| Chapter 32 | Warm heart, cold speech.

We Are BTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook's P.O.V

 

"Nate?" Jungkook manages to speak after quite a while of excruciating silence in the fancy looking car.

"Hmm?" Nathaniel softly answers, eyes on the road as he turns down the volume of the radio.

"I...may have gotten to meet one of my earliest friends ever through a guy at work. - Jimin, you may remember him.

Nathaniel smiles to himself. " I can recall, don't worry. At the time I'd always get stuck with a migrane whenever he came by. However, that was the happiest I'd ever seen you. What's wrong though? You don't seem too happy about this, and usually  this kind of thing is meant to be precious." He engages in conversation.

"Yeah! Yeah... it totally is! It's just..." Jungkook lowers his head, looking down at his fidgeting hands, all while Nathaniel patiently waits for more to escape Jungkook's mouth.

"I think the two of us got a little..." Jungkook stops himself to correct his mistake. "a lot carried away at reminiscing  about the past that, we maybe forgot about my co-worker and past friend, I guess - Taehyung." He voices in a guilty yet casual manner. "You see, Taehyung was also kinda in our group, ages ago. Sure, he only joined in when Jimin and I were already friends. And...I didn't like that. I hated it. I felt forgotten about since they used to do everything together. I mean they were the same age too. I guess it was pretty selfish to think that way, but I couldn't help myself! Anywho, I slowly started declaring Taehyung my enemy and Jimin hated it when we fought. It seemed to me that he was more on his side. So, I left. And God, it felt horrible, but I got through it and forgot." Jungkook notices his hands curled up into fists, knuckles white from the thoughts of his past. His eyesight becomes blurry. Pushing all of those thoughts back, he moves on. "Then, one day at work, a beautiful face stops and stares in awe at oour setup. Thinking back, he was cute, holding his lil' carton of milk. I immediately realized that it was the Kim Taehyung. My blood was boiling with that same anger and jealousy from before. And all of a sudden, he became my partner and that's when I let my feelings slide and really declared him an enemy, I was prepared to show him exactly how it felt. We started this stupid competition fueled by my arrogance and through time, we sorta became friends.No, maybe frenemies? What I mean is, I don't hate him as much as I thought I did." Jungkook babbles.

"Sounds interesting...this relationship between you two. While I'm not admiting that you were in the right to do things like that, you still had feelings, right?"

Jungkook nods enthusiastically at that to himself. "Yeah! And, I came to understand that I really hurt him a few nights ago. He was infuriated that no one was paying attention to him or something. Then he burst out of the room without explaining." He goes on to say. 

"Kook. You're aware that you gave him exactly what you wanted right? What you felt like?" Nathanliel asks. 

"Precisely. And it feels even worse. He's scary when he's like this. I don't want this for him anymore. I just want to sort this out, in the manliest way since I'm such a manly man." Jungkook frowns in the backseat, even though he wants to smile.

"Boy, did it ever occur to you that perhaps you were hurting the lad even earlier than you think?" 

The struck boy shoots his head up. Nathaniel turns his upper body to face Jungkook, while at a stoplight. He looks at him in the eyes and says "Just, what if the two boys waite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter