Five

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 5⚜

Jiyeon’s POV

I woke up to a blinding light and a tingling feeling all over my body. I could feel someone holding onto my hand. I turned to the side and saw my mate holding my hand, his head resting on his free arm which is resting on the bed. He was asleep. I slowly tried to remove my hand from his hold but that made him stir. I froze when I felt him move.

He slowly opened his eyes and jerk himself awake when he saw me looking at him. “You’re awake! Thank goodness.” He stood up and tuck my hair behind my ear. “You scared us half to death. Don’t ever do that again. I don’t know what I’ll do when you- Let’s not think about it anymore. Just thinking about it is scary. Please don’t ever do that anymore. Okay?” He pleaded, his eyes filled with hurt as he caressed my cheeks. His eyes were filled with unshed tears.

I heard my wolf whimper at the sight of him looking so vulnerable. I put my right palm to his right cheek and wipe away the tear that was threatening to fall. I’m sorry. I told him in my head and he rested his forehead against mine. “No, I’m sorry that I couldn’t protect you, Jiyeon-ah.” He whispered, his eyes closed.

I could feel tears threatening to fall. I nearly kill not only myself, but my mate. I could literally feel the pain that he’s feeling radiating from his body. And that’s the last thing I want. “Let’s go have food. You haven’t eaten since yesterday.” He said, as he helped me up. I guess I was out since yesterday. I felt something on my neck and move my hand to touch it. I blinked when I felt a cotton bandage. “You should be healed by now. I’ll remove it for you.” He said and bent over to take off the bandage.

I flinched a little when I felt the tape tugging onto my skin. “Sorry, does it hurt?” He asked and stopped moving. He looked at me worriedly and I shook my head. It’s true, I was just a little shock. He continued taking off and threw the bandage aside. “Come on.” He said and offered his hand. I took it without hesitation and felt my whole body tingling at the skin contact.

What do I call you? I asked him telepathically. Not like I can talk to him anyway.

“Anything will do actually. Though many call me Xiumin. But Kim Minseok is the name I was born with.” He said, smiling at me. Minseok… I let out a small smile and nodded. He grinned when he saw me smile. “I like it when you smile.” He suddenly said and I could feel my face heating up.

He chuckled and started swinging our hands. We’re still holding hands. “Good evening lovebirds. You gave us a scare there Jiyeon. Not to mention our alpha almost went berserk when he found you.” Kai was leaning against the wall near the staircase. I blinked.

“Shush.” I heard Minseok say and look up at him. I saw him giving Kai a glare that literally says ‘shut up’.

Kai let out a chuckle and say, “Well, you’re going to be our sister-in-law soon. Looking forward to it.” Kai winked before walking away and I heard Minseok let out a sigh. I look at him questioningly.

“Sorry about that. Kai is just… too playful for his own good.” He said and I just gave a lop-sided smile. I shook my head indicating that it’s nothing. It really was nothing. I wasn’t offended in any way.

“Jiyeon-ah…” I heard Junyeong’s shaken voice as I stared at Minseok’s back, cooking for me. I turned my head to look at Junyeong and blinked in confusion when I see both her eyes were filled with remorse.

“I’m so sorry… I should’ve find you. I shouldn’t have thought you were dead and just find you.” She fell to her knees and cried as Baekhyun was behind her, supporting her. Hugging her close to him. “I’m so sorry…” I heard her sobbed.

I was quite taken aback at what’s happening in front of me. “What did you find?” Minseok asked, and that was when I felt him right beside me. I gave a confuse look towards him and he just gave me a reassuring smile.

Junyeong’s POV

After seeing the amount of blood on the floor and the glass shard in Jiyeon’s palm, all of us were panicking. Xiumin went to bring her straight to the infirmary while I still stood at the bathroom, looking at the pool of blood. “I can’t believe it…” I felt my knees buckled and Baekhyun caught me before I landed on the floor.

“Are you okay?” He looked at me, worry evident in his eyes. I shook my head as my eyes started welling up with tears.

“She tried to kill herself… She tried to kill herself right under our noses…” I muttered under my breath in disbelief. “Shhh…” Baekhyun turned me around and embraced me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter