| Chapter 26 | Third wheeling ruins swag

We Are BTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung's P.O.V.

 

"Okay, now make a left." Tae instructs as Jungkook steers in the right direction. For once, Taehyung can be so close to Jungkook without him nagging about the proximity. Taehyung inhales Jungkook's faint smell of a somewhat musky cologne from his collar. Getting carried away in his beautiful scent, Taehyung's only now sensed that they passed Jimin's apartment complex. 

A quick "stop!" comes roaring out, causing Jungkook to jump. 

"Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to scream..." 

"You couldn't have been more quiet." Jungkook mutters sarcastically, rolling his dashing brown orbs in responce to Tae's sudden scream. Taehyung awkwardly smiles and gets off. He gestures for Jungkook to get off and starts heading for the stairs. 

"Wow. You really just had to add walking up four flights of stairs to the day's workout, huh?" Jungkook complains, ironically, with a smile on his face as he looks up. 

"That smile is breathtaking. Funny, Tae, 'cause it isn't for you." he speaks, tone getting bittersweet.

 

Jungkook skips happily down the corridor to Jimin's apartment. Taehyung's left behind, admiring Jungkook's mood and body language. With Jungkook knocking enthusiastically on Jimin's door, the two wait in content for the latter to show his face.

A lock unlocking, and a doorknob turning; the door slowly opens to reveal a messy-haired, plump-lipped and lust filled boy. His eyes widen in embarrassment along with his cheeks that play along, turning a deep crimson on his face.

"H-hey, Taehyung? W-whatcha doin' here?" He stutters, only then noticing the beaming boy beside his best friend.

Taehyung eyes Jimin. "Why? What were you do-"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIMINIE!" Jungkook shouts over Taehyung, hugging Jimin tight. 

All of a sudden, Yoongi appears from the background; appearance similar to Jimin's.

"Ehm, who?" Yoongi mouths to Taehyung. 

Jungkook lets go, smile fading at the sight of Yoongi.

"Yoongi-grandpa?" Jungkook asks. Yoongi scowls at Jungkook, speechless.

Both Jimin and Taehyung bounce their eyes back and forth between Yoongi and Jungkook.

"Ah, it's the spoiled lil' kid." Yoongi finally realises.

"AH! Come in..." Jimin invites after a while of awkward silence. 

Yoongi walks in first, then follows Jungkook. Jimin and Taehyung walk together, sharing confused glances. Only, Taehyung's confusion was for a different reason; what actually happened before the two arrived?

"What're you doing here, kid? Isn't it past your curfew?" Yoongi mockingly asks, drinking some soda while eyeing Jungkook.

"Oh please, grandpa. Are your eyes failing you? it's only two in the afternoon. Besides, I came to revisit my bestie!" He beams back.

"And you?" Taehyung cuts in for Jungkook, playfully intervening about earlier.

Jimin desperately tries to cover up. "Eh. He was actually here to celebrate too!" 

Taehyung scoffs, refusing to believe it's JUST eating some cake. "Yeah, celebrate with hugs and kisses." 

Jimin hits his best friend, whining for him to shut up. 

Yoongi doesn't seem the least bit shook, though. Instead, he keeps eyeing Jungkook, mysteriously drinking his coke. Jimin turns to Jungkook, who is smiling brighter than the sun at this point. He raises an eyebrow at Jungkook.

"Oh, this is Kookie." Taehyung introduces, earning a glare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter