Chapter 12

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

Kang Hee Gun was in the kitchen, making himself busy preparing breakfast for two while his daughter was in the bathroom doing her morning routine. He looked calm as always but his mind weren’t nearly calmed as his face portrays. His mind was full of thoughts of how to deal with his little Ji Hyo. Yesterday she told him that she doesn’t want to go to her pretend “grandparents” when they called her. He found it strange since she never rejected such offer. Almost a week ago, she told him to stop reading her and tucking her in before sleep. He knows that she can’t fall asleep properly if he or his own mother, her grandma that resulted in her having nightmares, does not tuck her in. By the way his daughter was looking at him, he realized that she’s angry with him. He wanted to know why but he didn’t know how to find out since she ignores him completely.

Suddenly his phone rang and he put the spatula down so he could answer it. With his phone tucked between his ear and shoulder, Hee Gun continues with his cooking.

“Yoboseyo?” He politely answered the phone placing the last pancake onto the plate.

“Anyonhaseyo!” A cheerful voice could be heard over the phone as soon as he answered.

“Oh! Dong-hoon-ah. What’s up?” Hee Gun responds equally cheerful happy to hear his friend.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” His younger friend asks, and he could hear a soft crying of the baby.

“I just finished making pancakes. When you guys are coming?” Haha and he talked a few days ago about little Ji Hyo attitude and they wanted to see how would she act when someone else is around. They all hoped that it’s just a phase but he was worried. He was sure his daughter would be happy to see her favorite little brother, Dream.

“We are on our way. Please prepare the smallest shirt you have for my wife. Dream threw up all over her.” Hee Gun laughed at his friend’s voice. He could hear Dong-hoon dry heaving from the smell.

“Arraso, arraso. See you.” He hung up and left the phone on kitchen counter. Taking the plate with pancakes, he went to put them on the table.

Little Ji Hyo walked out from the bathroom and without greeting her father, took her seat in front of the TV and turn it on. She went through different programs until she settled on cartoons. When her father called her and told her to turn off TV because they’re having guests over for breakfast she dismissed him without a glance.

“Kang Ji Hyo!” Hee Gun yelled. “Don’t you hear what I said?” He stood up in front of her but she just looked through him. “Look, you have to stop with this behavior. You are a good girl, you shouldn’t act like this.” Still, no response, she just blankly looked though him. He started to take in a breath to calm his frustration when the bell rang followed by a knock on the door. Hee Gun went up, opened the door, and ushered his guests. Before he could tell them to make themselves at home, little Dream was pushed into his arms by Byul, who went straight into the bathroom where he left a shirt for her to change. Clutching the baby to his chests, he glared at his younger friend Dong-hoon as if he’s asking him why he has to be the one to hold the baby who smells of vomit. Haha just shrugged his shoulders then went to see the princess of the house, leaving him trying hard not to throw up himself.

“OMG, what did you do Dream?” Hee Gun asked little baby making the baby scream in laughter. “You think this is funny? You’re going to make uncle Gae throw up as well.” Again, Dream laughed even though he didn’t know what the hell the man was talking about. He went into the dining room where his daughter was happily chatting with her ‘unkew Howowo.’ Taking a bag from the floor he went to change little Dream, since right now he couldn’t count on baby’s father.

            After they ate, Byul went to put the already asleep Dream in Ji Hyo’s room so he could sleep peacefully then asked Ji Hyo to draw with her so that her husband and his friend can talk without any disturb.

“You are right, she ignores you completely.” Dong-hoon commented after girls sat on the table to draw. Earlier Ji Hyo’s father called her on more than one occasion to come, to do something, to answer a question but she just ignored him while when Byul and Dong-hoon did the same she gladly obeyed.

“Argh, Haha, I don’t know what to do anymore. You saw yourself; she doesn’t even want to eat what I putted in her bowl.” He ran a hand through his short hair in frustration. “I was going to let her talk with someone she cares about, but not even my mother managed to get something out of her.”

“I really don’t know. I’m new to parenting as well.”

Ten minutes later, they went to check up on their girls. They were chatting and giggling on something silly they were drawing. Hee Gun crouched beside his child and asked her what she was drawing. Of course, she didn’t pay him any thoughts but she answered when Haha asked her. All off her drawings were the same. She was drawing her favorite animal, giraffe.

Both Gary and Haha looked at each other not believing how stupid they were. Thinking off wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter