023

Bad Decisions

Ella looked up just as Samsung’s chief of staff entered the room.

“Oh! Yong ahjussi!” Ella grinned at him, the two maids smiled as the lady’s greeting. Mrs. Seo was a little different fro the girls of her age and status.

“It’s nice to see you, samonim.” The male greeted politely, Hansol stood up.

“What happened? I was picked up from the hospital without any explanation.”

He nodded and gestured for them to sit.

“The director~”

The doors opened, Youngho appeared with a bottle of juice in hand. He sat down across Hansol and Ella.

“Good to see you, secretary Yong.” He said with a smile, then he looked at Ella.

Elle,” He patted the space next to him, Hansol looked at his cousin. Ella stood up and plopped beside him, she raised her legs and put them across his lap as she leaned forward to listen to secretary Yong.

“This doesn’t seem like a real emergency.” She said suspiciously, Johnny just opened the bottle of juice and handed it to her.

“Yes, you’re correct, samonim.”

Hansol’s brows rose.

“Then what is this? Why are you here?” Johnny asked, his palm on Ella’s knee as he leaned back on the couch.

“We are just testing how fast we can secure your safety when something happens. It’s good you two were in one place, sir.”

Ella hid her smirk and took a sip from her juice.

“Then….do we have to stay here for long?” Hansol voiced, the older male shook his head.

“No, you are free to go, sir.”

Hansol sighed and stood up.

“Oppa, call me about that volunteer thing, okay?” Ella said, Hansol just nodded at her.

“See you around, hyung.” Johnny said before Hansol left the room.

Secretary Yong left the room as well.

Ella let out a big sigh and lay flat on the couch, Johnny smiled and poked her leg through the holes on her jeans.

Thanks for the save, Ellie.” He mused, Ella just rolled her eyes at him.

When are our things arriving? Tomorrow noon, right?” She asked, Johnny nodded, he then grinned as he shifted his weight, and he slowly lifted Ella up and between her and the couch.

“Seo Youngho!” She complained, Johnny just smiled and pulled her to his chest.

I feel really sleepy, you know. Bomi tends to like waking around endlessly, it was tiring.” He murmured as he pulled Ella to his chest.

Well, you don’t have to use me as a blanket. There’s tons of couches~

Nooooo, Ellie is so warm. I like it.” He chuckled before closing his eyes.

 

 

Hansol walked to his car, he paused and glanced at the villa behind him, he shook his head slowly. And then his phone started to ring.

“Yes, eomma?” He answered.

“I heard you were called.”

“It was a security drill.”

“Really? Then did you meet Youngho and his wife again?”

Hansol’s brows met.

“Yes, I just saw Johnny and Ella.”

He heard his mother snort, he took out his car key.

“Now that those two are here they’re all making preparations, how obvious. Remember, the moment that girl~”

“Eomma, she has a name.” Hansol said quietly.

“I told you to take care of that. You promised me. That you would forget that girl. Hansol, she’s your in-law now, your cousin’s wife.”

Hansol looked away.

“And, you have to be president, not Youngho. Your feelings will just get in the way~” Hansol tossed his phone and ground, he slid in the car and sped away.

 

 

 

Sohee stepped out of her room, it was just seven in the morning and she could someone in her kitchen, cooking. Which confused her, she lived alone, and she had no waiting staff or helpers in her home.

It can’t be,” She blinked as she hurried down, Mark was grinning at her from the stove.

Mark…

Don’t worry. I’m not here so that you’d be awkward with me again, I’m still Mark, Hee.” He said with a smile, she blinked at him.

Hey, before all this,” He set the pan down and walked to her, Sohee swallowed.

I was your friend, and I still am. Okay? I just want things to be..a little normal again.

Sohee smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Besides, I can’t have you miss me too much.” He teased, Sohee just snorted at him, Mark bit his lip before kissing the side of her head.

You’re right, ice prince. I did miss you.” She said as she pulled back, Mark shrugged and went back to the stove again.

I received a new invitation yesterday,” He started, Sohee looked up, nervous, she climbed on the kitchen counter.

I have two things I want to suggest.” Mark faced her, she blinked as he walked to her.

You can go on with it, well, I can easily break an engagement..again..or, we fly to Hawaii with our friends.

Sohee stared at him, wide-eyed, Mark was smiling as he spoke, but she knew he was dead serious.

 

 

I’m offering you an escape, sweetheart.” He mused before walking away from her.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++