026

Bad Decisions

 

 

Ella set down the pen and pushed the document to her secretary.

“So, I have to be at Gwangjun tomorrow?”

“Yes, director. Since, your brother’s schedule is quite hectic. I’m not sure whether he can accompany you.”

Ella nodded and took her phone, she stood up and picked up her bag before leaving the office.

She made her way to the elevator and once in a while she would say hi to the employees who bowed as she passed.

“I didn’t know he..he had feelings for Sohee, Elle. I feel…worried about that.”

“Well, if only he confessed earlier, it wouldn’t be this messy, right?”

“But, I started to grow feelings for her too, Ella. I like Jung Sohee, and I don’t think it’s just a crush.”

“This feels like the beginning of a drama.” She murmured as she got in the elevator, she leaned back and watched as the blinking arrow went down on the small screen.

“Samonim,” Her guards greeted her as the doors open.

“Hey, guys.” She sighed as she stepped out, they grinned at her.

“We’ll be taking your car home.”

“..What? Why? Are you making me ride the bus?” She blinked, they both shook their heads as they crossed the lobby. Ella noticed some of the employees were whispering as they exited through the doors.

“Director Seo is here, then we’ll be taking our leave.”

She just nodded and walked to the doors, and found Johnny leaning against his red Lamborghini Aventador, his eyes were on his phone as he waited, totally unaware of the stares he was getting. Ella smiled and shook her head, Seo Youngho was such an adorable geek sometimes that she forgets that he could be attractive too.

Hey.” She spoke, Johnny looked up and grinned.

How was your first day?” He asked as he walked to her.

Do you want me to cuss now?” She murmured, he just chuckled and took her hand as he pulled her to the car.

Okay, off to dinner we go.” Johnny opened the door for her and she slid inside.

 

 

 

 

“Abeonim!” Ella called as she hopped towards Mr. Seo, leaving Johnny standing in the foyer.

“Heol.” He muttered as he followed her.

“It’s my favorite daughter-in-law!” Mr. Seo chuckled as he hugged Ella, she chuckled as she pulled away.

“Abeoji, she’s your only daughter-in-law.” Johnny said dryly as he joined them in the living room. Mrs. Seo laughed as she entered, Ella stood up and greeted her with a kiss on the cheek.

“Have you been well, eomonim?” She asked, the lady smiled and patted her hand.

“I feel better now that you’re in Seoul for good.”

Ella laughed, Johnny snorted as he sat down on the couch.

Right, we have a little something for you, Ellie.” Mrs. Seo took out a red box and placed it on her hands. Ella blinked at her, Johnny just waved her over.

It’s a gift from the both of us. Welcome home!” Mr. Seo grinned as Ella sat beside Johnny.

Nothing for me?” Johnny asked, his mother just rolled her eyes at him. Ella opened the Cartier box and smiled.

“Do you like it? I was the one picked the design.” Mr. Seo said proudly.

“Heol.” Johnny shook his head as his wife took out the rose gold bangle with diamonds.

“I love it, thank you, abeonim and eomonim.” She smiled and nudged Johnny beside him. He made a face and helped unscrew the bangle’s lock and put it around her wrist.

“And, we have some things to discuss with you.”

The two looked up, Mr. Seo turned serious.

“It’s Hansol’s mother, there’s been rumors she’s trying to do something again. Although, we have no idea what it is…it’s probably going to target you, Youngho.”

Ella frowned, her hand went over to Youngho’s. She knew how it made Johnny uncomfortable when he was being pitted against his older cousin.

“Ella too. I just want to remind you to be careful. Okay?”

“I’m guessing..things are going to be complicated?” She spoke, Mrs. Seo nodded. Ella glanced at Johnny briefly.

“She’s going to Hansol against you, son. I think its best if you distance yourself from him.”

Johnny just nodded quietly, then the elders left. Ella bit her lip, Johnny stood up. He was frowning as he walked to the veranda and ran his hand through his hair.

“They seem serious about it.” She said carefully as she approached him. His phone started to ring, he took it out and looked at the screen. Ella’s brows rose.

Bomi was calling him.

“It bothers me.” He said as he put his phone back in his pocket.

“I know. But..it’s the best thing to do.” She said, then she opened her arms to him. Johnny just shook his head before burying his face on the crook of her neck.

She just patted his back comfortingly.

No matter what, I’m on your side, Seo Youngho.” She said with a smile. Johnny’s brows met briefly, but he just closed his eyes and kissed the fabric of her shirt.

I think Hansol hyung wants you on his side too.

 

 

Sohee glared at her friend, Mark was happily chatting with his father as they made their way to the gardens. They were at the Jung residence, about to have dinner at the gardens.

“Although what you did was a little rash, I approve.”

Sohee almost tripped on the grass.

“You approve? I almost got yelled by eomma!” She complained as she reached them, Mark grinned at her.

“It was my mistake putting you in this situation, I should have waited a bit more.” Mr. Jung looked at his daughter fondly.

“Then….with this situation…Choi Group…” She sputtered as she kept up with them, Mark glanced at her briefly.

Are you worried about him?” He asked flatly, Mr. Jung paused.

Well, I…I~

“I’ll take care of that. I will be meeting Mr. Choi tomorrow. I’m sorry, Sohee. Appa will try to fix this.” He said before leaving the two, Sohee looked at Mark.

“I don’t understand how my parents are cool about this.” She said as she jutted her lips towards her parents, Mrs. Jung was fussing about on the dining table as the maids moved.

“You didn’t answer my question.” Mark faced her, Sohee halted.

I…I’m not worried, but…I don’t know what to do. I know how to face him.” She said honestly, Mark’s lips quirked up slightly.

“I don’t think you have to face him again.”

Mark, that’s rude.” She sighed, Mark just sighed and tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear.

 

I don’t care.” He smiled before kissing her cheek and stepping away.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++