Chapter 10

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10

            “Appa, will gwandpa wike the dwawing I dwowed fow him?” Little Ji Hyo asked skipping along the street, clutching her father’s finger with her left hand and carrying a drawing of her with her adopted grandfather. He never thought that his daughter would get so much attention from the parents of his Monday on screen girlfriend, but here they are. It was quite awkward when Madam Park called him for the first time over for lunch. She told him that she’s a Monday couple fan and that she hopes that he’s half as good as he is on the RM. Of course, he told her that that Gary is a great part of him, but that’s not all who he truly is. Hee Gun thought that she would sent him to hell when he accidently slipped that he has a daughter but she received him with open arms. Her husband, son and younger girl needed a bit time, but they just couldn’t resist little Ji Hyo charm.

 

            Earlier, when he dialed Song Ji Hyo’s mother, Madam Park, his daughter practically hijacked his phone and talked with her. He almost died of laugh when he saw serious expression on his daughter’s face while tapping her foot on the floor with her arm on her tiny waist. In that moment, she looked just like her late mother. Hee Gun was sad that she didn’t last long enough to meet their beautiful child.

 

“Not only will he like it, he will love it. Don’t worry sweetie, you draw very well.” He encourages his little angel. When they were in front of the doors, he rang waiting for someone to open. Mr. Cheon opened and little Ji Hyo practically jumped in his arms hugged him tightly chanting ‘gwandpa’ over and over again. After he greeted both him and Madam Park he joined them in their living room. On TV was playing the latest episode of one of the drama he well as Madam Park enjoys watching. The first time he found out she likes dramas, as much as he does they talked about their likes and dislikes. Her husband commented that they look like two desperate housewives that has no better things to do, therefore he scooped little Ji Hyo and took her out for ice cream. Over that ice cream, his daughter and her new founded grandpa bonded and since then they were inseparable.

 

           “Ji-ji –yah,” Madam Park addressed little Ji Hyo with her own nickname for the girl, “you came just on time. I was preparing Japchae while thinking about you.” Little girl rises her head from drawing she was proudly showing her ‘grandpa’, carefully listening to her ‘grandma’. “I just know it’s your favorite meal and your poor grandpa doesn’t want to eat it without you.”

 

“Chincha?”

 

“Yes. This dish is healthy for him but he always refuse to eat it without you.” Kang Hee Gun knew that Madam Park was the one who can help him. He told her that his daughter refuse to eat anything for quite some time and he couldn’t figure out why is that. He admitted that he was desperate because he ran out of ideas on how to make her eat a bite. He looked at his angel who quickly stood up in concern and took her ‘grandpa’s face in her small hands.

 

“Gwandpa, you sick? You have to eat Japchae to get bettew. Awachi?” She asked nodding her head as if she shows him how to answer. Mr. Cheon got the message so he played along.

 

“I know, but I don’t like to eat without you. I want for us to eat together.” She shook her little head as if she wants to scold him.

 

“Japchae is yummy, yummy. We awe going to eat togetew and when gemma cook it again, you caww me and I come. Ok?” Mr. Cheon smiled accepting the deal. When his daughter went to wash her hands to ready for lunch, Gary sneaked behind Mrs. Park and kissed her cheek to thank her for her help. He was thankfull her younger daughter and son were not around to witnes his sudden emotional move. They would all day long.

 

After lunch, Mr. Cheon offered to go for a walk with little one while both Gary and Mrs. Park clean up the mess from cooking.

 

“MadamPark...” He addresses her formally as always but she slaps the back of his head, as always.

 

“Again with Madam Park... Here you are, kissing my cheek but still calling me Madam Park. I told you to call me mother.” He scratches his head remembering all the time he got the slap from the woman. Just as Ji Hyo, she has one hell of a hand.

 

“Ouch...Mother,” he emphasizes the word, “where’s Sung Im-ssi? I know you said we can come, but are you sure she won’t crash in and see us?”

 

“She’s here.” She answered calmly.

 

“WHAT?” Kang Gary yelled turning ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter