| Chapter 23 | Prince Hoseok, to the rescue!

We Are BTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok's eyes go wide.

"T-today? But...don't you have a boyfriend?" He casually asks.

"Ehm. It's complicated." She responds. Hyun Ae then bows deeply. "Please! I need to pass this exam!" She begs.

Hoseok looks around in embarrassment. He takes Ae by the shoulders and lifts her upper body up straight.

"C'mon, people are looking!" He whispers. "I don't wanna look suspiciously bad."

"What do ya say?" Hope heard in her sweet voice, puppy dog eyes showing.

"Aish! Stop being so cute already!" He responds, only to witness her facial expression becoming so much more irresistibly cute. "...Fine." He agrees as she hops up and down in content. "But I'm starving." His expression painful looking.

"I'll cook at home, now c'mon!" She happily suggests as his face lightens up to the thought of homemade food.

 

As the two are walking to Hyun Ae's house, Hoseok can't help but to question her strangely loud neighbourhood.

"What's with this place?" He asks, looking around as a crash is heard, followed by an alarm.

Hyun Ae hesitates a little. "Oh? No, no, you've got it wrong. It's a GREAT place, for real." She assures.

Hoseok shrugs, hoping that she was telling the truth.

Upon reaching her what looks to be rundown 'house', Hoseok begins to really examine Ae's questionable looks. She gives off a little embarrassed, unhappy and extremely uncomfortable vibe. Hyun Ae laughs nervously.

"Make yourself at home!" She exclaims, sitting Hoseok down.

Hoseok looks around. The walls are mouldy and a disgusting shade of green. She doesn't have much furniture and it looks a little cramped. Hoseok finds it hard to associate this kind of a living space with a beautiful, clean, stylish girl. "Is this all your space?"

"Well...ha..ha. It's no studio apartment." She comments, about to walk towards the 'kitchen'.

A hand firmly grabs hers.

"This isn't funny! You're practically livin' in a dump!"

"It's what I call home..." She responds, sadness in her tone of voice. She grabs her maths books from her bag, with her free hand.

"Do you not have any money to upgrade it, or even move out of this sketchy place as a whole?"

"No-!"

"Why don't you just ask your parents the-" Hoseok interrupts, concerned.

"Listen! It's not your position to interrogate me and certainly not think that you can pry into my life!" She huffs suddenly.

"So either you help me with my exam or you can get the out of my house! Your choice!"

Hoseok springs up, hand still gripping Ae's.

"No, I will not! We're friends aren't we? I absolutely will not sit here believing all this bull you're spitting at me! Now you tell me the truth or I'll have to find out in my own way!" He fiercely glances Ae in the eye, acting like a mom.

"Yeah? Well go on! I don't need you anyway!" She spits, slamming her maths textbook on the coffee table.

"Why? Just because you have a ty boyfriend who screams in your ear and doesn't trust you a single bit? Yeah I wouldn't need anyone like me, either. Maybe I'll go ask him what's going on!" Hoseo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter