007

Bad Decisions

 

March 2016

 

 

Sohee put her bag down and exhaled, they were inside the Tuan’s villa in Busan, Mark was speaking with his secretary on the phone.

“I have someone bringing in some of your clothes later. Are you hungry?” Mark asked her as he walked to the kitchen.

“No. I’m fine.” She replied, Mark looked up, his brows met as he noticed how she was frowning and biting on her lower lip.

“Sohee,” He closed the refrigerator’s door and walked to her.

“I can’t do this, Mark.” She said quietly, she was close to tears.

“Then don’t, you can talk to your parents.” He said as he placed his hands on her waist, Sohee sighed.

“This will work, right?” She asked him, Mark just nodded and pulled her to him.

It has to, you can’t marry him. Not him.

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you’re going to alright?” Mark asked again as Sohee drank her coffee, it was already seven in the morning and he has to leave for Jeju in three hours. Sohee playfully rolled her eyes at him.

“Mark, it’s an arranged marriage, they’re not sacrificing me to the gods.”

Mark ignored her comment and sighed.

“Just….talk to your parents, okay?” He said quietly, Sohee smiled and stood up.

Mark blinked as she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck.

I know, I will do that. Thanks, Markiepoo.

He just shook his head and kissed her cheek.

I have to go, make sure to eat breakfast.” He squeezed her waist before letting go, Sohee just nodded and watched him leave the house.

 

 

“Why did you interfere?” Mrs. Tuan sighed from the other line, Mark’s brows met as he got in the car.

Ma, she needed my help.” He said with a sigh as he gestured for the driver to start driving.

Still, you’re not kids anymore.

Mark chose to not reply, all he had on his mind was Sohee and Minho, and it bothered him a lot.

“And you were supposed to be at that meeting, Mark, your father~”

“I had to check on Sohee, and I had the meeting moved.”

Of course you had.” She replied dryly, Mark leaned back on the seat.

Have you heard from your sister lately?

Mark chuckled.

Ella? Why? She hasn’t been picking up your calls, huh?

Don’t laugh, you know your sister.

Mark nodded.

We haven’t been talking lately, she’s busy, ma. You know her.

I wonder how Johnny’s doing,

Mark chuckled again.

It’s actually a miracle they’re still together.

 

 

Sohee sat down across her parents, her brows met briefly before looking up.

“Sohee-yah, what happened? Where were you?” Her mother sighed.

“I was..doing some thinking, eomma.”

She glanced at her father before speaking.

“Give me some time.” She finally said.

“What do you mean?” Mr. Jung asked.

“You dropped that bomb on me without any warning, you can’t just expect me to just accept it.” She said calmly, her father frowned.

“Just give some time, I know it might be difficult to settle this with the Chois,”

“Okay, we’ll let you think about this.” Mr. Jung spoke, Sohee looked up, wide-eyed.

“I’ll talk to the Chois, it was our mistake, and we shouldn’t have rushed the two of you.”

Sohee nodded with a small smile.

 

“But, please reconsider this, honey. You know how people are talking about you, we’re worried you might have a difficult time taking over.” Mrs. Jung squeezed her hand before picking up her spoon.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++