045

Bad Decisions

 

 

Johnny glanced at the clock, it was three am and he was in the middle of checking his emails. He couldn’t sleep well, Ella had been tossing and turning and it bothered him. He looked at her sleeping figure on the bed, he sighed and closed his eyes briefly.

He was about to open his laptop again, when Ella suddenly screamed and sat up. Johnny rushed to her, Ella was panting as she pulled the sheets closer to her.

Is it the same dream?” He asked softly as he brushed her hair away from her cheeks. Ella just nodded.

“It…Its all so blurry, I think I heard Mark…and Jackson then….It felt like Minho oppa was there.

Johnny stilled, his eyes widened, Ella exhaled and looked at her palms.

But, why would he be there?” She murmured, Johnny’s brows knit together as Ella ran her fingers through her hair.

But..you…You weren’t asleep yet? Did I….wake you?” She looked up, her dark gaze meeting his. Johnny shook his head with a smile, Ella’s brows met.

No, it wasn’t because of you. I just had a lot in mind. Come on,” Johnny pulled the sheets over them, she tensed briefly.

This dream…it feels like,,it’s a memory. It’s scary.” She said quietly, Johnny looked away, he just slowly pulled her down to the mattress and wrapped one arm around her.

Try to go back to sleep. I’ll stay here, don’t worry.” He murmured against her hair, Ella just nodded before closing her eyes again. Johnny just sighed and tightened his arm around her.

I’m not sure if I want you to remember what really happened. Would it bring any good?

 

 

 

The black Rolls Royce pulled over in front of TGC main headquarters, two men in black suits approached the car and opened the door. Ella smiled at them as she slid down from the vehicle.

“Good morning, president.” Her secretary walked up to her.

“I hope everything’s well.” Ella said as they walked, her two guards on her tail. Truthfully, she tried to talk Johnny into lessening her guards, but he wouldn’t budge.

“Actually, something really good happened.” The male said happily as they entered the building.

“Hm? What?” She halted, her two guards also stopped and looked around.

Hey, baby girl.

She looked up, Mark was grinning at her, her eyes widened.

“Oppa!” Ella rushed to her sibling with a hug, Mark chuckled and hugged her back.

Where were you?” Ella’s mood changed as she let go and slapped his arm, Mark flinched but he was grinning.

“I had some things to take care of. Good job on being president.” He chuckled then he handed her a piece of white clothing.

Ella blinked; Mark smiled and gently removed the Bluetooth earpiece from her ear.

“Go back to being doctor Tuan, I’ll take care of things from here.” Mark smiled, Ella looked at the item in her hands, it was her old lab gown.

She looked at her brother dubiously.

Johnny didn’t tell you?” Mark asked, he looked up and saw his secretary rushing towards him with a group of reporters behind him.

Yes?

Her two guards started to surround her.

Samsung Medical Center in Gangnam.

…Okay.” She blinked at him.

You’ve been pirated by Samsung Med. You’re their new director.

“What?!” She halted, then she heard the commotion behind them.

“President Tuan! President Tuan!” The reporters started rushing towards them.

“Go on, the helicopter’s waiting upstairs.” Mark spoke to his sister’s guards.

Hey,” Ella was interrupted when her two guards started guiding her to the elevator. Mark just winked at her before turning his back to Ella.

 

 

 

Sohee stretched her palms up as she eyed the papers on her desk; she dropped her hands on her lap before reaching for her laptop. Before she could switch it on, her assistant came rushing in her office.

“Director!” She was panting.

Sohee looked at her worriedly.

“Did something happen?”

“It’s about…Choi Group…Director Choi…He… The news.”

Sohee the television, her eyes widened as she read the headline.

“Bankruptcy? ion?” Sohee’s eyes widened, her secretary sighed.

“What are we going to do? Being..linked to them,”

Sohee looked up as a male figure entered the room.

“Could you give us a minute, secretary Yoon?” Minho spoke carefully, Sohee’s brows furrowed.

“Yes.” The secretary left the room.

 

 

The TGC helicopter landed on Samsung’s building smoothly, Ella was still shaken and confused.

What was happening? Why was she being whisked away? Why was she in Samsung’s office? How did she become director of Samsung Med?

One of her guards unclasped her seatbelt. Before she could react, a pair of arms lifted her down from the helicopter.

“Johnny!” She said loudly over the noise, Johnny looked stressed and ruffled.

Soon they were in the building, Johnny let go of her. With a small nod, the bodyguards left them.

What happened?” She asked as she straightened his tie, Johnny just sighed and shook his head.

“Your brother~

Oh, he’s back!” She faced him, Johnny nodded.

He called me just twenty minutes ago, saying he’d have you..sent here. I didn’t know he meant by helicopter not by car.

She just smiled sheepishly, then her brows rose.

Then, he said something about Samsung Med…me being director..I don’t remember…” She mumbled, confused.

“You are Samsung Med’s director.”

She looked up at him, still confused.

You think I’d allow my wife betuck as CEO? You hate that. You can be as “doctor” as you want and I can still see you. Cool, huh?” He beamed at her.

Huh.” Ella blinked, Johnny just smiled then they were both interrupted when their phones started to ring.

“It’s…Mark…Minho…What?” Ella blinked, it was all over the news. Mark just had an impromptu press conference announcing that he’d be taking his position back and he apologized for his absence and, evidence of Choi Group’s bankruptcy and Minho’s involvement in a ion ring had been unanimously handed to the police.

Is it okay if you wait in my office for a bit? I was in the middle of a meeting. I’ll be there in ten, I promise.” Johnny squeezed her hand.

No problem. I’ll see you there.” Ella kissed his cheek before walking to the elevator.

It’s Mark’s doing, huh? The news.” She spoke, Johnny just nodded at her.

Most likely.

 

 

Sohee stood up and pushed her chair away.

“Bankruptcy? So, the reason why you’re so adamant…” Sohee trailed off, she felt anger seep in her.

“Well, we need Lotte in order to survive, you need me to save your precious Tuans.” Minho shrugged as he walked to her. The video clip started to play in her head, she shook her head and moved back.

“You weren’t planning on backing out, right?” Minho blocked her view.

“I was. In fact, I am going to release a statement. I can’t do this.”

Minho laughed.

“What about Ella? How is she~”

“Ella has so many people around her. And she can protect her well. I can’t stand you, the marriage is off.”

Minho slammed his palm on the wall behind her, she froze as his face neared hers.

“You leech.” She spat at him, Minho’s left brow rose.

“You’re gutsy, I like that. But, Jung Sohee, you have no escape now. You will become my wife ~”

Fat chance.” A deep voice made his stop, Sohee looked at the doorway; Mark was casually leaning against the doorframe.

“And the prodigal son returns.” Minho mused as he faced the other male, Mark strolled into the office, Sohee could tell that even though his face seems relaxed, he was trying to keep his temper in check.

“Let go of her.” Mark spoke; his eyes were on Minho’s hand on Sohee’s arm.

“Why? I can’t hold my fiancé’s hand?” Minho chuckled as he tugged Sohee to his chest, Sohee yelped.

Mark’s jaw twitched.

“You already lost, Mark. By now that video would have been released because of what you just did.”

Sohee glanced at Minho in shock. He betrayed their deal, Mark chuckled.

“Really? It’s not on the news. How odd. Wait, oh right!”

Sohee felt Minho’s grip on her tightened.

“My sister’s married to one of the most powerful men in Asia. I’m sure all of the gossip sites you approached have been bought out or closed down.”

Minho’s eyes narrowed as Mark shrugged at him.

“So, let go of her. If you don’t~”

Minho’s hand slowly went downwards to her waist, before Sohee could react, she was yanked out of his grip and Mark’s fist connected with Minho’s nose.

The male staggered back, his nose bleeding.

“You~”

Policemen barged into the room and grabbed Minho before he could attack Mark. Sohee stumbled back as more men piled in the room, then she felt a warm reassuring hand on the small of her back and she was pulled up.

She looked up, Mark was smiling at her.

Hi.” He said.

 

Sohee let out a shaky breath before wrapping her arms around his neck.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++