Chapter 28

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 28

Song Ji Hyo entered the make-up room and sat in front of the mirror. As soon as she was in the chair, make-up artist carefully started repairing the mascara and facial powder to make her skin come alive, to try to give her a bit more glow. For the last two hours, she was trying hard not to mess up while filming for her drama, however all she did was spacing out, thinking about what happened before she finally came to the shooting location. Even the drama PD warned her few times to focus a bit more, however all she could think was Gary.

*flashback*

When Ji Hyo stormed out of the restaurant she was having a late breakfast with her manager and Hwang Soo, she assured herself that everything would be fine. She tried to calm herself but she was way too much excited. She had to stop Gary from ever going on blind dates. What he was thinking even having them in the first place? He loves me...was what she was repeating herself in her head while driving to the place where Gary was having his blind date. She was sure he doesn’t like those dates since he obviously loves her, and that gave her strength to face him. When she pulled up in front of the restaurant with a smile and full of hope, she didn’t even assume that only one picture can crash that hope. Her Gary oppa was laughing and flirting with the woman. And not just any woman, a beautiful woman. She could easily pass for a model.

            Song Ji Hyo suddenly felt as if losing her mind and her infamous bad temper surfaced because the next thing she realized she was doing was dragging Gary out of the restaurant.

“Wait, wait.... stop dragging me.” Kang Gary tried not to yell and attract the attention although the woman easily dragging a fully-grown man is surely attracting the curious eyes. “Ji Hyo... no, Seong Im... Yah stop it.” He forcefully managed to pull his hand out of her strong grip. “What’s wrong with you?” Gary asked after Ji Hyo finally stopped dragging him behind the restaurant.

“What’s wrong with me? What were you doing inside smiling and giggling with that woman? Arhg...disgusting.”  Song Ji Hyo made a face as if what she saw looked and smelled like rotten egg.

“Well, that’s what men usually do when they are on blind-dates.” He answered emphasizing the word dates. Ji Hyo pushed him against the wall in anger. Here she was, ready to confess her feelings, to apologize and all he does is thinking about his bloody date. “Why are you here Seong Im?”

She took a step back away from him trying to cool herself down. She won’t admit the reason she came and drag him out of the restaurant. “Why do you care?!” She half asked turning her back at him and making a step to leave.

“Why do I care? WHY DO I CARE?” Song Ji Hyo stopped in her tracks startled with the anger in his voice. She brought her palm up showing him to keep his voice down.

“That’s right. I want you to care more. We haven’t spoken in weeks...”

“And whose fault is that?” Gary interrupted wanting her to taste her own medicine. “You just stormed on me that day and refused to speak...no scratch that... You refused to acknowledge my presence let alone to speak with me.” He countered and Ji Hyo found herself silent, once again feeling guilty. She realized that he has a lot to tell her and this time she knew she had to listen to him.

“You want me to care more?” He asked leaning his head against the wall. After a second, he bitterly laughed, more to himself than Ji Hyo. “You don’t even know to what length I care for you.” 

  Ji Hyo’s body froze, and only she could hear was her own heartbeat, anticipating more words that surely will come out of the man she love.

“Do you think I like to be cold towards you? Do you think I’m ok with having to act towards you as if you’re my little sister?” Ji Hyo kept her gaze down refusing to look at him. She knew it wasn’t easy, at least she knows it now, after hearing the real brain scan’s results. However, he interpreted her silence wrongfully because the next thing he did was leaving. “You know what, I have a date right now and that woman is waiting. If you have nothing more to say I will leave first.”

As he past beside her Ji Hyo grabbed his wrist in hope to stop him however she didn’t counted on the thing that he’s much stronger when he puts his mind on it. Gary easily spun her and in three steps, he pinned her to the wall. Strangely, the move reminded her of the time he helped her to escape the fans in the supermarket. More strangely, it reminded her of the night when they were both drunk and ended up making out. Her breath caught in , her heartbeat began to pound and her palms itched to touch him.

“Don’t you know what are you doing to mi Seong Im-ah? You are slowly killing me.” Ji Hyo tried to nod however, she only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter