016

Bad Decisions

Ten almost spat in his glass as he watched the scene unfold, Haechan snorted.

“What was that?” Taeyong asked.

Bomi’s brows met, her fists curled.

“There are two answers to that, hyung.” Haechan started, Taeil just glanced at the younger male warily.

“Well, first, maybe he didn’t like the way Sohee noona’s fiancé was touching his wife or second,”

Haechan jutted his lips towards the left.

“It’s Hansol hyung and his mom.”

“What does that have to do with them?” Bomi asked quietly as he looked at Hansol and his mother enter the party.

“His evil aunt should never know that those two aren’t really a couple. Or else, that would just weaken hyung’s hold on Samsung, she can use that against him.” Haechan nodded.

“Ah, that’s why he needs Ella.” Taeil nodded, Ten stared at his two friends.

“Or, he could be sending a message to Hansol hyung,” Haechan chimed again.

Ten’s eyes widened.

“Hansol hyung was about to confess to Ella noona, but the scandal blew up.”

Ten wanted to make Haechan swallow the wine glass in whole.

Bomi’s brows rose.

“Hansol and Ella?” She echoed.

“But, why would he need to send a message? Ella noona is already his, well legally, but…Oh!” Haechan grinned but before he could speak, Ten was already dragging him away from the group.

Taeyong glanced at Bomi awkwardly.

“Bomi-ya, Haechan was just~”

“I’ll be going first. Tell Johnny something urgent came up.” Bomi pulled away from the group, Taeil just scratched the back of his head as they watched her go.

“Ten was right, hyung.” Taeyong said quietly.

“What?”

“Something did change between Johnny and Ella, and Bomi would not understand.”

 

 

Are you out of your~” Johnny’s grip on her tightened as he maneuvered her to the right, then she paused.

“Oh, aunt.” She smiled at Hansol’s mother, the elder in turn returned her with a quick nod.

“I heard you were back, nephew. It’s nice to see you again.” She faced Youngho.

“Yes, I’ve been busy, I’m sorry I wasn’t able to say hi.” Johnny nodded politely, his tone measured.

“Of course, you’re busy. I wonder what rushed you to take your father’s position that quickly? I remember you were so adamant about working outside the country.” She said with a small smile on her face.

Ella could detect the suspicion on the elder lady’s tone; she could also feel Johnny tensing beside her.

“It was my choice actually, auntie,” She chimed; she could feel Johnny’s gaze on her face as she continued.

“Really? Do you intend to practice here?”

“No, my parents needed me at TGC, so I asked Johnny if we could move back to Seoul together.” She nodded while smiling, and then she playfully brushed off the lipstick stain on the side of his lips.

“Good thing he agreed.” She mused, the lady nodded and stepped away from them, Hansol walked up to them, he was had a sheepish grin on his face.

“She didn’t grill you, right?” He asked the two.

“Ugh, your mom still hates me.” Ella muttered as she gestured for Johnny to crouch down, he blinked at her.

“My lipstick.” She replied as she rubbed off the pink stains on the sides of his lip again. Hansol’s brows met before looking away.

“Everyone’s excited since you’re back. Is it for good?” Hansol asked, Johnny nodded at his cousin.

“We’re kind of stuck here, oppa.” Ella nodded along, Hansol grinned at her.

“Aigoo, that must frustrate you.” Hansol mussed her hair, Johnny’s brows met briefly.

It’s okay, you can go. Bomi’s probably looking for you.” Ella nudged him, Johnny’s eyes went to her, Ella saw how his forehead creased briefly.

Go with Ten later.” Johnny replied, he kissed the side of her head before leaving them. Hansol eyed his cousin before facing Ella again.

“Should we get something to drink?”

“S—Sure.” Ella nodded, she glanced at Johnny who was already making his way back to his friends.

 

 

Sohee was panting as she reached the elevator; she pushed the button just in time.

Mark looked up, his brows met when he saw her standing by the doors.

“I’m not going to ask about what happened,” She said as she got in the machine.

“I just missed talking to you, so you can try pushing me away, I wont budge.” She said lightly as the doors closed, Mark looked at her.

“Your parents are expecting you to be at that party.” Mark said, Sohee shrugged.

“You can’t make me choose, Mark. It’s unfair.” She faced him, the doors opened, Mark gestured for her to go out first.

“I’m not asking you to choose, I’m just pointing out how unnecessary this is.”

“What? Marrying?”

Mark exhaled as she walked beside her.

“You do know why I’m doing this, right? People will stop talking~”

Why not me instead?” He faced her, Sohee halted, her eyes widened.

 

If I ask you to marry me instead, will you?

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++