| Chapter 24 | Patience dear, patience.

We Are BTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon's P.O.V

 

Finally, after a long day of work, Namjoon gets his long deserved vacation, accompanied by his paycheck. 

He thanks his boss, high fives his co-worker, taking over his shift and joyously skips out to the carpark. There, he unlocks Jin's car and boards into it. He had made an agreement to pick Jin up from work after his last shift. On this ending week of October, Jin's achieved something great. In fact, so great, that it's worth celebrating. The two had decided to share a meal together, therefore Namjoon's dressed especially classy tonight.

Namjoon revs the engine and rolls out of the hotel's carpark, venturing into the city.

 

Upon reaching The Duck, Namjoon turns off the engine and swiftly get out, causing a few heads to turn and a few mouths to drop to the ground. "Gosh, didn't know I was THIS charming. Well done, me." Namjoon applauds himself, a smirk playing on his lips. He sighs loudly before adjusting himself up, then walks up to the front door.

Spotting Jin has Namjoon's stomach turning and temperature rising. "Today is important, don't this up, Namjoon." He begs himself before slipping into a seat in front of where Jin was working. 

"I think I'll have an ice cream sundae." He smiles. Jin looks up to find Namjoon's gaze on his, dimples striking out. Jin smiles back in responce. 

"You wish, you're going out to dinner soon and you want to be a kid again? Not on my watch." The two snigger simulatneously. 

"Why not?" Namjoon leans in, elbows crossed on the counter. Jin prods Namjoon's nose saying, "Just wait here, I'll be finished in about fifteen minutes." then proceeds to leave with a large meal in his hands. 

"Ciao, bella." Namjoon teases, in Italian would you believe? He receives a sharp head turn, a grin forming on Jin's mouth.

 

Jin gets into the passenger seat and rests his things in the back, while Namjooon puts his seatbelt on.

"So." Jin starts.

"So?" Namjoon repeats, never taking his eyes off the road.

"Where we headin' to?" Jin asks informally, batting his eyelids, secretly hoping Namjoon would take him to see his favourite food.

"Home, actually." Namjoon presses down on the pedal; car coming to a halt. Namjoon turns his gaze to a shocked Jin.

"Are you serious?! Why're you dressed up like that then! Jeez, don't get my hopes up!" Jin sits back in his seat grumpily, last sentence barely heard by the younger. The light turns green. 

Namjoon takes hold of the wheel with one hand, the other reaching out to slap Jin's nearest thigh playfully. Jin visably jumps at the sudden contact, leaving a grin plastered on Namjoon's face.

"There's nothing special about celebrating your success in another restaurant, anyway." He states, begining to caress the area in which he smacked earlier. 

The two refrain from talking, letting the soft sound of the engine running break the silence instead of words.

 

Jin's P.O.V.

 

Stepping foot in their home together feels so good; it was about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter