happy, than ok. If she's not it's ok too."

"But don't you want her to be your mommy?" She blinked twice and answered as if she doesn't care. However her eyes betreyed her sadness.

"That ahjuma dosn't want ME." Little girl said and focused her thoughts on drawing. She suddenly wasn't for conversation anymore.

*end flashback*

 Song Ji Hyo's father was hurting for the little girl. It was obvious she's suffering after geting an idea in her head that Seong-Im doesn't want her. He sighed loudly when his eldest daughter came and hugged him from behind. 

"Appa, what's going on? Are you ok?" Seong Im asked after planting a single kiss on her father's cheek.

"My child, I'm well when my children are happy. Seong Im, you happy?" He asked taking her delicate hand in his rather large one bringing her down to sit beside him on the sofa. Seong In snugled closer to her dad enjoying the rare moments when she can pretend to be little kid.

"Yes I am. I know that Gary oppa and I are just a few days together but I feel happiness. I can't believe it myself." She said excitely but then she rememberd how she found her father sighting. She asked him once again if he's ok. He thought for a few moments then decided to tell her something.

"I'm all right. It's....I have this friend who has a little dilemma, so I was thinking about the way to help him." He waited for her answer ans soon he got the reaction he needed

"Oh.. Is it ok if you tell me what's the problem?"

"Of course, I need as much opinions about the matter as I can get. Anyway, this friend of mine is much younger and, though he had a lot of expiriences, he still has to go long way. You see, he's a single father of a little five year old girl. And that girl means the world to him." Yes, he decided to see what his daughter would have to say about the matter that concernes both her and the man she loves.

"Sigle father?"

"Yes. The girl's mother died at childbirth and they never got married. However, that man has girlfriend and he still hasn't told her about him having a child."

"Chincha? Is the relationship serious?" She asked with interest. She was sure that if it is that is the case, the woman would be hurt.

"Kind off. Anyway, he's afraid that his child will be hurt if the woman doesn't accept her, therefore he deleyed for quite long time to tell her. And trust me, the baby girl already loves the woman with her whole heart." Seong Im had her dazed look but her father knew that she's thinking about what he said.

"Well..." She finaly spoke. "I think he should have told her about the kid. Maybe she doesn't want to have an instant family." Her father didn't know but somehow he felt disapointed. So he asked her what would she do if she was in the said woman's place. "I don't know dad. I know I'm alredy in the age to think about having a family, but I'm not sure I want it yet. However, I would be mad at the man for not telling me about the kid. Not telling is equal to lie. And you know I hate lies." Mr. Cheon knew his daughter well but somehow he wished she would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter