| Chapter 11 | Lonely Till

We Are BTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok's P.O.V.

 

Hoseok wakes up to the sound of birds chirping. He forces himself to open his eyes and adjust to the light. The moment he opens them, they land on the clock. Early. Waaaaayyyy too early. Especially for Hoseok. He usually woke up twenty minutes before leaving for his retail job. He sits up in his bed and turns his head to see his reflection in the full body mirror on the wall. His fluffy, wavy, dark brown hair was a mess and somehow standing up on its own. Hoseok sighs, and turns his head back to the T.V right in front of him. It was on, and reporters were talking about some event that happened last night. Hoseok usually couldn't sleep without some sort of noise, so his T.V was always on. He grabs the remote and raises the volume.

"There's been an increased amount of erts in Seoul as of lately. We encourage parents to take good care and caution when it comes to their children."

Hoseok shrugs it off, getting out of bed. It's early August and Hoseok still has until the end of December to work at that supermarket. Bummer. He decided to get ready at a relaxed pace.

Hoseok heads out and walk to work. As soon as he arrives, he greets his early co-workers, who seem shocked at his punctuality. He smiles to himself as he changes into his work clothes and walks towards his favourite till; number 7. It was where he first met both Taehyung and Jimin. They were buying party supplies and Hoseok just so happened to like conversing about parties. Somehow, Jimin ended up giving out his phone number to Hoseok, asking to hang out, since Hoseok told them that he was new here. He sits in the really uncomfortable chair there and goes on his phone for a while.

After waiting for a half an hour, the market got a lot fuller. Hoseok was scanning an old lady's tea and biscuits. She was the last in his queue, so he was taking his time. The old lady thanked him and left. Hoseok's till was lonely, yet again. He picks up the staff comment sign and writes on it. That's one thing he liked about this place - people who work there get their very own erasable sign board, to use to lure the customers towards their till. Who ever attracted the most customers to their till by the end of the month would get a discount next time they shopped there. Hoseok always wrote goofy sayings or jokes on his, but not this time. He put down his marker and placed the sign at the end of the till, where customers could see it. He waited in boredom for another while, until a very small girl approaches with a trolley full of coffee and milk, and some sugar.

Hoseok sits up straight and greets her.

"Good morning!" He exclaims. 

The girl just smiles sweetly. She places each of the items on the band and walks forward, only to stop and gaze at the sign. She takes some time to read it and chuckles soon after. Hoseok examines her reaction carefully while beeping the items in. 

"Do you like my sign?" Hoseok asks, happily.

"Hmm, I like the fact that you spelled 'abandoned' wrong!" She exclaims, bringing her hand to her face to cover her smile. Hoseok quickly reflexes towards the sign. It reads :

'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter