Four

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 4⚜

Xiumin’s POV

After Jiyeon left, I was left a little taken aback by what she said. “Did you girls by chance offended her or something?” I asked Junyeong, who seemed quite depressed by Jiyeon’s attitude especially towards her. “We just met her recently. There’s no chance that we could’ve offended her.” Gayoung said, frowning. Jiyeon did walk off on her. “Well… She doesn’t seem to like either of you very much.” I stated, getting a glass of water for myself.

“Thanks Mr Obvious.” I heard Gayoung muttered and I glared at her. “Sorry.” Gayoung apologized when she saw me glaring at her. Nobody talks to their alpha disrespectfully, no matter who they are. Except for my mate, of course.

“Well, both of you better try to reconcile with her. She’s my mate and your future Luna. And from what I can sense, she has alpha blood in her. She’s your older sister?” I asked Junyeong and she nodded.

“She’s older than me by 5 minutes. I want to talk to her but she wouldn’t let me.” She said sadly while Baekhyun rubbed her back. I let out a sigh to calm myself down. I tensed when I felt something. “There’s an uninvited guest in the territory.” Kai snarled and I nodded. Ken. I heard Jiyeon let out a low growl in my head, although it’s a growl, she sounds panicked.  

I cussed under my breath before running out of the pack house, the others following me from behind. I sniffed Jiyeon’s scent and stopped when I saw her, tense. “Jiyeon.” I called out but she didn’t respond and I looked at who’s in front her. I glared at him. “Alpha Xiumin.” Ken greeted and gave me a bow but I didn’t respond to him.

“What brings you here? In my territory, uninvited?” I asked with an eyebrow raised. “I believe you have someone that belongs to me.” He smirked. “And who might that be?” I asked, feigning ignorance since Jiyeon doesn’t belong to his pack anymore anyway. She belongs to me. “Lee Jiyeon.” He said, jerking his head towards Jiyeon making me let out a growl.

Jiyeon turned to look at me, her eyes filled with fear. Help me. She whispered in my head as I see tears welling up in her eyes. That made me snap and I pounced on Ken. He cussed, “What the hell?! Alpha Xiumin!” “As far as I’m aware, I don’t have anyone here that belongs to you. Lee Jiyeon belongs to me. If you ever lay a hand on her, it’s on your life. Understand?” I growled, my eyes turned blue as I felt my wolf trying to come out.

“She belongs to my pack.” Ken spat and I choked him. He only has Beta blood in him, so he’s not a match for me. He only rose to Alpha because the previous alpha, Jiyeon’s and Junyeong’s father, died. I growled at him. “She’s my mate.” I growled dangerously at him and I saw him swallowed his saliva. “Yes, Alpha. My apologies.” Ken said and I let go of him. He ran away.

I turned after calming my wolf down and turned to see a terrified Jiyeon. I widened my eyes and walked towards her. I gave her a hug to calm her down. Leave. I mouthed to the others and they nodded, leaving only the 2 of us here, alone. “Feeling better?” I asked, wanting to pull away from the hug to check on her but she was gripping onto my shirt.

Don’t move. I heard her say in a broken voice and that was when I felt my shirt slowly getting wet. She’s crying. I hugged her tighter, but made sure she still has enough room to breathe. I her hair in attempt to calm her down. My heart pained to see her in this state.

Jiyeon’s POV

It wasn’t my intention to cry. Really, but the fear took over my body and when he hugged me, I just broke down. It took almost all my energy to just stand up. I didn’t know how long we stayed like this but I pulled myself away when I stopped anymore tears from falling. I know he’s my mate, but I barely know him.

And I obviously have trust issues, considering what I’ve been through. Believe it or not, before my parents died, I treated Ken as my second father. He was so nice to me like how my father treated me. But it obviously was just a façade. His true colors appeared after my parents died. “Feeling better?” He asked and I simply looked down and nodded.

“Look at me.” He said softly but I didn’t. He bent to my eye level forcing me to look at him and he just gave me a small smile. “He’ll never hurt you again. I promise.” He said, his eyes filled with love and I just stare at him.

“Come on. Let’s eat. This time, try not to run away even if you see your family members okay?” He asked, straightening up as I look up at him.

“Well?” He asked with an eyebrow raised when I didn’t answer him. I looked away, not wanting to answer him. I don’t want to see any of them. I just couldn’t bear the thought of them living so… happily and comfortably when I was being beaten up, verbally abused and given those… unwanted stares by my own pack througho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter