Chapter 18

Something more
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18

 

 Kwang Soo opened his eyes and just like last time he was in this room, he screamed like a young schoolgirl. He was once again sleeping in little Ji Hyo's room. After his heartbeat calmed he remembered how he ended in little girl's room last night. Yesterday he played a babysitter because Gary had some kind of schedule and hadn't had the time to find someone to take care of little Ji Hyo. Yesterday everything went well it was cool and enjoyable. Little girl helped him cooking; he took her out for a walk that turned into one hell of a journey. They went to the zoo and had the time of their life. After little girl fall asleep later from exhaustion, Kang Gary finally came back and to thanks Kwang Soo for taking care of his little girl, he gave him one of his best alcohol beverage he kept stashed for something. Kwang Soo thought that it would be only fair if they drink it together. They're sipping their fancy drinks, talked, and joked late into the night. Gary confided in him that Ji Hyo told him about offer she got for We got married and that her partner could be the handsome Chen Bolin. Kwang Soo, as her best friend already knew all about it and about the fact that she already declined the offer however, Gary wasn’t aware of it. He kept making jokes on her part but refused to admit that he was jealous when Kwang Soo .

 

*flashback*

 

“Why would I be jealous? I don’t feel a thing about her. I don’t even care that she would be pared up with that pretty face. As if he knows our Mong Ji. He wouldn’t know how to treat her properly.” My hyung kept rambling and each time I would cut him with more teasing. Man, I love to for being so desperately in love but at the same time I feel sorry for both of them.

 

“And you would know how to treat her?” I ask him seriously knowing that he would blurt something. He’s just damn too honest.

 

“Off course I would, because I....” Ohoho, this is my chance and I cut him quickly before he regrets whatever he tried to say.

 

“You love her?”

 

“Yes.. I mean no. No, no... I don’t...” I couldn’t help but laugh at him. The man who can write such lyrics as he does, and here he is stuttering line a little boy. “You want to die?” He threatens me and that was my cue to shut the hell up. There’s no messing with ex boxer, no way.

 

*end of flashback*

 

  At some point little Ji Hyo woke up crying in fright. She kept calling her daddy who was beside her in the blink of an eye. Kwang Soo didn't know should he leave or stay, however little girl decided for him. So he stayed, not because he wasn't able, he was quite sober, but because little kid wouldn't let him go. She formed quite a bond with him and he loved her as if she was his own niece. She wanted him to tuck her in and she told him about her nightmare where she dreamed about losing her father and that made her afraid. He ended up falling asleep while telling her a story. He assumed she went to sleep in her appa's bed.

 

As soon as he screamed, both little Ji Hyo and Gary showed up in the room to see what happened.

 

"Oppa, you had nightmare as well?" She asked him concerned for him. She came and took his hand to bring him to the kitchen so she could give him a glass of fresh water. Before he had the chance to answer Kang Gary laughed already knowing why Kwang Soo screamed.

 

"I had terrible dream of Ji Hyo noona chasing and hitting me." The giraffe complained while little girl was hugging his leg.

 

"Don't worry oppa, I'll protect you." Little Ji Hyo announced happy to have her favorite oppa with her. "I'll make you and appa breakfast. You like cereals and milk?" She asked sweetly and he hadn't had the heart to refuse. While he helped her with breakfast, Gary talked on the phone with someone. When he came back, his face was sour. Something wasn't right but he couldn't say it in front of his daughter. When Kwang Soo asked him what is wrong, Gary just shook his head saying that he will soon find out himself.

 

Soon Kwang Soo got a message from his accomplice. It said *It’s on. This is going to be one hell of a ride.”

 

*****

 

"Ji Hyo, wake up." Her manager had hard time waking her up. "Song Ji Hyo, wakey, wakey sleepy head, it's time for work." She shook Ji hyo hard she thought she would push her out of her bed. The sleeping women only mumbled silently leave me alone. Her manager hadn't had the choice but to take desperate measures. She came this early for a reason and she had to wake up Ji Hyo’s mother in order to come in because the sleeping woman wasn’t answering her phone calls.

 

"Oh, Gary oppa, what are you doing here?" Manager Park yelled and Ji Hyo jumped out of the bed in the blink of an eye not realizing that her manager just played with her.

 

"Yah, unnie! Why did you do that? I was sleeping!" Jj Hyo protested going back under the covers.

 

"Well, here something to wake you up. I just talked with RM producers, and guess what?" Manager patiently waited for Ji hyo'd reply but the woman just turned her back already ‘falling asleep’.

 

"I'll tell you anyway. They want Monday couple to go on a date." The sleeping woman suddenly wasn't that much asleep. She whipped her head in her manager’s direction; blinking a few times, trying to asset if what she's hearing is true.

 

"For real? I thought they're against it." She was aware of the no dating policy and she wanted to know if such policy is still intact.

 

"Eager too much?" Her manager and JiHyo rolled her eyes.  "Anyway, it is not for real. You are to have a single date for audience in front of cameras." She explained waiting for Ji Hyo's reaction, which came after a few moments.

 

"What? Are they nuts? It's going to be disaster!" Ji Hyo jumped from the bed and started pacing back and forth clutching her head with her hands. How the hell they’re going on a date with everyone watching their every single move? How dare they to dictate their personal feelings, if there are any in the first place.

 

"It is just to show the world that you guys aren't real." Her manager started consoling her but she couldn't resist in smiling because of her d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter