| Chapter 22 | What even is love?

We Are BTS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung’s P.O.V.

 

Taehyung wakes up ‘extra super-duper early’- as he calls it, to send goodbyes to his mother. He heads downstairs to hug his mom. Once he sees her, he runs up to her and hugs her tightly. At one point while doing this, he thinks that he might be too clingy and childish, but continues hugging his giver of life. Sure, he may be embracing her all too tightly, but he doesn’t receive compact back. Just a light pat on the back.

“Huh. I would’ve thought that she’d at least do this since she’s leaving. She's only made any physical contact earlier this week when we first met after a long time. I can’t be thinking into this too deeply…right?” Taehyung asks himself. He internally whinges.

From the corner of his eyes, he notices Jungkook walk down the stairs, sleepily. He watches as he comes into his field of vision to hug his mother. They stay in each other’s arms happily and willingly.

Taehyung sighs. “I’m so jealous.” He repeats to himself as the once awkward hug comes to an end. He smiles at his mother, pure love twinkling and reflecting from his eyes – no doubt about it.

“Bye, son. Don’t forget to feed yourself properly, you’re looking a little on the unhealthy side!” She reminds, then diligently hands him the approximate amount of money he’ll need before his father sends him some more. Taehyung pulls off a faint smile.

“I want your love, not your money.” He proclaims to himself. “…I can’t say that, can I?”

He hears Jungkook whisper something to his guardian in the background.

“He’s not happy, is he?” Is somewhat along the lines of what he heard, he wasn’t sure – and he isn’t known for having the best ears either. However, the pity coming from the two was pretty tangible.

“Jeon Jungkook!” His mother exclaims.

 

Taehyung waves with both hands, exaggerating in speed. His mouth trembles as he tries to maintain his fake smile. His mom could always tell his genuine smiles from his fake. It hurt to stand there like an idiot, with his mother not giving enough s to notice her unhappy son. She gets in Mr. Jeon’s car and he drives her to the airport.

 

Taehyung drags himself back inside. There, he witnesses Jungkook and his mother lovingly quarrelling about breakfast and their choices. He gives a meaningful stare to Jungkook, then proceeds to walk upstairs to pack his ‘things’. By things he means his toothbrush and clothes that he’d worn on the first day. Jungkook follows Taehyung’s every step.

Once he gently closes the door, he turns to a busy Taehyung, searching for his clothes that he’d just thrown around.

“Finally. My home will be peaceful again.” Jungkook emphasises. Taehyung turns to Jungkook, eyes shooting dark glares. Jungkook lifts up both his arms in self-defence.

“Woah. Look, sorry, but it’s the truth.” He speaks frankly, a concerning look slowly creeping onto his face.

“Oh, isn’t it just?” Taehyung scorns, steam escaping from his volcano of a head.

Taehyung passes Jungkook rapidly. Jungkook impulsively grabs Taehyung’s hand. His head shoots in Jungkook’s direction. Then, his eyes indecisively switch between Jungkook’s sincere eyes and strong grip. His anger vanishes into thin air suddenly.

“This REALLY isn’t like you. Believe me, I’ve had to learn that the hard way these past few days.” His voice stern and convincing. “Care to explain?”

Taehyung takes one last normal breath before completely losing it. His breathing transitions from a steady pace to in beat with his thriving heart. A couple of tears manage to elope Taehyung’s face. Jungkook’s grip tightens in an attempt to comfort the latter.

“Tae, you can say it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter