Twenty-Four

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon’s POV

Both Minseok and I were in the car with John and Suho, on our way to the Town Hall. “What’s today’s meeting about?” John asked, breaking the silence in the car. I was thinking about that too, and I could tell Minseok was worried about this meeting as well. We’ve been told many times that there were 3 types of people that we should always kill, Witches, Hunters and Rouges. I’ve come across multiple rogues and hunters, but never witches.

I wasn't sure about Minseok though, I’ve never asked him about it since there wasn’t ever a need to. I should try asking him about it. 

“About the witches and hunters that’s been told to go into hiding. We have no details about it actually. We’re just told to kill them but we don’t know the reason behind it.” Minseok said, his eyes still on the road. “Witches and hunters? They’ve been told to go into hiding by who?” I heard Suho asked.

Don’t tell them. I told Minseok, reminding him about the trust that Alpha Joongki have in us.

“I don’t know. That’s why we’re going to the meeting. There are a total of 5 packs involves, including ours.” Minseok said, partially lying. Our pack was considered as one, since it was been combined and everyone already knew about it.

After we had reached the Town Hall, Suho and John had been asked to wait outside the conference room. Not only them, but all the betas of the other packs as well.

All the Alphas sat at their chairs as we wait for the Elders. “I see that Alpha Jiyeon has decided to take off that mask.” The alpha of the Silverback Pack said, amused. She was also one of the rare girl Alpha in the continent. Yes, female Alphas were rare.

“I wonder what all these is about.” The Alpha of Crescent pack, Lee Kangjae said.

“Yes. It’s rare for the Elders to speak out about hunters and witches when all they talk about are the rogues.” The Alpha of the Lunar pack, Park Yonghwa agreed. The door to the conference room opened and in came the Elders, plus Alpha Joongki. He threw me a small smile and I returned it. I kind of expected him to be present in this meeting.

“Let’s get straight to the point. All of you are aware that hunters, witches and rogues are the natural enemies of wolves right?” One of the Elders asked and all of the Alphas nodded.

“Good. The hunters and witches that I want you guys to kill are scattered all over the world and I hope to hear that they’re dead by the end of this week. Latest, next week.” He continued.

“What have they done?” The Alpha of the Midnight pack, Blake Kinsley, asked. I could tell Joongki was happy to hear that question. I turned my attention back to the Elders when I hear one of them started talking.

“It’s our natural instinct to just kill them if we found them. Is it not?” He asked and I let out a scoff which was heard by everyone. Mia had partially taken control of my body as soon as we entered the conference room.

“I see that you’ve finally taken off that mask.” One of the Elder gave me a warm smile and I just return him with a nod.

“Is there a problem Alpha Jiyeon?” Elder Kim asked, obviously unamused by my sudden disruption. Oh, that old man had never been happy with me.

“Yes, I’m afraid there is Elder. As much as I want to kill the hunters and witches that threatens our race, I don’t see a reason to kill them if they haven’t even threatened us. And like you said, they’re scattered all over the world, how in the world are they a threat to any of us? I’m sure there are wolves in those part of the countries as well, why not ask them to do the work for you instead of asking us to go all across the country just to kill them? Besides, how do you even know about them? I doubt you even know anything about the hunters and witches in our own country. Why not focus on the threats in our own country first?” I asked and all the Elders glanced at each other and I did a mental victory dance.

Go Mia, you’re on the roll today. I praised and I heard Mia let out a mental chuckle.

Good job. I heard Minseok said and I threw him a small smile before turning my attention back to the Elders.

“Very well, do you even know any hunters, witches or even rogues that threatens us in this country?” One of the Elder asked and I shrugged.

“It’s not my job to find out. Besides, there’s only one person threatening me at the moment and he’s using a witch. I’m already thinking of a plan to find him and that witch.” I said, talking about Ken.

“Have you even manage to find his scent at least?”

“The pack warriors that I’ve sent out found him together with a witch and they were killed before they could even tell me their location. They told me about him working with a witch just before they were killed.”  I said.

“Is this person a rouge?” Blake asked and I nodded.

“He was the former Beta of the Blue Moon pack. Ken Miller.” I said his name in distain earning some gasp and looks of surprise.

“Anyway, yes. Back to the topic, we should focus more on the hunters and witches that are in the country first. But is there any particular reason for the Elders to have taken a interest in them?” I asked and I saw Joongki gave me a proud look and I gave him a lop sided smile.

“Alp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter