032

Bad Decisions

 

 

 

Chicago

December 2015

 

 

Ella was smiling despite the icy weather as she waited for her friend, she rubbed her palms together as her two bodyguards looked on in worry.

She refused to wait inside the car and also did not want to stay at the private lounge instead.

Then a handsome young male stepped out of the doors, she grinned.

Chittaphon!” She called happily, Ten winced and shook his head at her.

How was your flight?” She asked as she hugged him tightly, Ten patted her back before pulling away.

“It was fine, but I need sleep. And a warm shower.” He spoke as the two guards took his luggage. Ella chuckled.

Johnny?” He asked as they got inside the black Rolls Royce.

He has a meeting, he was really worried he couldn’t come fetch you.

So, how’s life? I’m surprised you’re not wearing scrubs.” Ten mused as the car started to move.

It’s been a little hectic for the past few days, oh, did I tell you?

“What?”

“Bomi’s with us, visiting. So, Johnny’s been taking her around. I have the penthouse all myself.”

Ten just shook his head and leaned back on his seat.

 

 

“You know, it’s weird.” Ella spoke, they were in the living room. Ten looked at her.

“What?”

“Having Bomi around.”

“What do you mean?”

She bit her lip and smiled.

“I’m just used to being alone in this house, and no, not that you’re not welcome. I mean, Johnny doesn’t really…fuss about, but her..she’s…” She shrugged.

“Heol. I’m welcomed? Then what does that make her?” Ten chuckled.

“It’s not that, I’m just used to being alone with Youngho. I mean after we got married, he flies to Seoul. She doesn’t come here. So…that arrangement was comfortable.”

Ten looked up, Bomi and Johnny arrived with dinner.

So, Seoul is hers, and Chicago is your turf? Your territory?” He asked quietly, Ella chuckled.

No, I just don’t think that her staying for over a month is a good idea.” She said before standing up and leaving the room.

 

 

“Wife and girlfriend in one place. I can practically hear Haechan laughing all the way from Korea.”

Johnny grinned at his friend, it was already seven in the morning, and he was trying to make breakfast.

How is it? Not difficult?

What?” Johnny asked, Ten leaned against the counter and started peeling a bunch of oranges.

With Ella. You guys weren’t even that close back in high school.” Ten said. Johnny chuckled.

Surprisingly, we get along okay. Although she’s very…stubborn, it’s cool.” Johnny said as he walked to the fridge.

What? Are you two talking bad about me behind my back?” A sleepy voice joined, Ella appeared, clad in a green sweatshirt that was too big for her and her hair was in a messy bun.

Good morning, young miss Tuan.” Ten greeted and mussed her hair.

“Oh? We’re not grabbing food from the café?” She asked as she walked to Johnny.

No, we’re having real food today.” He humored, Ella just yawned and leaned her chin on his arm as he whisked the eggs, Ten blinked.

Ella even tried to climb on his back.

“So, do we have plans today?” Johnny asked, not bothered by Ella.

You and Bomi have nothing planned?” She asked, Johnny shook his head, then he grinned as she pulled away from him.

Morning, Elle.” He kissed the side of her head before she walked to the cupboard; Ten almost fell on the stool he was sitting on.

“Johnny, can you get that mug for me?” She called, Ten watched as Youngho got the mug for her and walked back to the stove.

“Oh, hi, Bomi.” Ella greeted the girl as she joined them, Johnny waved at her before facing the stove again.

“Good morning, guys.” Bomi smiled.

Ten blinked at Johnny.

What? No good morning kiss for the girlfriend?

 

 

“So, you’re here to attend a conference? For work?” Ten asked as they got in the elevator.

“Yeah, odd timing, huh?” Bomi said as she looked at the snow through the glass walls. Johnny and Ella were talking behind them, more like bantering.

“At least you get to visit. I’m very pleased about that.” Johnny chimed in.

“Are we dropping by at Lemon’s on the way? Can we? Can we?” Ella asked, Ten grew amused at her tone.

Again?” Johnny sighed, the doors opened, he just slung one arm around her neck as they stepped out, Ten balked. Even Bomi looked surprised as the two walked away. Ella was defending her strange addiction towards lemons bars and chocolate croissants.

It’s already on the way!” She whined as they crossed the lobby, but Johnny just kept on mocking her.

“Ya!” She complained.

Uhmm, guys?” Ten called, Bomi was starting to look uncomfortable beside him.

Johnny laughed as Ella slapped his arm off her.

“I’ll see you guys at the mall later, I have a meeting at the hospital. Can’t join your little tour.” She waved at Ten and Bomi, but Johnny caught her arm.

“Bring your guards with you, okay?”

She just made a face but he nodded at her, Johnny grinned and he caressed her cheek once before letting her go.

Johnny smiled before taking Bomi’s hand and pulling her with him, Ten just slowly shook his head.

 

Oh no.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++