Nineteen

Mates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚜Chapter 19⚜

Jiyeon’s POV

I sat in the living room, watching TV while Minseok continued building the pack house that we’re going to stay in. I heard the door open and look at the door to see Junyeong coming in together with Gayoung. Laughing. Both of them saw me and I could see Junyeong tensed for a moment before giving me a nod of acknowledgement. Gayoung simply just ignored me. Right, I have to tell Junyeong about the visitor that we’d be receiving the day after tomorrow.

I went to the kitchen where both of them are and they seemed tense when I came in. What’s wrong with them? Junyeong. I called out to her, standing at the entrance of the kitchen. Junyeong turned to face me since she had her back against me. I look at the counter and saw that she was about to make a sandwich. “Yes Luna?” She responded and I frowned at the word. Luna? Since when have she decided to call me that?

Do you remember the Moon Valley Pack? I asked her and she blinked.

“Moon Valley Pack?” She asked and I nodded.

“The Moon Valley Pack disappeared 10 years ago. What about them?” Gayoung asked, looking as confused as Junyeong.

I was told that the Alpha wants to meet the both of us in two days. I told Junyeong and she widened her eyes as if she just remembered something.

“I remembered! You remember that time when we were playing hide-and-seek and you got so lost that you gave up trying to find for a place to hide and just end up crying in the middle of the forest? And I manage to find you just by hearing you cry so loudly then both of us ended up getting lost together?” She suddenly said, grinning at the memory. Gayoung excused herself from the kitchen leaving me alone with Junyeong. I didn’t actually mind and just gave a nod to Gayoung.

I thought about it and knew what she was talking about. I nodded and her grin widened. “We were at the Moon Valley Pack when that happened. Mum and Dad brought us there. We got so lost that we just waited to be found. In the end, Mum, Dad and Alpha Joongki found us huddled together behind a tree.” She chuckled at the memory as I tried to crack my brain.

Joongki… Joongki…  I widened my eyes in realization when I manage to make out his face. “Remember him?” Junyeong asked and I nodded.

“He’s coming to meet us in 2 days?” She asked and I nodded again.

What does Gayoung mean by they’ve disappeared 10 years ago? I asked, recalling what Gayoung said.

“Oh, I actually have no idea. Do you want me to ask Gayoung unnie about it?” She asked and I shook my head. It’s fine. They’re visiting us anyway; we can just ask them. I told her and she nodded, giving me a small smile. I returned it before going back to the sofa to watch the TV.

“Jiyeon, do you want a sandwich?” I heard Junyeong asked from the kitchen and I shook my head. Just get me a bag of chips if you have some. I told her and heard her chuckle. I hugged the cushion as I watch the TV. It’s just a Disney cartoon, Inside Out. Yes, I’m watching a cartoon on TV. It’s showing anyway.

“Here.” Junyeong put the chips in front of my face and I took it. Thanks. I simply said and continued watching the movie. “Can I sit here?” I heard her ask sounding nervous by that question itself. I look up at her and nodded. Of course. I told her and just continued watching the TV. I can understand why she was nervous; I mean… I haven’t been treating her… well. Yeah, I admit.

Wow Jiyeon, that’s a huge step you’re taking. I heard Mia say and I mentally rolled my eyes at her.

It’s going to happen sooner or later anyway. I told her as I kept my eyes on the TV. I opened the chips and started eating them. I don’t know how long I’ve been sitting here, but by the time I switch off the TV, we’ve watch a total of 3 movies and the sun was already setting.

Yes, Junyeong and I. We didn’t even talk and just watch the movies in silence. That’s an improvement right? I went to the kitchen to dispose the empty chips wrapper and wash my hands. I heard the door open, “Oh, D.O.!” I heard Junyeong say as I switch the tap off.

“Hello. Want to help me cook dinner?” I heard him asked. “As usual.” Junyeong say and entered the kitchen.

“Oh, hello Luna.” D.O. gave me a short bow and I just gave him a small smile.

Do you need my help too? I haven’t been productive the whole day. I told him and he chuckled.

“Sure Luna. I would appreciate it if you help.” D.O. took out all the ingredients, putting all of them on the counter and dining table. One wolf need at least 3 servings of food. That explains the 2 refrigerators and the amount of ingredients

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter