Chapter 11

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

This is a first. Gary has never, not once since he started with variety show ‘Running man’, he has never overslept and got late for shooting. He has stayed awake all night watching over his daughter who was burning with fever and tummy ache. Luckily, her fever reduced in the crack of the dawn so he could sleep almost an hour before he had to get up and leave after entrusting his daughter to her nanny. Recently, his daughter started disobeying him, throwing tantrums when she can’t get her own way, refusing to eat properly, overall she started rebelling and he didn’t know why.

When he arrived at their shooting destination, many were surprised that he was late for the first time. He apologized to everyone for waiting him and soon everyone believed that what Ji Hyo said was true, that he was clubbing all night so that is why he was late and tired. He didn’t want to correct her since he would rather for them to think that he’s wild, a bad boy than a single father. The cast found themselves tangled up in very stressful games. Every room was full of unique surprises and mysteries. And it turns out everything was Kwang Soo’s set up. Gary was frustrated and sleep deprived to the point of wanting to pull his hair off. They filmed almost all day and all he wanted was to see his daughter. He texted a few times to check up on his kid and he was relieved to hear that she’s all right. In only few days it’s little Ji Hyo’s birthday and he hoped her rebelling phase would pass until then. Around seven in the evening, they finished with shootings and before he could protest, Ji Hyo and her manager somehow ended in his car.

“Oppa, sorry for using you as our driver.” Ji Hyo’s manager apologized for tenth time already. Their car broke down and only Gary was going in the same direction as the two women now occupying his backseats. “If it wasn’t this late we would wait for car substitution but you already know how tiring that can be.”

“Aish, no worries. After all as an oppa I’m dutiful to help my dongsaengs, and I’m always ready to help beautiful ladies in distress.” Gary replies smoothly looking at them on his rear mirror and making Miss Park giggling at his words. It’s true, since he was little his parents thought him how to treat a lady, and though he wasn’t an ideal son to his parents, the respect for women is planted in him for life.

Song Ji Hyo rolled her eyes on his cheesy line but more because it wasn’t directed to her but to her manager.

“Ah, oppa, you and your cheesy lines are old as Bible. When are you going to stop with them?” Ji Hyo snapped at him and found herself surprised at her own reaction. She knew she went overboard as soon as she saw his expression in the mirror. Pabo. She scolds herself while her manager shoved her with her elbow. She wanted to apologize instantly but he answered before she found her voice.

“Actually, Ji Hyo-yah, that wasn’t cheesy, at least not from my point of view. I was just telling the truth. At least you...” he points at her through the mirror, “should’ve know by now what kind of cheesy lines I say. I gave you plenty of them through the years.” Miss Park giggled when Ji hyo’s eyes went larger at his scolding and Gary smiled at her through the mirror. “Of course, If you don’t want me to refer to you as a beautiful lady, then it’s ok. That title sure suits your manager unnie though.”

More frowning and blushing could have been seen on his rear mirror. He hated that he had to scold Ji Hyo, but he was tired and sick of her jabbing him whenever he says something to her or anyone else. Just a while ago, she wanted him to kiss her so she could remember how kissing looks like, she hugs him comfortably and just as comfortably, she shows him off. She smiles and laughs at his jokes and she  looks like she cares for him as a friend but there she go insulting him over and over again. She truly makes him confused. The silence lasted until Miss Park got out off the car close to her residence but not before she and Gary arranged to go on another lunch. This prickled Ji Hyo’s ears and they explained her that they found out that they both enjoy the same dishes and that they decided to visit every restaurant in Seoul just so that they can compare the dishes. Ji Hyou realized that her manager unnie and Gary oppa are quite close and for some reason she didn’t like that, not at all.

Now they were alone and about fifteen more minutes and she will be out of his car. She don’t know why but she feels awkward that he’s driving her home. Out of all RM’s cast, Kwang Soo is the only one who knows where she lives because he visited her in more than one occasion. There are times she really wants to bring Gary oppa to her house, especially because her siblings and her parents are fan of his. She herself is his fan and she has all his albums in her collection. Not to mention her IPod playlist or few posters of him as LeeSsang’s member. She looks around the car and her eyes fall on a snapback at his front seat. Without a word she slips through the crack between two front seats grabs it and sits right beside Gary startling him in process.

“Yah,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter