029

Bad Decisions

 

 

 

“Heol.” Ella chuckled as Hansol handed her forms.

“Just basic data about you, it’s for the charity to check. Although, they don’t really have to do a check on you.” He shrugged as he sat down across her. They were at an open hall at the hospital’s children’s center.

Ella chuckled, then she reached for the nameplate on his white lab gown.

“Why?” Hansol asked her, he placed his hand over hers.

“I just remembered that one time I flew back home for a while for Christmas. You were so busy with school, I was annoyed at you.”

Hansol shook his head with a smile, the nurses and doctors near them all paused. They never saw the director smile that way, not even with the children.

“Look at us now, both doctors trapped in high-rise corporate buildings.” Hansol said, Ella put her hand down, she picked up the pen and started filling up the forms.

“Now, I’m your cousin’s wife.” She mused, Hansol’s brows twitched.

But I saw you first. You were supposed to be mine.

 

 

“This is weird. Johnny’s secretary just called me.” Taeyong said as he stepped in the meeting, the room was still empty, except for Ten and Taeil.

“Me too. He asked me if I saw Ella earlier.” Ten spoke up.

“Why? Did Ella disappear again?” Taeil grinned as he leaned back on his seat.

“I think it’s starting, just like you said.” Taeyong looked at Ten.

“What?”

“Tension between Bomi and Ella.” Taeyong said.

“Ya, don’t say that.” Taeil shook his head, Ten leaned his elbows on the table before them.

“Youngho doesn’t know about Hansol and Ella, huh? About Hansol having feelings for her.” Taeyong spoke. Ten and Taeil nodded.

“I think Hansol still likes her. I think he always has.” Taeil said carefully.

“What do you think would happen if Johnny finds out? Won’t it be fun?” Taeyong mused.

“I think..those two…I think Youngho has gotten used to the fact that Ella is always around him and that he knows he can always reach her anytime. And that gets in the way of his relationship with Bomi.” Ten spoke.

“But, Ella…Ella’s kind of difficult. It seems like she loves everyone, and yet no one. She’s unpredictable.” Taeyong nodded with a small smile.

“Is the bet still on?” Ten asked as he glanced at his phone, Johnny had sent him a message.

I can’t reach Ella. Are you sure she hasn’t called you? –Johnny

“Of course.” Taeil nodded, Taeyong looked at his friend.

“My money’s on Elle.” Ten nodded.

 

 

 

“What?! You can’t reach her?” Johnny asked sharply, his secretary swallowed from the front seat.

“Yes, I think her phone has been turned off. I contacted young master Ten and director Lee, they haven’t seen her.”

Johnny leaned back on his seat.

“Her security detail just reported that she was seen at the main office earlier, sir. She was planning to see you.”

Johnny looked up.

“But she heard you weren’t around, so, director Ji saw her. They are at our main hospital right now, the one in Cheongdam.”

Johnny’s brows met.

“Let’s go there.” He stated.

“But, sir, you have a meeting~”

“I said we’d go there.” He said, his tone had gone arctic. His secretary just nodded quietly.

 

 

Ella watched as the young patients enjoyed their snacks, the nurses and doctors were assisting them as they ate.

“So, how do you feel?”

“Being in a hospital again? I feel better.” She smiled as she leaned on the table, her chin resting on her palm. Hansol smiled and just tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

“Ella-yah, I~”

“The last time I checked you had a phone.” A masculine voice made them look up. Johnny was walking towards them, his expression was dark and his necktie hung loose around the collar of his shirt.

“Ah,” Ella took out her phone, it was still switched off. He reached their table, Hansol stood up.

“Let’s go.” Johnny said as he took her by the wrist, Ella blinked.

“Johnny, I~”

“Our security detail went crazy when they couldn’t find you.” He spoke, his eyes not meeting hers. Ella slowly stood up, her eyes still on Johnny’s hand on her wrist, she rarely saw him in a bad mood.

“I was about to call you~”

“Oh, were you?” He faced her, his eyes blank.

Ella tensed.

“Youngho, it’s my fault. I was the one who switched her phone off.” Hansol said calmly, Johnny’s gaze went to him, he swiftly sidestepped Ella so he was standing in front of his cousin.

“Next time, please be a little more careful, hyung. You can’t just whisk my wife away anywhere without her security detail. And, it might just start trouble. I’d like to keep things this way, quiet and peaceful.”

“Ya, he wasn’t~” Ella flinched when Johnny’s grip on her tightened.

“And, like I said, she’s my wife. You’re her in-law, I don’t think its proper for you two be alone.” Johnny stated.

“Johnny, I was just~”

 

“We’re leaving.” Johnny said as he yanked Ella to him, he wrapped one arm around her waist as he pulled her away from Hansol.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++