Chapter 7

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Hee Gun couldn’t be more content with his life then he already is. Few more songs and he’ll wrap up his album, his restaurant is doing just fine and he has the most beautiful daughter in the world. When Ji-hyo’s maternal grandmother appeared with a bundle in her hands he was shocked and terrified at the same time. To know that his ex-girlfriend died at childbirth leaving him single fathered was something he never imagined would happen. Since her family always opposed their relationship, they didn’t want any tie with the child. If he refused to take care of the kid, she would be sent to orphanage. As soon as he laid his eyes on her and she smiled at him, he knew that he couldn’t leave her, not after her mother gave her own life in order for baby to live. The only request they had had, was to name the child Ji Hyo, because that was his ex’s wish. Somehow, the name suits his daughter. She is just as bright as she is smart.

            Sometimes though, Hee Gun get’s lonely, probably because he didn’t imagine that he would be a single dad. He has always had in his plans to marry one day and has a family of his own. Many would say that he’s immature for clubbing in his age; however, that’s where he gets most of his crazy inspirations. He doesn’t go that often as people say, but when his daughter spends weekends with his mother or hyung, he can afford to forget about problems at least for the night and to be just a person, a man. Yes, he did pick a few women here and there, after all, he’s a man with a healthy appetite but he never brought them home. He promised himself that the woman he brings home would be the one that will stay, as a wife to him and a mother to his daughter.

            Yesterday he got a call from Haha telling him that there’ll be an RM gathering in his restaurant because they haven’t had one in a long time. However, the girl that supposed to baby-sit got sick so he left with nothing. He’s mother is far away to call her to come and stay with Ji Hyo, his hyung has already out with his fiancé, and he’s doomed.

            “Appa, it’s owKey. I’m a big giwl, I can stay awone.” His daughter never ceases to surprise him with her maturity. He gives her a kiss on her head commenting how she is his big girl but that dad would never ever leave her to stay alone.

            “But, appa, you dwesed vewy nice tonight. Maybe you find me a mommy if you go.” This made him speechless. He was aware that one day his girl would want to have a female role model to whom she could confide and look up to, but he always hoped it would be much later.

            “Ah... Ji Hyo-yah... Do you want to have mommy?” He asked relucantly, internally shaking with fear of what his baby girl will say.

            “Wew...I don’t know what mommies do, but I saw my fwends in kindewgawden with theiw mommies. It wooks nice.” She explained truthfully but when she saw her father’s sad face, she quickly tried to fix it. “But I don’t need one. I have you, the bestest daddy in the whow wide wowd. Don’t be sad.” He couldn’t hold it in. A single tear rolled down his face and he hugged her tightly to his strong chests.

            “Appa is not sad because you want mommy. Appa is sad because he can’t get you one that would care for you as much as I do. Mihane!” He apologized and took his phone to let Haha knows that he doesn’t have a baby-sitter for the night. Instantly Haha called him pabo because his wife said that she would be glad to baby-sit her whenever he needs. That’s how he found himself at Haha’s place ten minutes before they had to show up in Haha’s restaurant. Gary couldn’t be more thankful to Byul than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter