030

Bad Decisions

 

Ella winced as Johnny pulled her across the lobby; her wrist was starting to throb.

Johnny, please,” She sighed. Then she yanked her arm away, Johnny stopped, not facing her. She winced and rubbed her wrist slightly.

What’s gotten into you?” She asked exasperatedly, Johnny still had his back to her.

I asked you to be careful.” He replied, his brows met briefly. Then he faced her.

I am being careful.” She replied.

You went with him alone. What would people think?

Youngho, this is a Samsung owned hospital. Your wife is a doctor, it’s acceptable for her to be here.” She faced him, he halted.

Is something bothering you? Is it~

Johnny looked at her. His jaw clenched, it was all too confusing for him. Having to keep up with Bomi and having to watch over Ella.

Well?” She asked again, she made a face at him before proceeding to fix his tie.

Bomi’s words started to play in his head.

“You act like you’re in love with her, Johnny.”

“I..was just worried about you.” He stated, she just smiled.

“Arasso, next time I wont switch my phone off. No need to get cranky.” She said before letting go his tie, Johnny exhaled before briefly wrapping his arms around her.

…Okay, you are freaking me out. Are you sick?” She asked teasingly, Johnny didn’t reply but he just leaned his chin on the crown of her head.

“No…But I have a feeling things aren’t going well.”

 

 

Minho yanked his laptop open, he took out the flash drive from his coat pocket and eyed it briefly.

“What are you doing? You know we need that merger with Lotte!” His father said as he barged in his son’s office. He put the device out of sight, he looked at the elder.

“Don’t worry, abeoji. Jung Sohee will end up being my wife.” He said with a small smirk.

“Do you even know who you’re up against? He’s a Tuan, Choi Minho!”

Minho leaned back on his seat, he just shrugged at his father. The old man sighed and walked towards the doors.

“This company will lose everything if you don’t get her.” He stated.

Minho watched as his father left, his brows met briefly as he plugged the flash drive to his laptop. Then he picked up the wireless phone on his table.

“Secretary Yoo? Set an appointment for me.”

“Yes, with who, sir?”

“Director Mark Tuan.”

 

 

“That happened? When?” Ten asked as workers carried in Johnny and Ella’s things that have just arrived via plane.

“Yesterday. For a moment back there, I was worried that he was really mad at me.” She sighed as she leaned back on the Ten’s car behind her.

Ahjumma was guiding the workers as they brought the stuff in the house.

“Was he?” Ten asked her.

“I don’t know, but, something was off. It’s a good thing Hansol oppa and he get along well; with the circumstances in their family…It can be difficult. I’m worried about them.” She said as she crossed her arms, then loud purrs started to echo from beyond the gates.

Ten’s brows rose briefly.

“I don’t think you have to worry about them not getting along, Elle.”

Before she could react, Ten’s gaze went to the gates then at her.

“Don’t look at me like that, I only have two cars back home, the Audi and the GTR. The rest are Johnny’s.” She stated as three Koenigsegg cars entered the property, followed by a Gran Turismo and a yellow Lamborghini.

Your husband’s crazy.” Ten mused. Then a taxi stopped right outside the gates.

“That…is definitely not one of ours.” She trailed off, then she saw Bomi slide down from the vehicle. Ten shook his head to himself.

“I heard about Mark hyung’s plans for the weekend, you going?” Ten asked as Bomi entered the property.

Probably.” She spoke as she watched Bomi.

Johnny’s not even home yet, why is she here?” She spoke, her tone a little harsh, which made Ten look at her.

 

“He’s not home yet.” Ella spoke as they entered the living room, Ten made his way to the kitchen.

“I know, I came early so I could speak to you.”

Ten stopped and pressed himself behind the wall.

“Ah, really?” Ella asked, Bomi put her purse down and faced her.

“I asked you nicely, I asked you stay away from him.”

Ella halted, confused.

“I don’t know how you do it, but you somehow always make him choose you.” Bomi stated, Ella shook her head.

“Bomi, it’s not like that, I don’t know what you’re talking about but~”

“I don’t want to hear your reasons, Ella Tuan. He doesn’t love you, it’s me. He chose me.”

Ten slowly shook his head, then he looked up as he saw the familiar black Land Rover roll in the property.

“What to do?” Ella’s tone changed, Ten tensed.

“I just realized how insecure you are. It’s pathetic.”

 

 

Johnny stepped in the house, he took off his coat.

Elle?” He called out.

From behind the kitchen’s wall, Ten tensed, wanting to flee but at the same time he was curious.

“Ella?”

Johnny stopped as he saw Bomi and Ella facing each other. Ten slowly peeked behind where he was hiding.

Oh? I didn’t know you were coming.” Johnny said as he walked towards them, not sensing the discomfort between the two.

Who? Me?” Ella looked at him, Johnny blinked.

No. I’m sorry. Bomi, I didn’t know you were coming.” Johnny smiled at her.

Ella stepped back just as Johnny was about to instinctively reach for her shoulder.

I was planning to make dinner, since Ten’s here. I saw his car.

“I have to go. You guys enjoy.” She looked away, Bomi saw how Johnny’s forehead scrunched up when she pulled away from him.

Elle,” Johnny reached for her hand. She stilled.

“I can use the Agera, right?” She faced him, he slowly nodded.

“Of course, you don’t need to ask.”

Ella nodded, then she looked at his hand around her wrist.

“Ella, what’s~”

Let go, Johnny.

Johnny’s brows met again, Ten slowly shook his head.

So this is where it starts.

“Johnny? Dinner?” Bomi asked, her voice a little sharp, Johnny met eyes with Ella.

“Where are you going? Dinner out?” Johnny pressed, Ella nodded.

Mark’s place. I’ll see you later.” She said as she pulled her hand away from his, then she walked out of the house, seconds later, one of his Koenigseggs was speeding away from the property. Bomi smiled and patted his hand.

“I’ll go take the groceries to the kitchen.” She said as she took the bags from him and left, then Johnny looked up as he saw his childhood friend appear.

“Ten~”

What was that?” Ten asked, Johnny was about to speak.

You almost…almost just chose your pretend wife over Bomi, Johnny. That’s what happened. Or, you chose her again.

Johnny slowly shook his head.

“Ya, it’s not~”

This isn’t right, hyung. You’re hurting them both.

 

 

Sohee was on her second slice of pizza when Mark’s phone started to ring on the table, the two were at his place, having dinner while watching a Star Wars film.

Elle?” He slid the green icon across the screen and put it on speaker.

Where are you?” She snapped, Sohee blinked then she grinned.

“Uh-oh.” She mouthed at her friend.

Sweetie, I’m at home. Sohee and I are having dinn~

I’m coming over.” She said abruptly and the line went dead.

Mark just flinched before putting his phone away.

So, how did it go? You met up with him.” Mark said, he saw how Sohee paused and stopped chewing.

Well?

“We just had lunch..talked about a few things.”

“Did he confess to you?” He asked nonchalantly as he looked at the screen again.

Sohee’s brows met and she looked t him, Mark smiled and put his slice down.

“When you stepped out of that restaurant, you looked uncomfortable and you were fidgety, Hee.”

She just nodded and picked up her cola.

I know you. And I know that you’re probably feeling a little conflicted about it,” Mark said as he sat beside her. Sohee didn’t reply.

But, this isn’t some joke or game I’m playing, Minho can do whatever he wants, he can try to pursue you and sweet talk you, but knowing Jung Sohee,” Mark faced her, Sohee blinked.

It won’t work on you.” He finished, Sohee snorted.

Ya, confidence can sometimes be not y.” She pointed up with a smile, Mark just shrugged, his smile sheepish.

 

He doesn’t know you the way I do.” He said before kissing her cheek.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++