006

Bad Decisions

Chicago

Present Time

 

Ella sat up, she reached for the elastic on the bedside table and gathered her hair in a messy bun. She slid down from her bed and walked towards the bathroom, she washed her face and stepped out of her room.

Good morning, Mrs. Seo.” Their housecleaner greeted her.

Good morning, Mrs. Jenkins.” She said sleepily, she was making her way to the dining room, barefoot and wearing nothing but a black silk slip dress.

Late shift today?” Johnny asked, he was standing by the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee in hand.

Five pm, you? It’s a Sunday, right?” She asked as she glanced at the tall windows. Johnny nodded and poured her a cup of the brown liquid.

“’Morning, Elle.” He said as he righted the strap of her slip dress before picking up the newspaper.

Ella climbed on the counter and peeked over his shoulder as he read the day’s paper.

Should we grab breakfast outside?” Johnny asked while reading, she nodded while leaning her chin on his shoulder.

But no Subway, please.” She stated, Johnny grinned and put the paper down, he eyed her get up warily.

Let’s go then.” She slid down from the counter.

Put clothes on, Elle.

I am wearing clothes, Johnny.” She replied without glancing him.

Those aren’t clothes.” He pointed out; she made a face at him.

 

 

“Your mother called me yesterday,” Youngho said as they stepped out of the building, Ella had changed into a pair of hot shorts, a loose white shirt and Converse sneakers, while Youngho was clad in a white button down, tucked in his denim jeans.

I don’t have plans coming home. I’m in the middle of my internship.” She said darkly, he chuckled.

“Maybe visit?” He nudged her.

If you want to see Bomi, it’s fine, you can go. Don’t you always?

I’m just saying it would be nice if you flew back and see your family.” Youngho said lightly as they crossed the street, Ella shrugged as she hooked her finger on his belt loop as they crossed.

Now that you mentioned, Mark Tuan hasn’t called to check if I’m still alive lately. Wow, I feel neglected.” She blinked.

Wow, you finally know how your parents feel when you don’t return their calls.” He said in a cheery tone, Ella slapped his arm. Youngho just wrapped one arm around her shoulder as they entered the deli.

 

 

The usual?” He asked.

Yes, but no yogurt, instead orange juice.” She nodded, Youngho walked towards the counter and Ella made her way to a vacant table.

Elle, eggs?” Youngho called from the counter.

Scrambled.” She replied before taking out her phone, she was about to text her brother when a male approached her.

Is this seat taken?” He winked at her, her eyes narrowed.

Yes, my husband~

But he isn’t looking right?” He said as he leaned over on the table.

He is.” She nodded, she glanced towards the window, outside, Youngho’s two bodyguards were standing a few meters away from the deli.

You don’t have to play hard to get with me, y. I know your type, y Asian girl, with~

y Asian girl who prefers men with real goals rather than guys who wear jeans that outline their vastus lateralis.” She replied flatly, the guy blinked. Youngho was standing behind him with an amused look on his face.

Ella Tuan being Ella Tuan again.

The male blinked at her, confused.

Oh you don’t get it right? You wear jeans that can make me point out your thigh muscles. It looks disgusting, just like how you’re hitting on a married woman on a Sunday morning.” She snapped, her eyes went to Johnny. He shrugged at her while grinning.

Hey, no need for~

I’ll take if from here, bud.” Johnny spoke from behind him; he sidestepped the male and set the tray of food down on the table. The blonde male walked away from their table.

“I don’t understand, I have this gigantic rock on my hand.” She gestured towards the four-carat diamond ring on her finger.

I told him I’m married, and does it look like I have time to be flirting with skinny jeans wearing~”

Okay, time to feed the beast.” Johnny cut her off, he set out her plate and handed her the utensils.

She made a face and stabbed the bacon.

But what if he knows we aren’t exactly really married?” Johnny mused as he picked up his toast.

But..we are though.” She blinked.

Is there another conspiracy in this union that I’m not aware of?” She sighed.

You’re my wife but you just told me to fly to Korea to visit my girlfriend, Elle.” He mused before taking a sip of her orange juice.

Ah, that .” She swatted his hand away from the glass and pulled it to her side.

You should start seeing someone too.” He chuckled.

I’m busy.

Busy finding fault in every guy who tries to flirt with you.” He pointed out.

Do you really want to start a fight now?” She looked at him, Johnny just laughed and wiped the bits off bacon on the side of her lip.

Do you want anything from Seoul?” He asked seriously as they started eating.

Wonbin? Or maybe Song Joongki?” She replied.

 

Sure, anything you want, princess.” He said dryly.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++