Chapter 4

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

 

Christmas party 2015

 

Every year for the past four years, SBS organizes Christmas' parties a day before the Christmas Eve for all the ‘‘Running man's cast and crew. The party starts earlier in the afternoon, because many of them have their families and can’t stay late in the night. Somehow, Kwang Soo is always the first one to come while Ji Hyo always is the last one to arrive. This time though Ji Hyo made sure to come earlier. She didn't want to come alone so she brought her friend and manager. As soon as they entered the hall, she spotted the tall frame of her fellow colleague. Waving with her hands, she gave him a sign to join them. With a big smile, the Kwangvatar greeted both of them complimenting their beauty.

 

"Wow, Ji Hyo noona, you are early this time? What could be the reason?" Kwang Soo half asked stated, complimenting both of them. Ji Hyo's dress was stunning, more because of her own beauty than the dress itself. Her rich red dress hugged her perfectly on all the right places. A simple diamond earrings and matching necklace making her shine. Her manager was beautiful as well in her dark green floor length dress. Together they create a perfect harmony in the colors of the holyday.

 

"You of course!" She joked making her young friend laugh. "Is everybody here yet?" Ji hyo asked hopefully. 

 

"Of course everyone's here... You have to accept the fact that no matter when you decide to come you'll always be the last. It's just the way it is." The man acting as if he was sorry for her 'destiny'. She went to slap him but het manager stopped her.

 

"Ji Hyo-yah, Kwang Soo -yah, stop with the bickering. Argh, I can't stand you kids. I'm going to talk with some real man." Both Ji Hyo and Hwang Soo looked sheepishly bowing their heads in apology. They both burst in laugh when her manager unnie walked over to Gary. So much talk about real man. Ji Hyo couldn't help but feel something strange when she saw her on and off fake boyfriend talking and laughing so carefree. Hwang Soo pushed her by the shoulder to get her attention.

 

"Noona, what do you think they're talking about? I'm going to ask them." He didn't wait for her reply, but in only a few long steps he left her alone. She looked around the large room, taking in everything at once. All men were dressed smartly in their tuxedos’ while women had their beautiful dresses on. She walked and greeted everyone. Somehow, her eyes again landed on her manager and Gary. They were obviously enjoying their conversation. She made a step towards them but someone suddenly blocked her view. Haha oppa was standing in front of her.

 

"Ji Hyo -yah, how are you?" He noticed her eyes fixed at something behind him so he turned around. His brother Gary was engrossed in conversation with a very pretty woman. He recognized her as Ji Hyo's manager.

 

"Hm!" Ji Hyo answered distractedly, not even hearing his question. "What did you said oppa?"

 

Haha changed his tactic. "I said, they look good together." She looked at him with her eyes wide open. Then started laughing.

 

"Look good? Hahha... oppa you are funny. They, he doesn't look... She's way too much pretty for..." She tried to explain but the words stuck in . Haha's smile dropped and he looked at her seriously.

"Ji Hyo-yah, oppa is going to give you an advice. Don't judge people by their look." She tried to protest, that she’s not l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter