Chapter 21

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First things first> I’m sorry for not being able to update for the past week. I still have some personal things to solve, however, the worst things passed. I hope you will not be disappointed with my story, because, let me warn you now, not everything will be perfect. I’ll try to update frequently, however I’ll probably update weekly. Thank you for all of you who waited and still support me. Happy reading dear readers!

 

Monday couple has finally become the real couple. Though they hadn't had the time to be together due to their different schedules, they texted and talked over phone constantly. Song Ji Hyo knew how cool and sweet Kang Gary has always been however, she has never expected that he can be sweeter now that they're together. She now began to understand the charisma he carries, the one that all beauties fall for. Now that he is all hers, she realized that his pick up aka love lines, though corny, they are real because he really cares. When he said that her eyes shine like sun that reflects on the river, she saw the sincerity in his eyes. His heart, she realized belongs to her own. That's why she couldn't wait to see him again. They finally managed two hours off work at the same time and they decided to share a cup of their favorite coffee. Like always, he told her that there's something important to tell her, and though before she has always tried to avoid any deeper conversation, now she was curious. Now that they're together, the theory that he would confess his feelings is not possible anymore since he already did that. Somehow, she got angry with herself for not being reasonable enough to hear him out when he asked her to. With a little sigh of frustration, she went back on set. Few more hours and she can go and meet her real time boyfriend.

 

*****************

 

Kang Gary has finished his recordings for the new song he wrote a while ago and went home to spend some quality time with his little girl. As soon as he opened the door of his house, a small frame of the girl wrapped up around his legs. 

 

"Daddy I missed you big time." Little Ji Hyo squalled in delight for finally having her father home. He couldn't resist smiling and picking his daughter in his arms hugging her closer to his chest.

 

"Daddy missed you too, though only this morning we saw each other." He tickled her sides teasing her. He really loves these little moments he shares with his baby girl. Her smell is enough to make his tiredness gone and make him happy. With her in his arms, he walked in the living room where a teenage girl from his neighborhood was picking her backpack ready to leave. He paid her for taking care of his kid and she left in hurry. Probably to meet her boyfriend. He sat down on the couch while Ji Hyo climbed up behind his back to help with his jacket. When that piece of clothes was moved away, she proceeded to give him a shoulder massage. 

 

"Daddy, can we play together when I finish with this?" She asked leaning her head forward so she could see his face. He smiled at her innocence, nodding his head slightly. "Good, I want to play..." she started excitedly however she went silent after a second. Gary turned, facing his little girl. She looked sad. He took her in his arms and sat her in his laps.

 

"Sweetie, what's wrong? You said you want to play?" He tried to talk with her, however she only lowered her head. He putted his finger under her chin and slowly brought her head up. With his eyes, he encouraged her to talk with him.

 

"I wanted to play families, but I forgot." Ji Hyo silently said picking her fingers nervously playing with them.

 

"You forgot what?" He asked slowly, afraid of the question himself. She stared at him as if trying to determine if he really doesn't know the answer. 

 

"That we don't have mommy. The auntie in daycare told us that one family con..cons," she struggled with word and managed to say it at the end "consists of daddy, children and mommy. So, we can't play because we don't have one, right?" 

 

Gary cursed inwardly. How life can be this cruel and leave his daughter without a mother, something that every child needs in its life. He knew that she miss a female figure which he only recreantly saw when Byul bought her a dress for her birthday, when she's making her pigtails or when they draw together. His daughter wasn’t too much girly though he treated her as a princess. She never asked of him to buy her dresses or dolls, but snapbacks and balls. However, he now realized that she was pleasing him, trying to be like her dad, looking like a little rapper rather than little girl. Hugging his daughter, he tried to explain.

 

"Listen to appa baby. You and I are family. You have your grandmas and grandpas. They're family too. You have many uncles, such as Gil, and aunties like Byul. They're family too. Don't forget your favorite oppa Kwang Soo. He's family, no?" Little girl nodded stifling a cough.

 

"But they don't live with us." She said matter-of-factly. "And you appa? Don't you need wife? All my friends’ appa have a wife." Gary found himself surprised at her logics. So she doesn't talk only about her having a mother but a woman that will make him happy as well. Therefore, he decided to tell her.

 

"Appa is working on it. I promise." Little Ji Hyo brought her head up wiping her tears and coughing a few times. Her eyes looked confused as if asking how he's working on it when he was working in studio. He explained. "Appa is meeting a lady and we will see." He smiled thinking about his Mong Ji. 

 

"Is she nice? Is her hair longer than me? How tall is she? Does she know to make pretty hairstyle?" She started firing question after question without missing a beat. It was obvious that she wanted to ask more but Gary stopped her.

 

"Honey, wait, wait up. I still have to talk with her, to tell her about having a child and I planned to tell her today. But you seem to not feel well," he said feeling up her head to check if she has fever. Luckily, she wasn't warm. 

 

"I'm fine daddy. Get up!" She jumped ordering and taking his hand she tried to bring him up. He asked her where they are going. She smiled at him "Silly daddy, you have to look good for your meeting. Go and shower and I'll pick your clothes for you."

 

"Hey, I always look good. What's wrong with what I wear now?" He protested standing up and dragging his feet.

 

"No, you don't. You look like you're going to rap and...you stink." She answered after a few small coughs. He was worried enough to cancel his date with Song Ji Hyo.

 

"I do not!" He protested clutching his chests acting as if he was hurt. They came to the bathroom door and Ji Hyo opened it.

 

"Well, you don't smell nice either. Go, and yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter