Chapter 17

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE> A short one but nececary for the plot. Hope you like it and please stay tuned for more.

Chapter 17

 

            Gary woke up quite early on Tuesday morning not because he wanted, but because he had to. As soon as he got up he went to prepare a light breakfast for his daughter before taking her to daycare. He still can’t believe that his girl is five years old and that next year she’ll be preschooler. The time really flies. He quickly wakes her up and helped her with dressing up since she was still half-asleep. After breakfast, he took her to daycare and proceeded to his next destination, the place where he should film a CF with his Monday girlfriend.

 

Just other day he talked with his partner Gil who should feature in the MV of their new song that wasn’t yet published and Gary suggested Ji Hyo. Gil a lot for wanting to have his girl close to him, however, Gary said that he just believe that Ji Hyo would be perfect for it. He wanted to ask her about it and the MC filming gave him a perfect chance for it. He also had a secret agenda – he wanted to get closer than they already are so he could finally tell her about his daughter. He felt terrible for keeping that secret from her. Therefore, he took all his courage to ask her for a coffee in beteween shootings.

“Ji Hyo-yah, would you like to have a cup of coffee with me? The coffee shop is just a corner away.” He shyly asked showing her the location with his hand. She hesitated a few seconds, her eyes looking everywhere but him. However, she finally accepted.

 

“Well, I guess I could use a bit of caffeine in my system right now.” Ji Hyo smiled sincerely but with caution. She felt quite giddy and not quite comfortable, probably because it would be only their second time they are meeting alone, the first time being the night in Bangkok.

 

They walked side by side without a word to the coffee shop, making themselves comfortable at one of the tables. Gary stood up and went to order their coffees, already knowing her favorite one. When he came back with steaming cups, he noticed how Ji Hyo looks tired. He putted the cup in front of her, which she instantly took in her palms and smelled deeply.

 

“Ji Hyo-yah, you should’ve slept more. Are you tired? Oppa will take you...ahm... drive you wherever.” He finished lamely avoiding the word HOME, which Ji Hyo noticed. It wasn’t the first time he avoided that word and she was curious as of why.

 

“I’m a bit tired. I couldn’t sleep very well last night.” Ji Hyo took a sip of her coffee preserving the taste however, the silent broke because of rumbling coming from her stomach. She hoped that Gary hasn’t heard a thing.

 

“You should’ve drank a glass of warm milk. It always knocks me out.” He confessed one of his routines with his daughter. Every night before he puts her to sleep, together they drink a glass of warm milk to help them with sleeping. More than he can count it truly knocked him out and many times he had to drink coffee and energetic beverages just so he could stay longer to finish some of his works. Kang Gary couldn’t ignore the fact that he heard Ji Hyo’s stomach rumbling so he fished into his pockets and found a bag of chocolate candies his daughter likes the most. “I know you avoid chocolate lately but please, eat it.”

 

He would like to ask her if she wants to go and grab something to eat but he decided not to, afraid that she would take it in the wrong way, as she did before.

 

“Yeah, thanks.” She awkwardly took the bag opened it and popped one into . She almost forgot how chocola

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter